Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2079

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    ًWhen was the last time Inzaghi beat Juve in Serie a? Lazio is just one useless club.
    He is a young coach, he should be able to pull it off against a senile Sarri.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

2. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I am not sure if you are serious. But Inzaghi has a weak mentality just like Spalletti. His problem isn't the age but the mentality. I expect a comfortable win for Juve.
    Last edited by Palacio; 02 Dec 19 at 08:45.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    ًWhen was the last time Inzaghi beat Juve in Serie a? Lazio is just one useless club.
    You call Lazio useless, but they've beat juve more recently than us. They last beat juve in 17/18. 1-2 at juventus stadium with Dybala missing a late penalty. They also beat them in the Supercoppa of that season.

Us on the other hand, we have to go back to 16/17 in the league. The next most recent victory is also the last time we won at juventus stadium in 12/13. Ironically Conte was the coach then, but he wasn't on the bench as he was banned from football for 10 months for his role in Scommessopoli while at Bari.

I know exactly your sentiment: we always hope for in-form teams to do us favors against juve, or at least put up a fight, but then they seem to just lie down for them instead. It's frustrating. But it's hard to complain about others tbh We will travel to juventus stadium this season for what will be the 20th Serie A match between us since Mourinho left. In those 19 games we've won just twice, drawn 6 times and lost 11. That is truly fucking dismal. That's the kind of H2H record I would expect from juve vs Crotone. We did better against them in the early-mid 2000's peak calciopoli days.

Morale of the story: What Sassuolo did yesterday was a fluke. Never get your hopes up for anyone to do us any favors against juve when we're so incompetent ourselves.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

6. Thanks (3): Devious, Harpsabu, Palacio

Netherlands

Not entirely pertinent, but I believe Conte's suspension was due to his stint at Siena

8. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Wheels are falling off in Naples. I wonder who's gonna survive the apocalyptic inferno that ADL unleashes come summer?

10. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

Everyone talking about this Turati kid, the GK from Sassuolo who debuted vs juventus yesterday in Sassuolo's attempt to give juve a free win.

Anyone else feel like the media is upping his performance to draw attention away from the fact that juventus were once again abysmal?

I watched the whole match and I didn't feel like any save he made had a difficulty over 7/10. To use commentators terms, there are saves you'd describe as "world class" and "miraculous". Then there are saves you'd describe as just "smart" or "sharp". I felt like all of Turati's saves were "only" the latter. Maybe I'm being too critical considering he's only 18.

\_(ツ)_/

12. Thanks (3): ElDuccio, Pajo, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Pupi, C

Japan

Or the Kid did not understand the ‘strategy’? sass was supposed to give Jube a free win but he messed up the whole thing.

14. Thanks (3): Devious, ElDuccio, Universe

Poland

regarding commentators he is Sassuolo's 4th goalkeeper, he played just 3 games in Primavera this season where he conceded 10 goals, so there was no much expectations from my side that he saves Sassuolo. But he was very good. Yeah, maybe nothing special for experience goalkeeper, but for such kid it was something unexpected. He behaved like an experienced player, he didn't have problems with corners and he was able to steal some time when he catched the ball, he did really well in build-up phase, he didn't just kick the ball right away anywhere, he preferred short passes to his teammates which was impressive. Moreover, it was rainy day, so it was difficult to save even easy shots (look on Buffon who wasn't able to save easy shot from Caputo because ball was wet).
    So nice debut for this kid, keep working

16. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    The one where De Ligt was handled by some player on a corner kick. Though there weren't many replays, it seemed fairly clear that he was brought down.

Juve were terrible till they went a goal down. But post that, they created enough and came very close a couple of times, primarily via Dybala to win it.
    You are right that one was a penalty for Juve. But there was also a possible one against them. (Un)surprisingly, the broadcast never showed a replay of this.

Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

18. Thanks (5): acroMacho, Devious, Howl, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Everyone talking about this Turati kid, the GK from Sassuolo who debuted vs juventus yesterday in Sassuolo's attempt to give juve a free win.

Anyone else feel like the media is upping his performance to draw attention away from the fact that juventus were once again abysmal?

I watched the whole match and I didn't feel like any save he made had a difficulty over 7/10. To use commentators terms, there are saves you'd describe as "world class" and "miraculous". Then there are saves you'd describe as just "smart" or "sharp". I felt like all of Turati's saves were "only" the latter. Maybe I'm being too critical considering he's only 18.
    How about that fingertip save on Dybala? I was impressed with that
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

20. Thanks (1): dax21

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    You are right that one was a penalty for Juve. But there was also a possible one against them. (Un)surprisingly, the broadcast never showed a replay of this.

Vecino got red for this against Juve
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

22. Thanks (3): Devious, Howl, Universe

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Rube getting a ridiculous gift from their former youth academy player Romagna. What else is new.

Fucking pricks.

24. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

This year it's Napolis "down fall", maybe next year it's Juve's turn, who knows.

#IcardiOut

Serbia

Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti has officially placed his team ‘in ritiro’ to prepare for their match against Udinese this weekend.

27. Thanks (5): Devious, Dylan, MVD, Shark, Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post

Speaking of Turati, he was born in Milan and he was a member of Inter primavera till 2017. A true Interista.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

29. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

Grosso sacked

Corini back

\_(ツ)_/

31. Thanks (5): Anne Marie, Devious, ElDuccio, Howl, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

I don't want to defend Grosso but Balotelli missed 2 easy goals against Atalanta. That guy isn't even good for a club like Brescia...

#IcardiOut

33. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

what a game Cagliari-Sampdoria :o

-- edit --

Best game I've seen for a long time. This Cagliari side is unbelievable. They deserve to get to Europe

--

N9 impressive performance with another stunning goal
    Last edited by acroMacho; 02 Dec 19 at 21:48.

United States

Quote Originally Posted by acroMacho View Post
    what a game Cagliari-Sampdoria :o

-- edit --

Best game I've seen for a long time. This Cagliari side is unbelievable. They deserve to get to Europe

--

N9 impressive performance with another stunning goal
    I might check out the second half after I get home from work, just for the entertainment value. I mean the number goals is... sheesh.

Though I'm pissed Samp couldn't hold onto the tie after being up 2-0. I don't *think* we'll be competing with Cagliari for a CL at the end of the season, but with this club you never know. Might be that we do our usual holiday slump and then have to fight for 4th again on the last day, in which case we'd have an easier time of it with Cagliari on 2 less points. Assuming Cag keeps up their form that is.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Mamma mia Cagliari. So fun to watch.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

37. Thanks (3): Anne Marie, firmino, MVD