View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

1 2.04%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

0 0%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

5 10.20%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

12 24.49%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

16 32.65%
  • 5 - Completely average player

7 14.29%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

3 6.12%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

5 10.20%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2128293031

Thread: Valentino Lazaro

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    The new Joao Mario. Paid too much for hyped player, and now we cannot offload him. Loan after loan, till his contract ends. And we didnt even manage to offload Joao Mario.
    Well, Mario cost double what Lazaro did. We'll be able to sell Lazaro next summer for close to his 12M book value, I'd guess.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    1.2M loan + 13.8M option to buy. Correct

3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lazaro was hyped?
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

5. Thanks (2): n4l, thatdude

Italy

yep

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Poor deal in my view. I've read that Borussia M also got Stefan Lainer, who is RB and most probably competition for Lazaro. I can see him back at Inter at the end of season.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

as long as it works for the books, it's fine.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

10. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Welcome back next summer.

Had some comments from Gladbach follower(s) and they consider Lainer the starting RB and don't believe Lazaro could take that spot. But RW spot is possibly one for Lazaro to steal for himself. Let's hope he sets the Bundesliga on fire out there and steals that RW spots and produces good stats.
    Lainer is pretty well secure in the RB role at Gladbach right now, yes. As for RW...that's just not gonna happen, at least not with the current squad construction. Alassane Plea is the RW and a very good one at that, so unless he ends up being sold before the window ends, Lazaro has no chance at supplanting that spot.

What Lazaro has going for him is returning to a league he's familiar with and comfortable playing in, knowing the language, and having worked with the manager before when they were both in Salzburg. That familiarity alone - know how Conte wants all these guys he's coached before? Gladbach's two current incoming transfers both played under Rose in Austria - should buy Lazaro some opportunities. So hopefully he does succeed with those chances.

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Lainer is pretty well secure in the RB role at Gladbach right now, yes. As for RW...that's just not gonna happen, at least not with the current squad construction. Alassane Plea is the RW and a very good one at that, so unless he ends up being sold before the window ends, Lazaro has no chance at supplanting that spot.

What Lazaro has going for him is returning to a league he's familiar with and comfortable playing in, knowing the language, and having worked with the manager before when they were both in Salzburg. That familiarity alone - know how Conte wants all these guys he's coached before? Gladbach's two current incoming transfers both played under Rose in Austria - should buy Lazaro some opportunities. So hopefully he does succeed with those chances.
    Wasn't Plea mostly playing as a forward last season? That's what i recall from the times i had watched Gladbach. Plea as a forward with Thuram and Herrmann or Hofmann on the wings.
    #CONTEOUT

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Wasn't Plea mostly playing as a forward last season? That's what i recall from the times i had watched Gladbach. Plea as a forward with Thuram and Herrmann or Hofmann on the wings.
    Is it possible I'm thinking of RW in a different terminology or something? In a 4-3-3, I think of the RW as being the player on the right-hand side of the attacking 3. That's Plea's role. You're right in that, in the midfield 3, Zakaria is the anchor with Hofmann on the left and Herrmann playing on the right, generally (Neuhaus also usually plays a bit more on the left but also frequently pops up in the middle of the pitch as well). If we're talking a 4-3-3 set-up, then, yeah, I do suppose there's room to try with Lazaro playing ahead of Lainer formationally and trying to combine with them in interchangeable roles, especially because Bensebaini is the more attack-minded of the two fullbacks as well, so more of the build-up and attack tends to flow down that side.

Herrmann is also kinda/sorta made of glass so opportunities could arise for Lazaro just through pure attrition alone.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Is it possible I'm thinking of RW in a different terminology or something? In a 4-3-3, I think of the RW as being the player on the right-hand side of the attacking 3. That's Plea's role. You're right in that, in the midfield 3, Zakaria is the anchor with Hofmann on the left and Herrmann playing on the right, generally (Neuhaus also usually plays a bit more on the left but also frequently pops up in the middle of the pitch as well). If we're talking a 4-3-3 set-up, then, yeah, I do suppose there's room to try with Lazaro playing ahead of Lainer formationally and trying to combine with them in interchangeable roles, especially because Bensebaini is the more attack-minded of the two fullbacks as well, so more of the build-up and attack tends to flow down that side.

Herrmann is also kinda/sorta made of glass so opportunities could arise for Lazaro just through pure attrition alone.
    No. You don't think it differently. When we talk about rw I have in mind the guy who plays on the right side of attack in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. In the games I had watched I remember Gladbach playing 4-2-3-1 with Zakaria-Neuhaus in the middle and Herrmann-Stindl-Thuram behind Plea. You have obviously watched Gladbach games a lot more than me so I don't insist.
    #CONTEOUT

17. Thanks (2): Kramerica Industries, MVD

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

Already injured after 30 min in a friendly... great start

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Pulled hamstring. Out for some weeks, maybe two months.

Source: https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussbal...ochenlang-out/

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergpavian View Post
    Pulled hamstring. Out for some weeks, maybe two months.

Source: https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussbal...ochenlang-out/
    More time for the hair-dresser!

He just did not want to compete against us.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

As if the last couple of weeks haven't been bad enough, look at this. Just fucking look at this. Incredible.

https://twitter.com/InterFRAMedia/st...268024832?s=20
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    As if the last couple of weeks haven't been bad enough, look at this. Just fucking look at this. Incredible.

Jonathan esque

24. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

I read his name, I look at his position but I can't remember this guy. Did he ever play a game for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    We're getting to experience Conte's second season at Chelsea without reaping the benefits of his first

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zidane,12,23

Hong Kong

He was subbed in a few times. And shit his pants one too many times

28. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Man if I scored a goal like that I wouldn't feel any motivation in life anymore. Like getting Scarlett Johanson's number but never sleeping with her. I would be content with that because I'm a loser.

30. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD