Page 155 of 171 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155156157158165 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3408

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    First of all, God I fucking hate Dalbert. The perfect mix of rank stupidity mixed with aggression. Deserved sending off tonight and spastic defending on Ibra's goal which should've stood. Fiorentina's penalty was also a joke. I'm all for Milan getting fucked over but Calvarese is making a dangerous reputation for himself as a lunatic who singlehandedly ruins games.

Secondly, people saying juve are shit and don't look like a scudetto winning side etc... juve step it up a notch when they play us, they always do. Meanwhile, we almost always do the complete opposite and bitch out. Mentally, this team/club is still crippled against juve.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lazio leading after a minute lol
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by delaurentis View Post
    Inter had some clearcut chances against Barca and showed a willingness to win. What more can you ask for as a supporter?
    Against PSV, Inter played cowardly and remains, together with the 2-3 defeat against juBe, one of my deepest dissapointments during the Spaletti era.

Look beyond the results is all I can say
    of course, there is no comparison with the match against psv, when the coach pussied out in the worst imaginable and emvarrassing way.

and yes, we did try against barca.

but jeez, at some point, when it counts the most, against a team which had not much to fight for, you expect the guys to step up.

yes, i guess you could say: "they gave their all, so what's to ask more of them". which is the same one could say about padelli.

but they let me down, we could do much more and much better. the fact that we were horrible and way worse the year before doesn't change that.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    So can anybody elaborate how they chose which matches to play and which not?
    Seems weird to be playing in genoa but not in turin.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    well it's basically Lombardia at the moment.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    So can anybody elaborate how they chose which matches to play and which not?
    Seems weird to be playing in genoa but not in turin.
    Region based.

Lombardia and Veneto are the regions hit the most.
    But Emilia-Romagna (Bologna, Parma etc) and Piedmont (Torino) are also affected by some cases.

Liguria (Genoa) is without any reported casualties. Which historically is an anomaly since those things typically started from port cities such as Genova and Venezia (who are the "inventors" of quarantine, where a ship would stay harbored for forty days, ie quaranta).

What's more fucked up is that Roma is playing and Lazio was allowed to travel to Genoa when the first case in Italy was discovered in freaking Lazio region....
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

11. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, GenDire, MVD

Italy

torino-parma has been postponed as well. which arguably means that juventus-Inter will also be postponed, or maybe played behind closed doors.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    So i d guess were gonna play a lot of games behind closed doors.... Like we cannot afford for the entire serie a to basically not be playing in the north especially not in a season that is followed by an EC.
    Now looking around to other places where it spread i d guess it s gonna take 1 months plus to contain it and i dont see how we can postpone a whole months worth of games or even more. ANd even if the virus is contained in one place it would still be questionable to let huge groups of people come together.
    Then again playing behind closed doors would be a pretty bad hit financially for most clubs.

Also holding that EC in 12 different countries looks like an even stupider idea now especially if we aint got rid of this shit till than.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

15. Thanks (2): MVD, zodd

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    So i d guess were gonna play a lot of games behind closed doors.... Like we cannot afford for the entire serie a to basically not be playing in the north especially not in a season that is followed by an EC.
    Now looking around to other places where it spread i d guess it s gonna take 1 months plus to contain it and i dont see how we can postpone a whole months worth of games or even more. ANd even if the virus is contained in one place it would still be questionable to let huge groups of people come together.
    Then again playing behind closed doors would be a pretty bad hit financially for most clubs.

Also holding that EC in 12 different countries looks like an even stupider idea now especially if we aint got rid of this shit till than.
    They could always reverse the Euro decision. Germany could organize a tournament within a week given the infrastructure they have. The same goes for the UK.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

The 2003 Women's World Cup was supposed to be in China and then SARS happened, and they moved it to the US and gave the 2007 tournament to China as compensation, so there is some kind of precedent for something like that if the need arises.

19. Thanks (2): MVD, Strale

Italy

There is a famous precedent: the 1986 World Cup was to be held in Colombia, but they backed out for financial problems, so mexico was picked instead, because they had all the stadia ready, thanks to the 1970 world cup. in that case Columbia backed out 4 years before the world cup.
    Last edited by firmino; 23 Feb 20 at 18:19.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

fourth coronavirus casualty in italy, in bergamo (atalanta's city). it's yet again an elderly, a 84 year-old man.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    FCIM1908

Bulgaria

Considering how things are going, I think the chances of postponing all football matches the following weekend, are getting higher and higher.

According to La Repubblica, the 212 people are infected. Jesus.
    non mollare mai

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    A friend of mine was in Venice past couple of days, he left Venice yesterday without being stopped, checked or noticing any measures in the region or his way home towards Slovenia and Croatia. Literally nothing.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    A friend of mine was in Venice past couple of days, he left Venice yesterday without being stopped, checked or noticing any measures in the region or his way home towards Slovenia and Croatia. Literally nothing.
    It doesn't matter. The truth is we don't have accurate tests to find out positive cases of patients. Many people tests negative first, than when they get more serious they test positive. So if you are in early stage, even blood test would not find it out. And other scary thing is it can spread without patients showing symptoms. So only way to stop your friend is putting him into the quarantine for like 20 days. No one would do it.
    Normally I am optimistic person, but I also do search for data and I see this as the beginning of global pandemic.

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Serie A will get canceled. atleast rube won't win another scudetto.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I m not sure if i d want us to play next weekend in front of no fans or if id rather us wait. But realistically speaking we d have to wait at least 2 weeks till after the last known patient is either heald or dead. Letting people go into a stadium before that would be fucken dumb since incubation time is two week.
    So basically we d have to wait i d guess at least another month till we play with fans again. And i m not sure we can fit a month of non play into the schedule with a EC on the horizon.

Anyways if italy is serious about containing this then we re gonna have to play without fans or we re gonna have to cancel the season. If italy wants to half ass it then we can play with full stadiums again next week.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    If your friend or anyone else bring that stuff back home I’m pretty sure we will have more dead people from China since our doctors do not have resources to fight with that thing.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

31. Thanks (2): MVD, nurko

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    All for trying to contain this as best possible, including suspending serie a indefinitely.

I am, however, against continually playing games behind closed doors as it’s lost revenue.

33. Thanks (1): Jusef

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    All for trying to contain this as best possible, including suspending serie a indefinitely.

I am, however, against continually playing games behind closed doors as it’s lost revenue.
    Well in terms of lost revenue so is cancelling the games. As i see it will be playing behind closed door probably for the entire months of march.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte