View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

1 2.04%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

0 0%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

5 10.20%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

12 24.49%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

16 32.65%
  • 5 - Completely average player

7 14.29%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

3 6.12%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

5 10.20%
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentino Lazaro

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I think Lazaro has been respectable. The flaws in his defensive game are obvious to see and there are times when he lacks composure but he also knows how to attack, challenge his direct opponent and he is pretty good at delivering crosses. I thought he did quite well midweek against Cagliari and it is important to note that he is genuinely happy being a part of the squad.

Personally, I think his future would be better served staying on with us rather than gong back to the Bundesliga or anywhere else for that matter. It just seems like a waste to bring him in and then allow him to leave six months later on loan.
    Last edited by Puma; 17 Jan 20 at 03:46.

2. Thanks (5): delaurentis, Ethor, Howl, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Yep. I don't know why we can tolerate the likes of Gagliardini, Vecino, formerly Perisic etc for ages, but apparently we're so quick to give up a young, foreign player after just 6 months?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Colombia

This is one situation where the management should put their foot down and give the guy a proper chance.
    If the chance to sign a top WB like menier was there then it would be ok.... but Ashley young is just ridiculous.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think it's obvious that he isn't good enough. Might as well try to sell and recoup the money before it's too late.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Personally, I want to give him more of a chance. I mean christ we gave 2 years to Dabert who looked way more clueless imo.
    Lazaro clearly has some attacking talent with a good engine, he's just lacking in tactics and positioning. Candreva had the benefit of working with Conte in that position before so it's normal that he would have a bit of an advantage in the early days of the 3 atb system.

If we are going to loan him, I would rather we include a high redemption clause or none at all.

8. Thanks (2): Il Drago, Universe

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Giving Dalbert 2 years doesn't mean we do the same with everyone. In fact we have to learn from our mistakes, and correct them the moment we realize we made one. Dalbert was average, and giving him another 3 years won't change that. Same for Biraghi, or many others.

Regarding Lazaro, it is up to the coach/director/sporting staff to decide if he has it or not. And 6 months is a good enough time to make that call. If they feel that he doesn't have the potential, then better to cut our losses ASAP and salvage whatever we can.

In my view, Lazaro is not a fullback, and neither a top class winger, should we change our formation tomorrow. He is not a wingback as well. He may provide occasional flashes of good attacking play from a FB or WB position, but is not good enough tactically to become really good in that role.

At this age, he should have a decent number of suitors in England or Germany. Let's ship him off there.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

10. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    And 6 months is a good enough time to make that call.
    It is not. Not just for Lazaro but for any player in the world. Especially when he's coming from another league. There are many examples of good players who simply needed time to adjust to their new teams.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

12. Thanks (3): Materazzi_23, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I think Conte is 'panicking'. He thinks we have a shot at winning the league and he wants to take that shot with both hands. That means he doesn't want to wait around for the likes of Lazaro, Dimarco or Esposito. He wants 'guarantees' from experienced players like Young, Vidal and Giroud. Personally, I like the Giroud signing as a vice-Lukaku, and reinforcing midfield is a no-brainer. But for the other signings I'd tell him to eat a dick and deal with it.

The priority was midfield, and while we won't get Vidal, it's been reinforced with one of the best midfielders in the PL. The second priority was a vice Lukaku and he got his man in Giroud.

WB is a weakness no doubt, but a fucking 34 year old bum does nothing but dilute the bowl with more toilet water. The same applies for that permacrocked rube clown Spinazzola and the other shitters like Darmian. We spent a lot of money on a young, exciting, modern fullback in Lazaro. Dimarco is probably nothing special but he put in a very solid match against Cagliari and deserves another start. Work on developing the assets you have. Conte should know by now we can't acquiesce to his every request, especially with old-as-fuck expensive PL goons.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

14. Thanks (3): Materazzi_23, thatdude, Wings

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I agree that Conte wants to go for it big time. Win everything there is to win in this season. I'm not blaming him. That's his nature and now he has the platform for it. And now Marotta is providing tools for it.

Honestly it's fine to me, as long as we think Lazaro more like a long-term project, not some yet another wasted wingback. For Conte Lazaro was not ready yet to be relied on. He relies on Young he was after before. He relies on Giroud. That's the way it is. These are not long-term acquisitions but for this particular moment. Not a biggie for me.

Probably we get Lazaro back next summer and move on with him then. They just need to find a solution to the RWB situation then but nothing is set in stone in this window. I'm not worried over Lazaro.

16. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's not really fine. Unless at the end of the day it pays out. The value is not there though. We have thrown 22m and more down the toilet with this transfer in less than 5 months.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    It is not. Not just for Lazaro but for any player in the world. Especially when he's coming from another league. There are many examples of good players who simply needed time to adjust to their new teams.
    Let's just disagree on this.

A player may take time to adjust, but during that their quality and potential is clear. You do not take more than a couple of weeks in training sessions to understand if the player is going to fit in your environment with respect to tactics etc.

An analogy I can give is about hiring people for my company, and I have a lot of experience in this. The interview may paint some picture. But once joined, I know within a week if the person is going to be able to perform, fit in our culture, and all. Of course they may take time to get used to your style of working, but whether it will work or not is evident within a week.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Let's just disagree on this.

A player may take time to adjust, but during that their quality and potential is clear. You do not take more than a couple of weeks in training sessions to understand if the player is going to fit in your environment with respect to tactics etc.

An analogy I can give is about hiring people for my company, and I have a lot of experience in this. The interview may paint some picture. But once joined, I know within a week if the person is going to be able to perform, fit in our culture, and all. Of course they may take time to get used to your style of working, but whether it will work or not is evident within a week.
    Have you forgotten Borozo? Dude looked like crap for large parts of his inter career before spallo moved him.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

20. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Have you forgotten Borozo? Dude looked like crap for large parts of his inter career before spallo moved him.
    Spot on. Cancelo is another example. Klopp wasn't playing Fabinho and Robertson at Liverpool till they had adjusted to his tactics. There are many examples.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

22. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Newcastle are closing in on an 18m swoop for Inter Milan winger Valentino Lazaro.

After talks with Toon owner Mike Ashley this week, Steve Bruce has been given the green light to sign the 23-year-old Austrian international.
    It's a Daily Star but WTF?! I thought he'll go to dry loan somewhere.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

Tough call in my opinion, i was hoping he would work out. Trusting Conte on this one.

India

Hope he at least goes to a club that plays with wingbacks...

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Come on, the guy is a liability. Loan is good, we can give a guy a second chance, but there was no moment where he exceeled. There was no match where he was one of the best players. With Cancello, we saw some glimpses here and there.

I've seen Lazaro with my friend in person while on Inter-Barca game, and 5 minutes after he came on (which we both wanted btw), I've immidietly said "so now we know why he didn't start or was subbed in sooner". The guy has no positional awareness, the opponents easily make fool of him, he is loosing his marked players and in the offense he has speed and that's it. No dribbling past players, no nothing.

I'm not saying he is the second coming of Gresko, but I'm not suprised, even a little why we decided (if reports are true) to loan him out. It seems to me the guy is done at this club, but obviously there is a slight chance it's not so. Hopefully that's the case, cause it would add another blunder to our search for viable wingbacks.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

28. Thanks (2): rfU, rockball

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Exactly. The guy has skills and pace. But tactically, he is too fucking naive. And it's about time we cut our losses on him.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's about time? He's been here for six months.

31. Thanks (2): Howl, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Actually there is plenty of time. We can wait for a few years and then let him got for free.
    IO SONO INTERISTA