Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: German Bundesliga 2019/2020

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Another draw for Dortmund. 2-2 away against Freiburg. They have been in crisis for a while and their defence looks really poor so far. If we take our chances against them they're certainly beatable.

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    They were unlucky on the late goal they conceded, but then the ones they scored also had some fortune going for them.

Is it just a thing that both Dortmund and Bayern are not doing all that well, or a matter of quality there? Anyways they are beatable. And if we have to stand any chance of going through, we need 4 points in those 2 matches.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Vietnam

Due to exhaustion I think. Bayern lost too, after destroying Spurs. CL matches really absorbed all the energy.

That's why I don't think we can win Jube, as their depth is much much better. Hope I am wrong.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Don't care that we're only 20% through the season because I have no clue when I'll get to say this again...

Borussia Mönchengladbach is top of the table.

7. Thanks (2): MVD, wera

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Due to exhaustion I think. Bayern lost too, after destroying Spurs. CL matches really absorbed all the energy.

That's why I don't think we can win Jube, as their depth is much much better. Hope I am wrong.
    Sadly I was right Sensi injured after 30’ due to fatigue and lost due to far inferior squad depth.
    Haiz.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Dortmund draws against Schlage and now scoreless in 2 games in a row.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    Dortmund draws against Schlage and now scoreless in 2 games in a row.
    I actually watched the match. They were really bad, especially in the first half. They were lucky they even got a draw. They have been poor for a while and it doesn't seem like Favre can turn things around. Hopefully they don't fire him before our match.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I actually watched the match. They were really bad, especially in the first half. They were lucky they even got a draw. They have been poor for a while and it doesn't seem like Favre can turn things around. Hopefully they don't fire him before our match.
    Maybe I'm putting too much stock into it, but the DFB Pokal having a round this week probably helps in that respect. It's difficult enough sacking a coach in a period of play between international breaks, but doing so when you've got games every 3-4 days is especially problematic. I know Valencia did that recently but they're headed by a mad man.

Favre's days are numbered but I expect to see him in the dugout next week still.

13. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Eintracht are destroying Bayern, who are playing with 10 men almost since the start of the match. 4-1 at 60th minute. It doesn't look good for Kovac.

Reus managed to get injured in his return for Dortmund against Wolfsburg and he's doubtful for our match.

15. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Hazard with a goal and assist for Dortmund, Leipzig going crazy against Mainz, 7-0 already, Bayern losing

big weekend for Dortmund, they are hoping Bayer can score one more to stop Borussia M
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

17. Thanks (2): Il Drago, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Hazard with a goal and assist for Dortmund, Leipzig going crazy against Mainz, 7-0 already, Bayern losing

big weekend for Dortmund, they are hoping Bayer can score one more to stop Borussia M
    And Gladbach are extending their lead from second place by winning away against Leverkusen. The other teams are finally taking advantage of Bayern poor results. It could be an exciting season.

- - - Updated - - -

5-1 for Eintracht. Wow. Humiliation for FC Hollywood.

19. Thanks (2): MVD, wera

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    And Gladbach are extending their lead from second place by winning away against Leverkusen. The other teams are finally taking advantage of Bayern poor results. It could be an exciting season.

- - - Updated - - -

5-1 for Eintracht. Wow. Humiliation for FC Hollywood.
    Ah no wonder there is kovac out hashtag on twitterr along with ole emery and valverde

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Hütter is doing some mighty fine work at Frankfurt. Lost their entire attacking trio from last season and they still can play positive football and score goals. It's difficult against anyone to deal with going down to 10 less than 10 minutes into the game, and it doesn't excuse 5-1 itself necessarily, but that game definitely felt like a lost cause for Bayern given the circumstances.

Gladbach didn't have one corner kick, Leverkusen had 13. Not Gladbach's best game but an away win in the Rheinland is always a neat bonus, especially given how many players are out due to injury right now (though Ginter, among others, was back today).

23. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, wera

United States

Timo Werner with 3 goals and 3 assists today. I know he’s probably going to Bayern but man would I love him as a long term Sanchez replacement.

25. Thanks (2): Kev9Inter, MVD

Poland

perfect scenario: Kovac fired, Mourinho hired, Perisić redeemed.

27. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Timo Werner with 3 goals and 3 assists today. I know he’s probably going to Bayern but man would I love him as a long term Sanchez replacement.
    I'm not a huge fan of Werner. I've only seen him ~10 times, but he feels like more of a false nine than an out-and-out forward. His finishing doesn't seem that great.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

That is why I believe a player like him to support Martinez/Lukaku would be great. Martinez and Lukaku are more like strikers, win-win situation <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

31. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Kovac has officially been fired by Bayern. I can't say i am surprised though i was expecting it to happen during the international break.

33. Thanks (1): MVD

Europe

28 Forum Supporter
    I hope Mourinho goes there...

35. Thanks (1): K.I.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Wonder what Onkel Jupp is up to right about now.

37. Thanks (2): GenDire, MVD