Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Process Improvements

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Also, no way we can officially link to inter.it without them making us change things, e.g. remove the flamer's paradise (especially 18+) moderate bad language etc. and I'd like to be able to say 'cunt' when the need arises.
    You can't see flamers paradise if you don't have an account right? Just ban anyone who signs up with the email inter@gmail.com
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

2. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I’ve thought about trying to see if some of the Facebook groups would encourage their followings to sign up for FIF. Would probably need to entice the moderator there with mod status here though.

There are some big groups though just run by random admin. I’m in one with like 8,000 people.
    I have been discouraging them, this place doesn’t need any of those fucktards tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    P.S: I'm using my phone with the current browser version and I have no issues. What exactly does a mobile version offer other than perhaps a discount of mobile data per page?
    Too much zooming in and out and when you composite a message it goes beyond the screen and you have to manually scroll along.

Maybe you have super human eye sight and requires no zooming in and out, or maybe I am just too old and canít live with native resolution without zooming in.

Basically itís a workflow problem, non optimal workflow.
    Dr. Marotta

4. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    When speaking about more options other than just thanking I was thinking along a similar line to:

26C5D9C1-9C20-4313-9DE0-A9857CED6CAB.jpg

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

That's an overkill IMO. Still feels absolutely ornamental even on a platform as diverse as Facebook. I think it was just some PC bullshit so you can't "like" a post that's about a tragedy.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

7. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I'm not sure whether we need the "fake" growth and influx of all kinds of random people, let alone giving them any power in the process. This is a recipe for disaster.

Organic growth is quite enough for a forum, I'd get the expansionism if this was a for profit webpage but it isn't. Or is it? I mean how many nosebeers and whores do you guys need?

If anything we should have a social media presence ourselves, it'll quickly gather a following of its own and in turn could lead to some new members here.
    Fair points.

I’m in banking so I think the only way to grow is through acquisition
    Last edited by thatdude; 04 Jul 19 at 01:12.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I really don't wanna be looking at crylaugh emojiis.
    david mcgoldrick

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Can we also remove the Thanks thing while we're at it?
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I really don't wanna be looking at crylaugh emojiis.
    Emojis are here to stay, deal with it Santon4ever ��
    I'm streets ahead.

14. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Fair points.

I’m in banking so I think the only way to go is through acquisition
    I was in advertising... We will both meet in hell.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Can we also remove the Thanks thing while we're at it?

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I forgot that time Glen Whelan and Keith Andrews faced off against prime Iniesta-Xavi-Busquets ft. referee.
    david mcgoldrick

18. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, Batman, Devious, MVD, wera

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    We do need to be careful not to grow too much too quickly. Part of the charm of this forum is that with organic growth, every active member can feel like a member of a community, as opposed to one of a thousand posters.

Also, no way we can officially link to inter.it without them making us change things, e.g. remove the flamer's paradise (especially 18+) moderate bad language etc. and I'd like to be able to say 'cunt' when the need arises.

I don't think this is really an issue for us. We don't have a lot of new members joining the forum who become active posters. In fact, over the past two years or so we have had hardly any new members join who have over 1,000 posts. In an age where forums are dying in favor of avenues like Reddit and Discord this is somewhat to be expected, but it would be nice to inject some new blood into the forum.

20. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Serbia

Couple of thoughts, just spitballing without order of importance or anything.

These "old" forums are pretty much the last bastion of actually functional internet. Fast loading, no shitty active flash elements, slick and clean design - emphasis on slick and clean. I would prefer it to stay this way, without unnecessary implementation of reputations/upvotes and other reddit-style cancer. When I visit Juve and Milan forums it annoys me to shit that I'm bombarded by this cluster of information whereas I have to mentally separate all the overwhelming 800x600 signature gifs, animated avatars, points, karma pounts, upvotes etc to read a simple sentence of a post.
    Why am I against upvotes and similar stuff like on Reddit you ask? The problem with these systems, functional visual aesthetic aside, is that they tend to lead to dishonesty and virtue signalling. People stop expressing themselves genuinely for fear of reaction from the community and start virtue signalling because that's what brings upvotes. That's why Reddit is an insufferable echo-chamber for the most part. Now you could say that "thanks" are not any different and I would typically agree. Ideally I would leave being able to thank someone but remove the counters and numbers. I genuinely believe that quality of discussion overall tends to improve when you remove the proverbial carrot on a stick from the equation, stops people from posting for the sake of posting instead of for the sake of providing a good argument to the discussion.

Facebook groups mostly consist of people who I wouldn't want to interact with much to begin with - these people value short replies and "fast food" type of discussion that is rarely proofread, has metric fuckton of emojis and other stuff and generally has poor etiquette. Likewise to giving one of those people instant admin rights or whatever here - that will only lead to separation and derision from both sides. In year 2019 they are not any different in terms of raw quality from people who still comment on youtube videos.

Smaller active community will always be better than a large community with sporadic posters. As far as growing bigger - I don't think you can manually induce this even if you wanted. Only way for that to happen is for club itself to actually achieve things by winning trophies. That's how you get new fans nowadays. Being a CL regular is a good first step luckily. I would rather reach out to the italian Inter forum and try to get some of those people here, that would likely yield better results.

If you look at other forums, Juve's isn't that much bigger than ours, if it is at all. All other Italian clubs have smaller forum communities than ours.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DIN011 View Post
    Emojis are here to stay, deal with it Santon4ever ��
    SantonFTW*. Jinxmaster Dylan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Facebook groups mostly consist of people who I wouldn't want to interact with much to begin with - these people value short replies and "fast food" type of discussion that is rarely proofread, has metric fuckton of emojis and other stuff and generally has poor etiquette. Likewise to giving one of those people instant admin rights or whatever here - that will only lead to separation and derision from both sides. In year 2019 they are not any different in terms of raw quality from people who still comment on youtube videos..
    Interesting analysis. I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I don't think this is really an issue for us. We don't have a lot of new members joining the forum who become active posters. In fact, over the past two years or so we have had hardly any new members join who have over 1,000 posts. In an age where forums are dying in favor of avenues like Reddit and Discord this is somewhat to be expected, but it would be nice to inject some new blood into the forum.
    Ausilio be like: over my dead body.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Can we have multiplayer games? Like billiard, poker, FM etc.. only accessible by forum members, that'd be fun.

They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    maybe the answer is that we have to shut down and migrate over to reddit!

Fav. Player
    Grande Inter

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Mobile version of the site?

Itís 2019 after all.
    I also think there should be a mobile app.

28. Thanks (1): ArmaLetale

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Forum process improvenzano

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    HernanCrespo

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Mobile version of the site?

It’s 2019 after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I also think there should be a mobile app.
    Hear here!
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the Cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy. We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful"

-Beppe Severgnini-