View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

5 4.07%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

17 13.82%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

73 59.35%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

14 11.38%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be usefull, but will never be a key player for a team

6 4.88%
  • 5 - Completely average player

1 0.81%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 0.81%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

6 4.88%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicoḷ Barella

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    This is why we can’t have nice things ....
    Ziyad Of Boston

2. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Barella is 22. He is 2 years younger than Sensi, and the same age as Dimarco. Even if he takes a season to adjust into Inter, I wouldn't call that a failure. People already trashing him after a few friendlies are being ridiculous. Give him time. This is exactly why Inter need another midfielder (SMS or Vidal) so that Barella can develop without the extra pressure.

These friendlies are not the first time we have seen Barella. We have seen enough of his games for Cagliari and Azzurri to know how much potential he has. Now its up to Inter to harness that talent.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by syrus View Post
    Sounds like the lynch mob are ready sharping their Pitchfork's

Easy fellas ... Season has not started yet
    Why not ? Lets forget all his performances with Cagliari & Italy and lets conclude he is trash by the brief preseason with the new environment and the new tactic. That's how internet works right ?
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Barella is 22. He is 2 years younger than Sensi, and the same age as Dimarco. Even if he takes a season to adjust into Inter, I wouldn't call that a failure. People already trashing him after a few friendlies are being ridiculous. Give him time. This is exactly why Inter need another midfielder (SMS or Vidal) so that Barella can develop without the extra pressure.

These friendlies are not the first time we have seen Barella. We have seen enough of his games for Cagliari and Azzurri to know how much potential he has. Now its up to Inter to harness that talent.
    Or now it's time for Barella to take his talent and transition from 'potential' to 'real deal'.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Personally I question exactly how much or how good that talent is as well. I see a lot of nice things in how he plays, but nothing immensely valuable.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Thanks (2): Palacio, Wings

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Exactly, the potential and the cost seems to be a mismatch.
    Dr. Marotta

India

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Exactly, the potential and the cost seems to be a mismatch.

Sensi on the other hand...

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Brain storming some possible names and it's hard to find a good one common with FIF tradition

Ba-retard
    Shit-ella
    Bareshit
    Cuntella
    Barecunt
    Cunt
    Shit
    Shitcunt

Barella can never be shit.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nichomo Retardella

I think Nicolol Badella was the best though.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Personally I question exactly how much or how good that talent is as well. I see a lot of nice things in how he plays, but nothing immensely valuable.
    I have been putting Barella in my hopeful Inter squads for a year now at FIF, so let me give you my response. I have seen quite a few of Cagliari games last season, mostly because of this kid. He is really good for his age. Even at 20-21, he could make very accurate long passes, not afraid to dive into challenges to win balls, and more importantly he was the engine room for Cagliari. Any player who can do that at that young an age is special. He is a modern midfielder, and plays at high work rate and intensity (too much sometimes, and is a bit hotheaded). But if he can replicate his Cagliari form at Inter in a year or two, he can go on to achieve peak Nainggolan-level. Thats how good I think he can become.

He is not a creative midfielder, so you won't see any impressive tricks on this compilation videos that todays Instagram generation uses to judge players. Give Barella time, he is the kind of player who will impress over the whole game. You can never foretell the success of a young player, football is funny like that, but I am quite confident about Barella. He is the real deal.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    Sensi on the other hand...
    People like to compare the two because we got them in the same window.

To me however, they are very different players. Sensi’s talent also manifested itself very explicitly, unlike the other.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Definitely was NOT the engine room of cagliari.
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

14. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Definitely was the engine room of Cagliari
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Definitely was NOT the engine room of cagliari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Definitely was the engine room of Cagliari
    I'm convinced
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Pick any of their games last season. They played 4-3-1-2 and barella was primarily LCM. Easily for over 90% of the games. A couple of games he was AM.

Their DM (mostly cigarini, sometimes bradaric) and ionita were the controllers of their game.

18. Thanks (1): Universe

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Just sayin...it's not too late to loan him for a year lols.

20. Thanks (1): Universe

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by H_D_Swagger View Post

I think Nicolol Badella was the best though.
    FIF at its finest

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have been putting Barella in my hopeful Inter squads for a year now at FIF, so let me give you my response. I have seen quite a few of Cagliari games last season, mostly because of this kid. He is really good for his age. Even at 20-21, he could make very accurate long passes, not afraid to dive into challenges to win balls, and more importantly he was the engine room for Cagliari. Any player who can do that at that young an age is special. He is a modern midfielder, and plays at high work rate and intensity (too much sometimes, and is a bit hotheaded). But if he can replicate his Cagliari form at Inter in a year or two, he can go on to achieve peak Nainggolan-level. Thats how good I think he can become.

He is not a creative midfielder, so you won't see any impressive tricks on this compilation videos that todays Instagram generation uses to judge players. Give Barella time, he is the kind of player who will impress over the whole game. You can never foretell the success of a young player, football is funny like that, but I am quite confident about Barella. He is the real deal.
    I don't know what you mean when you say he can reach "peak-Nainggolan level" because the two are very different IMO. In terms of playing style? I don't see it. In terms of the effect Nainggolan had on the pitch? I still don't see it. A peak Nainggolan was able to use his stamina, physicality, power and potency to great effect at Roma. He was a leader on the pitch and had 14 goals + 7 assists in 16/17. Personally I am yet to see very many comparable or outstanding skills from Barella and therefore I have trouble seeing how he will put said skills to any great effect. (and when I say 'skills', obviously I am not referring to how many trivelas and step-overs he can do.)

You are right in saying he's not a creative midfielder, at least not consistently so. I have also noted his accurate long passes, but these are almost always sideways to switch possession from flank to flank. Even Medel was great at those. You are also right in saying he's hot headed, and that's an understatement if anything. He averages a yellow card every 3 games. If anything I consider Barella a very old fashioned midfielder, a vessel for the team to play through, one to influence the game subtly. I see (or saw) Nainggolan as the exact opposite, a super influential and dynamic mid who would grab the game by the scruff of the neck, get stuck in and lead the team. I don't see these qualities in Barella.

I'm not saying Barella is a bum. I'm saying at the price we paid for him, and considering the deficiencies of our midfield, he is an expensive luxury rather than desperately needed repairs. Barella, Brozovic and Sensi are all too similar (relatively speaking). We still lack that peak Nainggolan you mention and IMO Barella is not that and will never be that.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United States

To be fair players develop and it’s hard to say just how much a player will because it depends on so many factors. When Nainggolan joined Roma he was just a tough tackling defensive box to box midfielder, I don’t think anyone thought he would ever be the type to score 16 goals in a season.

Same with Yaya Toure for example, remember when this guy joined city he was a DM and occasionally played CB at Barca. At City Mancini moves him higher up the pitch and he became probably the best all round midfielder in the league.

Not saying Barella will make that type of transformation but those players didn’t take that step forward until their prime years. The good thing about Barella and part of the reason we paid so much is that all his prime years will be spent here. It’s up to us and Barella to develop into a top player. However for once we won’t have a player we wish we would have signed 5-10 years ago like Cavani, Dzeko, Sanchez, etc.

25. Thanks (3): Ed., MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I think Barella will be just fine. He's going to take the starting spot eventually.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

If only we have this groundless optimism in Sensi thread.
    Dr. Marotta

28. Thanks (1): n4l