Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    They already are
    Sassuolo and Fiorentina pumping players into Juve whilst our supposed buddy Cagliari are nickle and diming us over Barella.
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

2. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Mauritius

Anyone have an overview of how much money the clubs in Serie A are losing every year? I know that Milan will have to break even by 2021 in order to not be banned from Europe (altho still pending CAS). Would be interesting to see especially for Inter.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Agnelli slams Serie A
    By Football Italia staff

Juventus and European clubs chief Andrea Agnelli has accused Serie A of ‘protectionism’ after it threw out his plans for Champions League reform.

The European Club Association (ECA) wants the Champions League and Europa League to be replaced with a three-tier League, which includes promotion and relegation as opposed to qualification through the domestic route.

However, Serie A has joined forces with the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 in voicing its opposition to the ECA’s proposals.

“What has been really disappointing so far has been the whole conversation has been driven by representatives of the big five Leagues,” Agnelli said at a Press conference.

“I see it as a protectionism of the big five Leagues vis-a-vis the rest of European football.

“I can give you an answer as a member of a big five Leagues, because I play in one of them.

“And I can give you an answer as chairman of the ECA. My answers will vary... depending on which hat I put on in giving you the answer.

“The hat I care the most about [today] is the hat of the European Club Association chairman.

“It is important that we, in a united way, concur in finding solutions for the good of European football.

“If we want to find solutions for the good of European football we must take a step back and a step above, and try to see things from a different level.

“We should try to put ourselves in the shoes of each other and understand what is the best solution going forward.”

5. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Stefan

Italy

I stopped reading at "protectionism". Serie A clubs are not the only ones who don't want it, 7 Spanish clubs have also opposed to it.

So even if those Serie A clubs were "protectionist, it's not just them.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Spoken like a true politician.

"We must preserve stability" (i.e. keep our fat checks)

"We have to do what is best for *insert group*" (i.e. we want to promote our own agenda at the expense of everyone else we say we're here to help)

Fuck Agnelli, fuck the ECA and fuck UEFA. They've completely destroyed this sport in the last 10 years.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Italy

Honestly, I would be open to a change. But it must not be in the hands of those who are involved in it.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

I wouldn't mind if the Champions League were like any other league in that, you know, you play a round-robin schedule within it along with playing in your regular domestic, but that's automatically a 76-game season for the teams involved in it (for contrast, the max number of games a Serie A team can play, factoring in every possible competition, I believe is 58) so that solution could only exist in video games.

So I'm not sure a real good solution does exist. I do agree and have said before that I don't think the current Champions League structure is the most optimal. That said, I agree with Firmino; I'm not about to give the task of "fixing" the Champions League to the current powers that be. Sadly, I'm not sure there's a footballing body on earth that doesn't reek of corruption.

12. Thanks (1): Universe

Greece

The Champions League is the most important trophy in Europe. At the same time, it's the least important competiion in Europe for fans. If you center European football around it, football will eventually die or transform into something we'd all wish it were dead. Fans love the Champions League because it is a prestigious trophy and the bragging rights are through the roof. Bragging rights is what football is all about. Kill the domestic rivalries and you kill the sport. Nobody wants to see Barcelona vs Liverpool and Real Madrid vs Bayern Munchen every year.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Fonseca is pretty much confirmed as the Roma boss. Can't say I know anything about him.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

15. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Italy

He likes to dress as Zorro.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Fonseca is pretty much confirmed as the Roma boss. Can't say I know anything about him.
    He was poor at Porto, decent at Braga and great at Shakhtar. He is an interesting choice but also a gamble.

18. Thanks (4): forzainter257, MVD, thatdude, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The Champions League is the most important trophy in Europe. At the same time, it's the least important competiion in Europe for fans. If you center European football around it, football will eventually die or transform into something we'd all wish it were dead. Fans love the Champions League because it is a prestigious trophy and the bragging rights are through the roof. Bragging rights is what football is all about. Kill the domestic rivalries and you kill the sport. Nobody wants to see Barcelona vs Liverpool and Real Madrid vs Bayern Munchen every year.
    I know I'm not the only one that is a purist and likes football for football sake. Trophies are secondary to me.

The sport will live on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

The sport will live on with unaffiliated consumers pretending to be fans of a handful teams and players. Thanks, but that's not football.

Conte uomo di merda

21. Thanks (1): chhstr

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

The sport will live on and ultras will die off. Win win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    LM10
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

Even though he is probably a football hooligan, a nazi, a satanist and a child fiddler. I gotta say im almost always on brehme's side somehow when it comes down to football. Agree

Italy

according to gazzetta.it, bologna will soon announce their new three-year deal with mihajlovic and sabatini will also work for them.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Spot on. These agnellis and other fucks don't seem to understand that football will indeed die if they try to create this plastic league to be played around Europe. Who's gonna go to the stadiums to actuality watch the games? Maybe tourists and some middle class football followers who don't really give a fuck about the club. Who wants to watch Juve-Real or Liverpool- Barcelona every week? These big matches will become ordinary matches and that simply kills the hype and "mythical" aspect of the CL. Inter-Juve in the plastic league wouldn't feel the same as in Serie A.

26. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, chhstr, Dylan, Linege

Greece

Commisso welcomed by Fiorentina fans.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    he doesnt look too happy
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

29. Thanks (2): ForzaNerazzurro, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

we all know what youre thinking, brehme
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

31. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro