Page 164 of 179 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3563

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Fav. Player
    FCIM1908

Bulgaria

We all know which option they are gonna choose...
    non mollare mai

2. Thanks (1): Howl

Canada

In all honesty, I wouldn't even want to be in a playoff
    I dont want to say it would be 'undeserved' but I'd say we'd be pretty lucky to get a chance like that given the current table.

Unassigned Scudetto would really be my preference if the season can't continue as it would also be hard on Lazio to not get a chance to compete given their current form.

The issue becomes what to do with relegated teams.

4. Thanks (1): Pajo

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

To be fair, play off should be between Lazio and Juve. I dont even wanna be in a playoff where weíd once again fuck up, an undeserved chance that will only fuck us up. Let us just qualify for Champions League peacefully.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    All in favour of a play off for the scudetto, we werenít winning it anyway so it gives us a shot we never had!
    We would probably finish last as we have been pathetic against the top teams of the league.

2 games vs Juventus: 2 losses

2 games against Lazio: 1 home win and 1 away loss

1 game against Atalanta: 1 home draw

4 points out of possible 15
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

7. Thanks (3): MVD, Universe, Wings

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I think the most fair and entertaining way to do this is to have a mini league for the Scudetto, but starting with handicaps. Realistically, only the top 3 teams have any chance of winning the scudetto, so I would have a mini league between these 3. Which means each team plays 4 games. The fairest way to decide the handicaps is by the following formula:

Handicap = - (Points Gap with top team)*(4 games)/(number of remaining games currently)

The logic behind the formula is that we calculate the points a team needs to gain per game over the top team and multiply that with the number of games of the mini league. So the starting table with handicaps will be:

Juve: 0 points
    Lazio: -0.3 points
    Inter: -2.8 points

The problem with the above is that it will still take 6 matchdays, and because of odd teams the schedule will play a very big role. So maybe we should do a mini league with the top 4 teams. This is also fair because this could determine the order of the top 4 who have "already qualified" for the CL. So the formula becomes:

Handicap = - (Points Gap with top team)*(6 games)/(number of remaining games currently)

Juve: 0 points
    Lazio: -0.5 points
    Inter: -4.2 points
    Atalanta: -6.9 points

In this format, Atalanta have little chance to win the Scudetto (which is a fair reflection of reality) and there are still only 6 match days, but at least now every team plays every matchday so the schedule will be more fair.

Yeah, I am bored with a lot of time in my hands, I know.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Fuck mini leagues, we're just going to cut points off of the team that'd beat Juventus to the league.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Fuck mini leagues, we're just going to cut points off of the team that'd beat Juventus to the league.
    You're talking like we're 19 points away from 1st, not 9 with a game in hand... I sincerely hope our players aren't as mentally weak, although considering the last couple of games we fully deserve each other - fans and players.

It aint over till it's fucking over.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

If the league will be played, fine. But if the decision is hand it to Juventus for no fucking reason or have a playoff, then it should be between Juventus and Lazio.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    If the league will be played, fine. But if the decision is hand it to Juventus for no fucking reason or have a playoff, then it should be between Juventus and Lazio.
    I'd even include Atalanta in the Scudetto race ffs if it's up to playoffs. Statistically speaking, the more teams in contention the better the chances Juve fuck up.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I'd even include Atalanta in the Scudetto race ffs if it's up to playoffs. Statistically speaking, the more teams in contention the better the chances Juve fuck up.
    Also statistically speaking, with the way we play against Juventus this year we're gifting them 6 points and we're very likely to hand them the Scudetto since we'll beat some other contender whilst we eliminate ourselves from the race. Hence my initial post.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Play offs for me involve more than 2 teams. If itís just between Lazio and jube then itís a final.

If anything, Iíd want Atalanta involved too. Purely just to fuck over jube after agnelliís comments about them.

Jube v atalanta
    Lazio v Inter

Winner v winner sound fair (with a Lazio v atalanta final )

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Thats what I thought exactly. All 4 are quaranteed CL too.

1st vs 4th
    2nd vs 3rd

Relegation more difficult since 3 will go down.

18. Thanks (2): MVD, William

Fav. Player
    recoba

England

What would happen to the teams that are trying to get a cl spot?

20. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    What would happen to the teams that are trying to get a cl spot?
    Well if a play off for the scudetto was between the top 4 teams as it stands then tough titties to the rest of them I suppose.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Rube vs Atalanta. I know 1 unibrow man in Torino who will shake like a young tree near a tornado when that happens.

Leaving the season unassigned is the most reasonable choice I suppose If they really want to cancel it.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Not assigning the Scudetto would be the best option for us as there is no way we can win in a playoff. Since Juve are most likely to win the Scudetto, not assigning would piss them off and prevents them from getting an almost sure Scudetto.

Although with the power Juve have over FIGC, there is no way the Scudetto is going to end up not assigned.
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

Canada

You just know that if it's a playoff Inter would manage to take points off of Atalanta and Lazio which would result in Juve winning that playoff.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    play off and mini-league arent the same thing

i think what is being proposed is a play off - as in equivalent to CL semifinals, two head to head matches, then winner of each side goes head to head in a one off match to win the league.

a mini league is one where each team would play each other 2x

27. Thanks (4): Kev9Inter, nurko, thatdude, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    play off and mini-league arent the same thing

i think what is being proposed is a play off - as in equivalent to CL semifinals, two head to head matches, then winner of each side goes head to head in a one off match to win the league.

a mini league is one where each team would play each other 2x
    Wherever they use play-off system to decide the champion, it's basically a mini league where the teams play each other twice, not ko games between them (e.g. Belgium). I don't know if FIGC want to implement it differently but that's how play-off system works.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

The only fair way to do things at this point if the rest of the season were to be cancelled is to play the Juve vs. Lazio game in Turin and whatever the outcome of that game decides who wins the league. If Lazio could go there and win, they've earned it.

But it should only be those two. We don't deserve a chance at the Scudetto as things currently stand. Too far back, too poor our performances against the top two teams.

31. Thanks (1): n4l