Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Italy

When ffp was first introduced, some people questioned whether it was compatible with the UE laws about freedom of investment.

But it was in the best interest of almost everyone to deal with ffp anyway, as nearly nobody wants to spend way more than what their club makes.

And after all, despite all of its flaws, it makes sense to ask the clubs to limit their spending to what they make. One may not agree with it, but there is a rationale: fair competition.

Those who wanted to ignore ffp though, have de facto ignored it: first, man city and psg.

Now uefa had also to deal with this shark known as Elliott management, which made it immediately clear that they were ready to go to war, meaning take ffp and uefa to court.

uefa has almost immediately folded and, if what is reported is true, ended up negotiating with bbilan.

But if those who make the laws and should enforce them have to come to terms with those who break them in the most blatant way, then ffp doesn't make sense anymore.

This is particularly hurting in the case of bbilan, which is even worse than city and psg: they spent way more than they could not just "ffp wise", they simply spent a lot of money they didn't have, from the very beginning with a 300 mil loan and over 200 mil for li's first transfer session.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

2. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

It's not Milan's fault they have good lawyers who can negotiate a sweet deal with UEFA. If it is possible for them then why couldn't we do it?

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

FFP is a joke to begin with. Everyone knows you have to invest money to make money and football is no different. What FFP effectively did to the current big teams is that it enabled them to cement their positions leaving absolutely no chance for anybody else to catch up, maybe in ten years, but not as fast as some ambitious projects such as PSG and Man City would want to and I perfectly understand them. Why enter the game only to see your hands immediately tied. It's my fucking money and I'll do with it as I fucking please. Thank you. (Nevermind they're robbing their own people's money but that's an entirely separate topic)

It's crystal clear, money = titles. Ever since the Qatari's bought PSG in 2011 they've won 6 out of 7 Ligue 1 titles.* Since City was bought by the Abu Dhabi Group in 2008 they've won 4 EPL titles out of 10 and they were basically a mid-table team before that. Yeah, the Champions league may be elusive for both but for me it's a luxury item in the world of football. We have more European titles than Juventus but they are regarded by many to be a bigger club just by the virtue of dominating the league as much.

The main reasoning, as far as I remember, was that UEFA didn't want to see other occasions of teams spending out of their means ala Parma or Rangers and get themselves bankrupt. Well, I see nothing wrong with bankrupt clubs. Companies bankrupt all the fucking time. They make shitty decisions and ill informed investments and they fail. All the time. Why should you artificially cap clubs from spending their own money however they see fit?

I don't get it really.

* Edit: Oh and by the way the one that broke that winning spree was no other than Dmitry Rybolovlev's Monaco, Rybolovlev took over in 2011 and got them a title after a 17 year draught in the 2016/17 season.

The departure of star players and a decline in spending was also attributed by Vasilyev to the introduction of the UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations and the resultant threat of sanctions. Vasilyev said in an interview that Rybolovlev had told him that he was "...already investing big money and if the club has to pay fines over and on top of that, this is something that is really not on. This really goes against any common sense". In a March 2015 interview with Nice Matin, Rybolovlev re-iterated his long-term commitment to the club and also expressed his delight at Monaco's successes since his arrival.

So not only FFP doesn't help football it drives investment away.
    Last edited by Wobblz; 19 Jun 19 at 11:31.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

5. Thanks (4): ADRossi, chhstr, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    When u look at Inter, MM after the treble didn't want to spend anymore, ET even less so apparently and Suning are just talking about being the best but not doing much with our player quality either so far
    FFP is a convenient excuse for spending as less as possible for this owners.
    Also our master transfer director had some shit scouting done. Also super agent Kia files were disturbing in Suning's first year
    But this is incompetence not FFP trouble

Also yeah FFP doesn't make sense for those who want to spend big... It's just an elaborate sceme to keep the rich on top and new money to stay behind them...

Inter under Suning seems to me like a fake it till u make it kind of deal

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Moratti couldn't spend anymore. He probably paid more than a billion from his own pocket. And he is not so rich to afford such a gargantual ambition for so long.
    His biggest mistake was that he treated Inter exclusive like a hobby and didn't try to make an economic sustainable club. Financially Inter was a black whole, much more than City and PSG.

9. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Before everybody goes nuts over milan dodging ffp do we even know whats in the deal?
    I highly doubt that ilan can just spend what ever they want from now on till whenever their agreement ends.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    It's not Milan's fault they have good lawyers who can negotiate a sweet deal with UEFA. If it is possible for them then why couldn't we do it?
    It's our lawyers...
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    I actually think Bbilan now have a really good coach... Giampaolo isn't bad at all

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

13. Thanks (4): Howl, magnesium, MVD, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

As if they actually just did that
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Napoli are jinxing Sarri

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Disgusting if true. They'd essentially avoid a competition they don't even want to play - allowing them a free season to get their shit together and focus entirely on the league while avoiding the injuries and fatigue of a European campaign. As Kramerica says, it's a fucking prize, not a punishment. I would've paid good money out of my own pocket for us to have the same "CL or nothing" deal in all the banter years we finished in that abyss known as Europa League qualification.

If it happens, there's only one reason - and that's that UEFA is again caving to a morally contemptuous and blatantly corrupt club ownership, this time Elliott Management, the absolute worst of the worst hedge funds on the planet. Their influence is cancerous. Berlusconi, Yonghong Li and now Paul Singer, owned by filth, what's new for Milan eh. Milan fans, being close relatives of the inbred vegetables known as "juventus fans", should feel good about themselves that they get to cheat the system. Grande, UEFA.
    This shouldn't come as a surprise at all. If Milan had made it to CL, there is no way they would get banned. As Uni said it, this is a prize. This is just so they could concentrate and get CL next season.

I hope the fools in our management wake up, invest properly and don't worry about FFP too much. I'm tired of us acting like pussies during transfer market.

Milan started their project a few years after us and with smart investment getting better season after season. While we are busy having year 0 after year 0, they almost finished above us on the table having fucking Gattuso on the bench!

I'm not saying we should spend gizillion dollars all of sudden, just that we should show a little bit more balls.

It seems we are content with missing the trains year after year.
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

Mauritius

Probably not the right thread for this, but whatever... De Ligt is on the verge of moving to Juve where he'll earn between 15-20mln euros apparently. If he arrives (Rabiot is also strongly linked, he also has a high salary). How is this possible??? Their revenue isn't THAT high, only 11th in Europe.... Cron has 32mln per year, Higuain almost 10 (no way they'll find a buyer for him given he's shit and have a massive salary). Dybala aprox. 8mln... Ramsey also around 7-8 iirc. They'll have like the top 8-9 earners in the league next season

Malaysia

Atalanta with Muriel, Papu, Zapata, Ilicic
    damn so scary
    sorry for my bad English

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Is this when we buy Musa Barrow for €8m and never play him?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Is this when we buy Musa Barrow for €8m and never play him?
    Ah, remember when everyone was jizzing their pants about this Barrow character and he never scored ever since?
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by AvantiRagazzi View Post
    Probably not the right thread for this, but whatever... De Ligt is on the verge of moving to Juve where he'll earn between 15-20mln euros apparently. If he arrives (Rabiot is also strongly linked, he also has a high salary). How is this possible??? Their revenue isn't THAT high, only 11th in Europe.... Cron has 32mln per year, Higuain almost 10 (no way they'll find a buyer for him given he's shit and have a massive salary). Dybala aprox. 8mln... Ramsey also around 7-8 iirc. They'll have like the top 8-9 earners in the league next season
    Makes you wonder what is the exact number of cost when CL isn't worth it anymore.

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

There is a rumour that, if rubentus sign rabiot, the commissions for the agent (his mommy) will be around 10 mil euros.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    FFP has always been Ausilio and company's excuse for being incompetent.

29. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    There is a rumour that, if rubentus sign rabiot, the commissions for the agent (his mommy) will be around 10 mil euros.
    They paid 16M commission to Emre Can in 2018 ( payable in 2 years)

They decided to skip Pogba and get Rabiot & DeLigt instead ( Cancelo sale will fund DeLigt)

Paratici the king of mercato.

31. Thanks (1): MVD