View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

0 0%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

1 3.70%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

18 66.67%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

2 7.41%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

2 7.41%
  • 5 - Completely average player

2 7.41%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 7.41%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Diego Godin

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    They did try to attack from his side but it was futile with the exception of that Brozo fuck up in the second goal.

We were attacked from the other side because Hakimi is more of a threat than that Schultz guy and Biraghi was way off.
    When Lazaro came in they also attacked more on that side with Brandt in particular.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF

United States

Thought he had a fantastic 2nd half tonight. Looked more mobile then usual

5. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Anne Marie, MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

I love how Biraghi is in front of them while being actually one of the worst yesterday.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Really excellent last night, when we looked in distress I thought he was the one to pull us out of it it. This and the derby have been his best performances, it sucks that we only got him at 32 as his levels have been fluctuating.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Eh... good performance, somewhat ruined for me by him saying that he is satisfied with the draw. This guy is supposed to have the strongest desire to win among our squad, that's why we got him above all else, even his football skills, regardless of their state.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

For me, he's been a flop so far. Such a player just can't be shaky, even for a limited time in a game. Against Roma he did some wonderful runs, interceptions and passes but at the beginning of the game he wasn't playing anything like a top experienced CB... This added to what dax said, meh. I'm disappointed.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    He said that? I'll pretend that never happened He's probably just playing the old wisehead, trying to calm things down.

Great performance today. Defensively impeccable and surged forward plenty of times to try help our wretched offense too.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    He said that? I'll pretend that never happened He's probably just playing the old wisehead, trying to calm things down.

Great performance today. Defensively impeccable and surged forward plenty of times to try help our wretched offense too.
    He clearly didn't get the memo:

Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

14. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

I wouldnt call him a flop, but I still prefet Bastoni.
    Forza Inter

16. Thanks (3): firmino, MVD, rfU

Serbia

No posts here since the match?
    No one wants to comment on that first Barca goal?

Bastoni - DeVrij - Skriniar until the end of the season, please.

18. Thanks (4): Ffi201zi002tlis, Maicon, MVD, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Probably the one who disappoints me the most this season. I knew he is on decline, i knew he will be inconsistent, but i expected him to bring some winning mentality, stability in the defense, and help the likes of Skriniar get even better.

I'll just quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    Exactly. I talked about this when we were first linked to Godin, Godin - Skriniar - De Vrij simply WONT work. We need great attacking fullbacks for that, and we need different type of defenders. All those three are too similar (perfect for the CB role but not is RCB and deffo not LCB).
    Lol those that are thrilled havent seen Atleti play on regular basis for ages.

Godin is just a shadow of his former self. Last season he was one of Atleticos worst players, this season even more. He is rapidly declining being directly at dault for most conceded goals of Atletico, and wont get better. And he is 33. People remember him when he was de facto one of the best CBs in the world few years ago. If not the best.

He is OK transfer on bosman to be our 3rd CB, but i doubt he will accept the bench. He will also want lots of money, considering he is 3rd best payed player at Atleti, just after Griezmann and Koke. He earns 8m NET atm. I doubt he would come for much less.

That beinf said, he is still solid, and its not a bad transfer. But nothing to be thrilled about either.
    They dont play with 1 striker, not for like 6 years. We alteady talked about it, your opinion is based on Cholos first half year at Atleti and in argenrina. "Never" might be harsh tho, its more like rarely

As for Godin. Still the same player? A rock? The guy constantly keep losing players, and even started making bad decisions lately. Is slower than he was (granted he never was fast). I know its not up to him only, its Savic whos even worse, and Godin has to cover for him. He is at his best when paired with Gimenez who is the best CB atletico has at this moment. Most Atletico fans want to keep Godin, but as bench player, and want savic sold. Atletico is desperate for new CB, and are actively seeking for one. Godins best run of games in the last two years was for Uruguay at the world cup.

He is still solid player and would make great third CB, but he is definitely not the same player he was 2 years ago. And is declining.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

20. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We gave him a 3 year contract? on that salary? what a fucking joke. Flop of the season, vs expectations for me.

Greece

The problem is not Godin. Or Skriniar. It's the system.

Our defenders are incapable of that 3 man defensive setup bar De Vrij who can only excel in the middle.

Conte uomo di merda

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

I wrote in the WhatsApp group that he was very poor there. It was amateurish, being schooled like that pretty much speaks for itself.

You would think getting him on a free would be quite the deal, but no, it wasn't, especially when we consider the wages.

And it tastes even more bitter when you consider matches like yesterday's are the ones where he was supposed to make the difference, with his international experience.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

25. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

Our defenders are incapable of that 3 man defensive setup bar De Vrij who can only excel in the middle.
    Yep, it's Conte's system's fault that Godin lost his marker last night like a rookie.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

That has it's share, but individually Godin is half the player he used to be. System doesnt make you better or worse in one on one, or in man marking. It's the player.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

29. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Yep, it's Conte's system's fault that Godin lost his marker last night like a rookie.
    Godin lost to Vidal, the rookie made a crazy run that no one stopped.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

I've enjoyed his performances so far.

32. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I read this morning that he has asked Inter to terminate his contract so he can return to Atletico Madrid.

Quite frankly, if he does not want to be here and feels that he is not an ideal fit for Conte's system then we should fuck him off.

34. Thanks (2): Linege, Pajo