Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1247

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Netherlands

If we don't have UCL qualification virtually locked up by the end of April, something has gone terribly wrong.

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

Nainggolan did nothing.

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Unless atalanta doesn't do a major bottle job I think top 4 is pretty much cemented, everyone else is just not good enough.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by surripere View Post
    Nainggolan did nothing.
    It was his first start back from injury.

(Opened that can of worms nicely)
    david mcgoldrick

5. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

At this moment I'm just as afraid of Atalanta as I am of Juve and Napoli. Seems Atalanta will def. even miss out on Europa League and after that they'll cruise through Serie A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Macedonia

Seems like we beat a strong opponent in Cagliari and at their ground too.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well Cagliari sucked today, and Roma sucked even more. We shouldn't make a meal out of the return leg at home.

*but it will happen in Jan*
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Well Cagliari sucked today, and Roma sucked even more. We shouldn't make a meal out of the return leg at home.

*but it will happen in Jan*
    Sure the game was dreadful overall, but their results this season are decent.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Napoli don't looking imressive at all against Torino.
    Verdi is awful player. I'm happy that we avoided that bullet.

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk

11. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Napoli match ended up in a draw. Serie A desperately needs an Inter win tonight. I would say the same no matter what team i supported. If Juve win tonight the title race will be practically over and we're still in October.

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Sounds like both Giampaolo and EDF could get the sack any second now.

I thought EDF deserved more time at Roma but whatever.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

15. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Napoli match ended up in a draw. Serie A desperately needs an Inter win tonight. I would say the same no matter what team i supported. If Juve win tonight the title race will be practically over and we're still in October.
    It's not like it would be over if we won, with 5 pts more or if we lost with 1 pt less... With proper reinforcements in January giving them a run for their money is still doable, as long as we don't have a major injury crisis.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Rumours of Spalletti taking charge at Milan. IMO that will be a good move for Milan. Spalletti has the experience and quality to get the best out of their squad, and get them challenging for top 4 pretty quick, like he did at Inter. I was trying to see if the Milan squad can fit into a 4-2-3-1, and I think it can work:

Piatek/Leao
    Rebic/Bonaventura - Paqueta/Hakan - Suso/Castellijo
    Bennacer/Biglia - Kessie/Krunic
    Theo/Rodriguez - Romagnoli/Duarte - Mussachio/Caldara - Calabria/Conti
    Donnarumma/Reina

If Spalletti can get Leao to play on the wing with Rebic on the other side, they could have a dangerous starting XI. The ingredients are there, and with a couple of experienced buys in January, someone like Spalletti can transform this Milan.

On a positive note, this would mean we are free of Spalletti's wages. And maybe have a buyer for Nainggolan as well.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    It's not like it would be over if we won, with 5 pts more or if we lost with 1 pt less... With proper reinforcements in January giving them a run for their money is still doable, as long as we don't have a major injury crisis.
    Of course not. But we would just make things a bit tougher for them. I don't trust us to maintain our good form from first matches and be a Scudetto contender. We only have 3 good midfielders and we're extremely dependent on them. We're only an injury or a suspension away from starting Vecino/Gagliardini. Only Sanchez makes me a bit confident for our season. I also don't expect anything significant in January transfer window. I am afraid this is gonna be another easy Scudetto for Juve but i hope i am wrong.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

While I am greatful Spalletti brought us back to CL, his 2 year stay at Inter hasnít exactly been convincing. Yes, we had some good games here and there, also some great ones but most of the time, especially in the second season he was absolutely clueless. If he doesnít work on his his approach to games he wonít get far with crossing the ball into the middle as the only gameplan. Not with Suso and whoever will play on the other side.

Piatek is no Icardi, Suso is probs a tad more talented than Politano but lacks the physical attributes to be a good winger (pace, stamina). Our biggest strength was definitely our defence and while I rate Romagnoli, Musacchio just straight up sucks. Not too keen on the wing backs either.
    CL is probably out of reach anyway, Atalanta will hopefully take the 4th place, and if Lazio or Roma somehow get their shit together itís looking quite dark for Milan in all honesty.
    I did it all for the nookie

22. Thanks (2): firmino, MVD

Italy

Of course not. But we would just make things a bit tougher for them. I don't trust us to maintain our good form from first matches and be a Scudetto contender. We only have 3 good midfielders and we're extremely dependent on them. We're only an injury or a suspension away from starting Vecino/Gagliardini. Only Sanchez makes me a bit confident for our season. I also don't expect anything significant in January transfer window. I am afraid this is gonna be another easy Scudetto for Juve but i hope i am wrong.
    I have hopes for January: beside saving on spalletti's wages, it is more likely that we get at least 20 mil for gabigol. There might be some margin for an investment.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Speaking of Spalletti: according to Gazzetta, he said yes to milan.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

26. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Serbia

I wouldn't and won't hold it against him, especially because it means we won't be paying his wages.
    At the same time, from his perspective, that would be one dumb ass move.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Di Francesco has been officially fired by Sampdoria. Beppe Iachini is the favourite to replace him.

30. Thanks (4): ADRossi, I4E, MVD, thatdude

Netherlands

Di Francesco has been officially fired by Sampdoria. Beppe Iachini is the favourite to replace him.
    god forbid a mid-table club avoid hiring a retread

32. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD