Page 172 of 200 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3981

Thread: Italian Serie A 2019/2020

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Yeah, even if we're talking absolute best case scenario for competitive games to return on May 27, that's still, what, almost three months since the last competitive game? There's usually three months between the end of one season and the beginning of the next (to wit, our last game in 2018-'19 was on May 26, and our first game of 2019-'20 was on August 26). The beginning of a new season usually has 3-4 weeks of training and exhibition games preceding it. So it's definitely not as simple as "return on May 27"; you need to give these guys a chance to get re-acquainted and get some stamina built up. I'm sure they've done some training on their own, but it's not the same thing as doing the training as a team with the entire support staff on hand.

2. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Canada

Yup and from what I understand even if they do return to training March 4th, it will not be full training but rather them working in individual groups and following certain restrictions, so I'm not sure how game ready all these guys will be.

4. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Standards, operations and circumstances are obviously different all over the world but here in Aus, we've gone from having approx 100 new cases per day to less than 50 per day. In total there are 6570 cases and 69 deaths. Obviously Aus is incomparable to Italy but my point is that even with such low numbers, all sports are cancelled for the time being due to the logistical risk.

Italy has "improved" recently but there are still over 3000 new cases per day not to mention over 500 deaths every single day. I don't see how football can begin any time soon at all. The threat is not even close to being contained, the risk is still colossal and will be for many weeks to come.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

6. Thanks (3): CoolMan44, K.I., MVD

Canada

Yup that's what I'm wondering too. Obviously numbers are decreasing compared to the peak but it's not as if we are at low numbers - there are still essentially over 3,000 deaths every single week in Italy and 15,000 cases on average.. and I wonder what would happen if a player gets infected again. They'd have to shut down the league again without question.

8. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Bergomi: 'Five subs an advantage for Juve'
    By Football Italia staff

Former Inter hero Giuseppe Bergomi has claimed Juventus will have an advantage over Lazio if Serie A allows five substitutions in the games.

Serie A has been studying the paths of recovery after the stop due to coronavirus and among the hypotheses there have been suggestions of allowing the teams to make five changes during matches, as opposed to the normal three substitutes in the normal system.

Former Inter defender Bergomi has claimed it would give the Bianconeri an advantage in the Scudetto race due to their depth in the squad, as they sit currently sit one point above Lazio in the table.

“Lazio had a great season, also because [coach Simone] Inzaghi managed to recover the games they started poorly through his three changes,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “[Felipe] Caicedo and the two wingers were the fixed changes and bore fruits.

“With a five-change reform, I feel they are the ones penalised. Those who will benefit from it are teams like Juventus and Roma, who have many players to introduce during the match.”
    Beppe has a point. However even if they restart with 3 subs as usual, that congested calendar will give an advantage to squads which are deeper in quality, ie Juve. With the way COVID-19 in unfolding, I still don't see any way they can complete this season with all the remaining games. IMO a KO format is all that is possible now for this season, so I can see the CL getting completed later in the summer (that whole tournament can be done within 10 days in one neutral location). A league with over 100 games remaining, no chance. Even with 2 games a week, it will take 6-7 weeks to complete, and unless they plan to postpone the next season, I don't see it.

10. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Unless a Vaccine is made soon, I just don't see how the season can be concluded in the standard league format, especially with the EUFA competitions too. If one player gets the virus, everything gets fucked. I don't know whether anyone will agree with a KO format, especially as it gives teams that weren't in the title race or even close, a chance to now win the league. Won't surprise me if they just end the season with no winner or give it to juve.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

12. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

But that's the plan. Playing regular behind closed doors the remaining games. The season will probably end at September.

As i already said, it's the right decision. If we don't end this season then i also don't see a reason why the next season should start. There will be no vaccine in this year.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Unless a Vaccine is made soon, I just don't see how the season can be concluded in the standard league format, especially with the EUFA competitions too. If one player gets the virus, everything gets fucked. I don't know whether anyone will agree with a KO format, especially as it gives teams that weren't in the title race or even close, a chance to now win the league. Won't surprise me if they just end the season with no winner or give it to juve.
    With a KO, how do they decide who makes it to Europe etc? I wouldn't want to risk our CL slot for some KO mode

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    With a KO, how do they decide who makes it to Europe etc? I wouldn't want to risk our CL slot for some KO mode
    Exactly it makes it all too complicated. Besides the only teams that were in title contention were clearly juve and Lazio, with us starting to fade. Imagine if they allow the top 16 in the table to compete and Milan somehow win it . My guess with CL spots would be everyone who makes it the Semi's, so basically the top 4 teams that advanced furthest.

This is obviously all speculation though, I highly doubt it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    But that's the plan. Playing regular behind closed doors the remaining games. The season will probably end at September.

As i already said, it's the right decision. If we don't end this season then i also don't see a reason why the next season should start. There will be no vaccine in this year.
    I think there will be too many delays. When or if the season finally restarts, the moment 1 player tests for Covid, then that entire squad probably goes into isolation, which will cause further delay. Everything is all fucked.
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Italy will soon announce new, softer measures, starting from the 4th of May.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The clubs agreed unanimously to proceed with the season. That is the position they will discuss with the federation and government.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Serie A clubs will find a way to restart the league, because they just can't give up on all the money from the broadcasters.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

Problem becomes if someone were to test positive again..

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

today a important meeting, maybe we will have finally a decision.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Canada

What's the meeting?

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Problem becomes if someone were to test positive again..
    Or if the CL seat is gone.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Atalanta's Sportiello is STILL positive 32 days after his first swab. He is however in good condition.

Man, this virus means business.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Provisional end date for the season is now 2nd August.

Just start again in September man.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

33. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

When is the final decision expected to be made on whether training will resume May 4th. And by that I mean government decision as that'd what the FA will be waiting for I assume.

35. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Usually I need 2 months to recover from a season before the new one starts. What's going to happen transfer market, will players be moving and changing during the games etc? Will it not be roasting playing in Italy through that time?

37. Thanks (1): MVD