Page 170 of 177 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3522

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Italy

On a slightly different note, I wouldn't be surprised if FFP were suspended for a year altogether. I don't think many clubs can comply with it in this situation.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    On a slightly different note, I wouldn't be surprised if FFP were suspended for a year altogether. I don't think many clubs can comply with it in this situation.

FFP by definition is a frameworks for clubs not spending beyond their means, whatever their means are - it should stand even in the situation of a recession or the force majeure situation we're in. All clubs are going to be equally financially burdened when this thing ends.

The market will normalise for a couple of transfer seasons probably. Buying clubs won't be able to splash ridiculous amounts on players so selling clubs won't ask for that much money. Even Marotta attested to that in a recent interview.

I'm guessing average players we saw being transferred for 40M will now probably cost half as much, just like they did a couple of years ago.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

4. Thanks (2): Harpsabu, MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Lautaro's 111mil clause tho

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks (1): MVD

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Kit for next season...

Inter F1 team

8. Thanks (5): ADRossi, eduzee, MVD, n4l, William

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter boss, players ready to cut pay
    For the remainder of season

Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte and his players are ready to cut their pay amid the coronavirus shutdown, sources told ANSA Tuesday.

They are ready to take a pay cut "for the remainder of the current season", they said.
    https://www.ansa.it/english/news/202...86ce8dbdd.html
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

10. Thanks (2): Harpsabu, MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    FFP by definition is a frameworks for clubs not spending beyond their means, whatever their means are - it should stand even in the situation of a recession or the force majeure situation we're in. All clubs are going to be equally financially burdened when this thing ends.

The market will normalise for a couple of transfer seasons probably. Buying clubs won't be able to splash ridiculous amounts on players so selling clubs won't ask for that much money. Even Marotta attested to that in a recent interview.

I'm guessing average players we saw being transferred for 40M will now probably cost half as much, just like they did a couple of years ago.
    But these are extraordinary circumstances. It is normal for a club to expect certain income from TV revenues, tickets, maybe other.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    But these are extraordinary circumstances. It is normal for a club to expect certain income from TV revenues, tickets, maybe other.
    What I meant is that all clubs are in the same boat. Considering the circumstances FFP should even be tightened.

If FFP is loosened or lifted altogether what prevents ultra-rich clubs with owners that can just print money to buy out all the best players from struggling teams for peanuts?
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

14. Thanks (2): MVD, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    what would be most sensible imho is to make people have a number of options:

1 - season is exempted for FFP purposes - note that the transfer windows are now closed so you couldnt exploit this. But for example it probably helps Milan quite a lot
    2 - Take accounting from last season to cover this year's lost revenue from FFP compliance perspective
    3 - Season counts towards FFP but clubs can find balances (e.g. salary reductions)

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter Have Best Wages To Turnover Ratio Among Top Clubs In Serie A

Inter have the best wages to turnover ratio amongst the traditional top clubs in Serie A this season according to a report in today’s print edition of Tuttosport.

Inter’s annual wage bill equates to 26% of the club’s most recent annual turnover of €417 million which would suggest Inter’s annual wage bill sits at €108.4 million.

AC Milan have the worst wages to turnover ratio among the big clubs in the league with their wage bill equating to no less than 38% of their turnover from this past year. The Rossoneri club have a wage bill of €80 million against a turnover of €206 million.

Inter’s arch-rivals and current reigning Italian champions Juventus have the second worst ratio with their wages equalling 38% of their €621 million turnover.

Napoli have the third worst ratio with wages making up 32% of their turnover whilst Roma have the best ratio behind Inter with their wages equating to 28% of their annual turnover.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

17. Thanks (4): ADRossi, firmino, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Belgium announced season is over and brugge who are top are champions. Wait to you see juve being crowned champions. Again, why the fuck did we agree to play them. How did we not see this possibility.

19. Thanks (4): ADRossi, delaurentis, Fitzy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Nobody cares about the Belgian league anyways.

If it comes down to really needing to decide a champion just do a final between jube and Lazio! I’m sure they can squeeze one game in at the ass end of May/ middle of June.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Nobody cares about the Belgian league anyways.

If it comes down to really needing to decide a champion just do a final between jube and Lazio! I’m sure they can squeeze one game in at the ass end of May/ middle of June.
    Even if that happens, the only fair way to do it would be to play the game at Juve's stadium since the previous game was at the Olimpico, and Juve would only need a draw to guarantee the title since they are a point ahead right now.

Now, sure, Lazio won in Turin early in the 2017-'18 season, but they probably don't have too many other wins there since the stadium opened. Maybe none at all, I haven't looked it up. Regardless, the odds would still be overwhelmingly in Juve's favor even if it comes down to this.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Belgium announced season is over and brugge who are top are champions. Wait to you see juve being crowned champions. Again, why the fuck did we agree to play them. How did we not see this possibility.
    To be fair, Belgium only had one round until the season was finished, and Club Brugge were 15 points ahead of second place, so they mathematically secured it a while ago. It only made sense to give them the title.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    To be fair, Belgium only had one round until the season was finished, and Club Brugge were 15 points ahead of second place, so they mathematically secured it a while ago. It only made sense to give them the title.
    Ah, I did not know that at all. Just read the clickbate title

24. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Talks to discuss restarting league back in May/June.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Even if that happens, the only fair way to do it would be to play the game at Juve's stadium since the previous game was at the Olimpico, and Juve would only need a draw to guarantee the title since they are a point ahead right now.

Now, sure, Lazio won in Turin early in the 2017-'18 season, but they probably don't have too many other wins there since the stadium opened. Maybe none at all, I haven't looked it up. Regardless, the odds would still be overwhelmingly in Juve's favor even if it comes down to this.
    Nah hold it at a neutral ground, winner takes all.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Euhm no?

It was the last round of regular competition. After this there were play-offs between the first six to determine who would be champion. And the points get divided in half, so only 7 points ahead with 10 more matches to go. (Still they would be champion). Get yo facts right!
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

28. Thanks (5): Harpsabu, Il Drago, MVD, n4l, Wings

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Nah hold it at a neutral ground, winner takes all.
    If we were in Juve's shoes in that scenario, odds are we'd be crying foul about it if that decision were made. I have no choice but to try and be fair about this, as far as I see it.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Euhm no?

It was the last round of regular competition. After this there were play-offs between the first six to determine who would be champion. And the points get divided in half, so only 7 points ahead with 10 more matches to go. (Still they would be champion). Get yo facts right!
    Lol - that makes more sense given it's only April now. I just saw a post from someone stating that and took it as fact.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    I'm not sure how you could decide to hand a title to a team who are one point ahead in the standings when there are still 36 points up for grabs, but I'm sure they'll find a way.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

32. Thanks (1): MVD