Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Milan doesn't look bad right now, time to be afraid of them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Milan doesn't look bad right now, time to be afraid of them again.
    It's going to be interesting. Their midfield is now quite technical and tenacious, with a diamond of bennacer, kessie, paqueta, suso. And they still have jack B who can play anywhere, biglia @ DM, hakan, krunic who we know can all at least play football constructively and not be a disaster (think our midfield bench). Everybody said Piatek is the real deal and now he will have much more supply. So if one of leao or silva can put together a 1/2 decent season.....hmmm

Their team on paper is dangerous and if their coach is better than Gattuso (no brainer), then imo, they are actually very fucking dangerous. Only 1pt less than us last season.

For me, they have enough creativity and a good attack minded coach to grind out victories against the smaller teams, which spells trouble for us in the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Ancelotti up to his positional changing tricks again. Converting callejon into a DM/CM. Curious to see how it works when results are on the line but he's consistently put callejon there all pre-season.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    don't judge til you see it....he's not bad at all.
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Yup, Milan definitely look much stronger on paper than last season. And they've got a coach who I really rate - he's not just an upgrade over Gattuso.

We on the other hand have a weaker squad than last season (at least as of now). Let's not forget that bbilan finished just one point behind us last season. I would say they have good chances of finishing above us this season if we don't get shit done in the coming 3 weeks.

On a positive note, apart from the first 20 to 25 minutes, we managed to more or less control the tempo of the game with an average squad and a 17 yo CF. That too against Tottenham who fielded a good starting 11. Props to Conte for pulling that off.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    It depends how Gaimpaolo will handle the pressure when first breakdown comes. He had a quite poor ending of last season at Spam. If he repeats this at Milan will get kicked his ass out of the club.

9. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    ALL OF THEM

Great Britain

Forget about AC Milan. They were below us last season. The only way for us to progress is to look at who finished higher. Will we catch them up this time ?. I am certain we will be nearer to the top team(Juve). Not quite so confident we will win it. So basically i reckon we are going to be 2nd. Yes i am discounting Napoli, Atalanta, Roma and defo AC.

11. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I find your optimism irrational.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

13. Thanks (4): Anne Marie, GenDire, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

As of now, next to us, AC Milan had one of the better mercatos. I think we have everything to be better than them, but if a Xmas fall happens yet AGAIN, AC Milan are the ones to be afraid of.
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Too early to judge the overall mercato as teams still operate.

But I think it's safe to say that Juventus and Napoli are still the top 2 teams. We did not reduce the gap so far. Hopefully we do, but it is not very likely as of now.

Milan is doing their best to challenge the 4th spot.
    Atalanta is a mystery. If they manage to replicate their form, it's another CL year for them. Big if.
    Lazio and Fiorentina don't seem to know what they are doing.
    Roma is trying to do the bare minimum for the 4th spot.

Now we have no real direction other than "improve". There are no goals to win anything this season. So the bare minimum is 3rd spot. Unfortunately, that's exactly where we left August last year as well. And it didn't work out as we almost failed in obtaining the CL spot.

Feels like Napoli could challenge Juventus and then if we do not fuck up, we get 3rd spot. If we do fuck up, there's a danger that 2 of Milan, Atalanta and Roma can overcome us.

I consider Fiorentina the dark horse for this season. They are bound for one good season after a long while. They were in a great spot under the Della Valle until they stopped caring.
    Also expect Cagliari to make it to the top 10 and wouldn't be surprised if Udinese recovers, but I'm giving them a 2 year period to return to top 10 spots.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

16. Thanks (1): clwinterfan

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Zenit troll Roma in Malcom video
    By Football Italia staff

Zenit St Petersburg trolled Roma during their presentation of new purchase Malcom, including their 24 hours in his career highlights.

The Brazilian completed his transfer to Zenit today for €45m, signing a six-year contract.

He was announced with the traditional video clip of career highlights, which bizarrely included a ‘spell’ at Roma.

This is because a year ago, the Giallorossi had sealed a deal for the midfielder and waited for him at the airport, only to find out he’d changed flights and gone to Barcelona instead.

It was marked in the Zenit clip as: ‘Roma 22-23.07.2018’

Malcom started just six Liga games since his €41m transfer from Bordeaux.
    I wonder if he came out later on with apologize to roma fans for being cunt like that
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Would anyone sign for Napoli winning Scudetto 2020? I do. I'd rather Juve losingr rather than take the chance of MAYBE Inter winning above Juve. And i don't like Napoli either.

20. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Thing is with Juve is that they get to play with an arrogance against smaller teams that us and Napoli just haven't earned (paid for) yet. I think this year they'll lose more games against the "top 6" (Napoli, Lazio, Inter, Roma, Milan, Torino/Atalanta) than ever before but it probably still won't be enough to dislodge their hold on the scudetto.

I think Ancelotti will most certainly try though, and will do better than last year.

From us, I'm expecting a Coppa Italia.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    Would anyone sign for Napoli winning Scudetto 2020? I do. I'd rather Juve losingr rather than take the chance of MAYBE Inter winning above Juve. And i don't like Napoli either.
    Really depends on how our mercato ends if we do get SMS and dybala the i would not sign for such a thing. If our mercato is done now or we just get some subs then by all means let napoli win it cause we wont have a chance.

That being said i still hope/think that sarri is a terrible fit for Jube and it s stars so they might fuck up more than we expect them to fuck up.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    ALL OF THEM

Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Too early to judge the overall mercato as teams still operate.

But I think it's safe to say that Juventus and Napoli are still the top 2 teams. We did not reduce the gap so far. Hopefully we do, but it is not very likely as of now.

Milan is doing their best to challenge the 4th spot.
    Atalanta is a mystery. If they manage to replicate their form, it's another CL year for them. Big if.
    Lazio and Fiorentina don't seem to know what they are doing.
    Roma is trying to do the bare minimum for the 4th spot.

Now we have no real direction other than "improve". There are no goals to win anything this season. So the bare minimum is 3rd spot. Unfortunately, that's exactly where we left August last year as well. And it didn't work out as we almost failed in obtaining the CL spot.

Feels like Napoli could challenge Juventus and then if we do not fuck up, we get 3rd spot. If we do fuck up, there's a danger that 2 of Milan, Atalanta and Roma can overcome us.

I consider Fiorentina the dark horse for this season. They are bound for one good season after a long while. They were in a great spot under the Della Valle until they stopped caring.
    Also expect Cagliari to make it to the top 10 and wouldn't be surprised if Udinese recovers, but I'm giving them a 2 year period to return to top 10 spots.
    I agree re Fiorentina. They are 2 signings away from really pushing for the top 4. Yet if they lose their better 2 players through injury or whatever they could be down quite a lot of places. I have never had a problem with them tbh, I think it is because they ALWAYS have a smart home shirt. Atalanta i am not sure. I mean how are they gonna cope a/ in the CL as a competition. and b/ coping with league games the following weekend. It is a really big competition and they are not up to it. Suppose they have nothing to lose. Neutrals from everywhere will want them to do well. Cannot wait for Serie A to start.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    juve totally dominating atletico right now. Looking a little closer to "sarri-ball", but still a bit to go. Significantly better than earlier pre-season outings though.

Rabiot has trimmed up a bit fitness wise. Douglas costa killing it.

26. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Kaka jr scores

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    and as i say that, joao felix

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Ronaldoooo to the sky again ahahah

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    and as i say that, joao felix
    Now you know what you should do during derby d'Italia
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

33. Thanks (1): MVD