View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

0 0%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

1 3.70%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

18 66.67%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

2 7.41%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

2 7.41%
  • 5 - Completely average player

2 7.41%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 7.41%
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Diego Godin

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post
    No, we prefer soon-to-be 35 year-olds like Kolarov

If you’re a Conte fan, fine. If you’re a fan of the current situation or what seems to be the ongoing and future transfer strategy, fine.

But stop trying to fool yourself into believing that there’s any consistency or common thread in terms of who we buy or sell. There’s very little coherence. It seems to be saving on the wages on one (Godin) expensive player who isn’t preferred in the current system, so you can buy two players (Kolarov and Darmian) whom the coach prefers and who might fit the system, who in total are just as expensive.
    That’s all there is to it.
    I agree with you completely. I don't enjoy us getting 34-35 yrs old players. You do need experience in the squad tho.
    I was just calling out some hypocrites on this forum who like/dislike a transfer, based on the narrative to hate certain coach or a management. Absolutely nothing to do with the transfer itself.
    Since you used Kolarov, when we signed him, people were bitching "WTF WE SIGNING OLD PLAYERS FOR HIGH WAGES", and now we letting Godin go, still bitching "WHY THE FUCK WE LETTING GODIN GO, THIS DONT MAKE SENSE".

2. Thanks (6): DARi0, forzainter257, Lui, MVD, varmin, wera

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Conte's got that Trump aura lol
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

4. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, n4l

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I think people are just frustrated with the idea of replacing Godin for Darmian. If we get someone like Kumbulla instead, I don't think anybody will complain.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    I think people are just frustrated with the idea of replacing Godin for Darmian. If we get someone like Kumbulla instead, I don't think anybody will complain.
    So you saying we should wait and see before we bitch

7. Thanks (3): brakbrak, Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

It's pretty clear that with the loss of Godin, Inter favours Skriniar as starting RCB, with d'ambrosio as his primary back up. If we get darmian, he would be a replacement for ranocchia, only more versatile.

9. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

Of course we favor Skriniar, its just the nutcases here that think Godin was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

11. Thanks (2): Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Godin did perform better in the last few games, but skriniar is just too valuable.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

Sky - Inter are counting on closing Diego Godin's transfer to Cagliari tomorrow.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    It's pretty clear that with the loss of Godin, Inter favours Skriniar as starting RCB, with d'ambrosio as his primary back up. If we get darmian, he would be a replacement for ranocchia, only more versatile.
    That doesn’t make sense because Ranocchia plays exclusively as the middle of 3 CB’s.

It’s a position that hides his weaknesses like his lack of pace and clumsiness, while making good use of his height, heading ability and calmness on the ball. As I mentioned before, he’s also matured with age and has learned how to avoid putting himself in dangerous situations by committing smart fouls.

It’s the perfect role for him really, backup to de Vrij in the center of defense. Sure he mainly played against shitters but he’s he never looked so competent. Makes it all the more senseless to replace him now that we’ve finally found a role for him and one where he actually performs well when called upon.

On the other hand Darmian has been a full back his entire miserable career - not even one known for being particularly good defensively. He could, at a stretch, play as the wide CB in a 3 CB system, but as a Ranocchia / de Vrij replacement in the center? No way.

I keep seeing this notion of Darmian replacing Ranocchia but tactically it makes no sense to me. Maybe I’m nitpicking over the way it’s worded, but the only way Darmian “replaces Ranocchia” is if Darmian forces Skriniar from being a Godin back up on the right to being a de Vrij backup in the middle.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Thats what will likely happen. Darmian will never play in de Vrij's position. He's the 3rd option on left and right sides. If it comes to it, Bastoni, Skriniar would cover CB... I'd put fucking brozovic at CB before Darmian.

God help us all if Darmian ever plays for De Vrij.

16. Thanks (1): Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

Why can’t you guys enjoy the summer and let the transfers work themselves out and in the end we can argue? Calm down little bit. Chill.
    We’ll have plenty to be stressed about during the season, so at least we can use this time to calm down little bit before a stressful inter season like always.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Why can’t you guys enjoy the summer and let the transfers work themselves out and in the end we can argue? Calm down little bit. Chill.
    We’ll have plenty to be stressed about during the season, so at least we can use this time to calm down little bit before a stressful inter season like always.
    If you don't like the heat then you could just come back after the silly season is over. I mean, this is a forum about Inter

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn’t make sense because Ranocchia plays exclusively as the middle of 3 CB’s.

It’s a position that hides his weaknesses like his lack of pace and clumsiness, while making good use of his height, heading ability and calmness on the ball. As I mentioned before, he’s also matured with age and has learned how to avoid putting himself in dangerous situations by committing smart fouls.

It’s the perfect role for him really, backup to de Vrij in the center of defense. Sure he mainly played against shitters but he’s he never looked so competent. Makes it all the more senseless to replace him now that we’ve finally found a role for him and one where he actually performs well when called upon.

On the other hand Darmian has been a full back his entire miserable career - not even one known for being particularly good defensively. He could, at a stretch, play as the wide CB in a 3 CB system, but as a Ranocchia / de Vrij replacement in the center? No way.

I keep seeing this notion of Darmian replacing Ranocchia but tactically it makes no sense to me. Maybe I’m nitpicking over the way it’s worded, but the only way Darmian “replaces Ranocchia” is if Darmian forces Skriniar from being a Godin back up on the right to being a de Vrij backup in the middle.
    This is also why de Vrij looks much better than he is at defending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

19. Thanks (3): eduzee, Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    practically, i wouldnt be surprised if we get to a position where either skriniar or bastoni are replacements for de vrij. If you have Kolarov, Dambro and Darmian, they can take RCB/LCB, so Bastoni or Skriniar move inside if needed

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    If this guy is gone, we need a proper replacement and that replacement can't be Darmian. Injuries and suspensions happen during a season. We can't go to a CL match or a derby with freaking Darmian as one of the defenders.
    #SAVESKRINIAR

#CONTEOUT

22. Thanks (4): Glass box, Howl, MVD, n4l

Japan

He's old and expensive, but replacing him with Darmian is such a huge letdown

24. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Why can't they fucking finish this thing?

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Inability to finish seems the recurring theme of this mercato. I certainly wouldn't know what that's like.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

27. Thanks (5): CafeCordoba, GenDire, Howl, n4l, wera

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Inability to finish seems the recurring theme of this mercato. I certainly wouldn't know what that's like.
    You suffer from inability to commence?
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

29. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Why can't they fucking finish this thing?
    Because Cagliari can only offer up to 3m wages to him so we need to give him a severance pay.
    #SAVESKRINIAR

#CONTEOUT

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

Fuck it. the whole idea of letting him go is to save money. If we need to pay for him to go, better just keep him.

33. Thanks (1): MVD