Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Wimbledon

Forca Nalbannnnnndian and Sharapova!!

Anyone else watching it??

Yeah I follow it not all the times cause I always founds the first rounds extremly booring. I'm waiting to the big guns meet each other.

The only thing that irritate me is that Federer is so superior.

I'm hoping for a miracle that Andy Roddick will go all the way and I also hope that Sharapova wins wimbledon again.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Yeah, I am a big Wimbeldon fan, a truly exiciting tournament.

I like Marat Safin, and Federer to some extent. I hate Andy Roddick and I think he is the most overrated player in tennis now.

In the women side, I prefer Sharapova I hope she does well, she didn't have a good year after Wimbeldon last year.

Did Kournikova really quit pro tennis? Why? She can still win, she is only 23, get off her back damn Media

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Barring a miracle, Federer will be winning Wimbledon again. It may seem a little dull having one man dominate tennis but watching Federer in action is truly a feast for the eyes.

Like Hamed, i like Marat Safin of the big guns.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Hopefully, Sharapova will keep her feet on the ground and resist the temptation of the limelight by casting those big actors or FHMs away. Once she got into the primadona lifestyle, I think it'll be very hard for her to quit.

Handyo

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I kind of stopped following Tennis after Sampras announced his retirement from the game. However it was a great pleasure to see Henman’s exist in the sec round today. Mainly because the British media / public make such a big deal out of him every single year. Henman this and Henman that. This year is finally his year and so on.
    Oh well… I guess the fish and chips nation will have to wait yet another year
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by J zanetti
    I kind of stopped following Tennis after Sampras announced his retirement from the game. However it was a great pleasure to see Henman’s exist in the sec round today. Mainly because the British media / public make such a big deal out of him every single year. Henman this and Henman that. This year is finally his year and so on.
    Oh well… I guess the fish and chips nation will have to wait yet another year
    Henman!!! You reflect my opinions, I like the lad since he is decent and never shows off. But the media they inflate him every chance possible, and I was glad he is gone now.

I liked Sampras as well, but his failure to win at clay for once didn't make him an absolute favourite, but he was really down to earth, nothing like Roddick

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed

I liked Sampras as well, but his failure to win at clay for once didn't make him an absolute favourite, but he was really down to earth, nothing like Roddick
    It certainly was a shame he never managed to win the French open. But to me and since when I started to following the game he was the best all around player.
    Also as you mentioned one of the reasons I rated his so high was the fact that he was down to earth. Unlike others his game on the court did the talking
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

I guees I'm the only one who like Roddick

Atleast I'm not a Glory hunter like those who cheers for Federer, he is simply to superior and It kinda destroy it all.

I know that many of the so called Sampras fan became fan of him after Sampras retired.

But my favorite player before Roddick was Andre Agassi maybe thats the reason why I didn't like Sampras

Tim Henman (6)
    Nadal (4)
    Mariano Puerta (16)
    Tommy Robredo (13)

The women
    Ju*stine Henin-Hardenne (7)

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I hate almost all British athletes, Tim Henman included. Also hated him because of his first name, which coincides with that of my nemesis'.

Fav. Player
    Oba

I love Tennis and the players I like watching the most are Federer, Henman, Monfils and Nadal. I was glad that Federer and Nadal managed to win Grand Slams as I remember when people were slating them and saying they haven't got what it takes, but they have both made it.

Monfils is very young and I'm sure he will win a big title one day. I'm afraid the same can't be said for Henman I mean going out in the 2nd round, I think his days are numbered.

Still the British Press have found a new saviour for Wimbledon, now it is Murray this and Murray that, I swear they never learn!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    I hate almost all British athletes, Tim Henman included. Also hated him because of his first name, which coincides with that of my nemesis'.
    Damn, i wonder who that is.

Well be glad anyway, Tim Henman is out. I feel sad for him though.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Interforeva
    Still the British Press have found a new saviour for Wimbledon, now it is Murray this and Murray that, I swear they never learn!
    Well-said man! I want the athlete to snap at them once and say ENOUGH!!! Leave us alone and keep your expectations.

Mens single (out)

1.Nadal (4)
    2.Marat Safin (5)
    3.Tim Henman (6)
    4.Nikolay Davydenko (8)
    5.J. Johanson (11)
    6.Tommy Robredo (13)
    7.Radek Stepanek, Tjekkiet (14)
    8.Mariano Puerta (16)
    9.David Ferrer (17)
    10.Tommy Haas (19)
    11.Ivan Ljubicic (20)
    12.Dominik Hrbaty (22)
    13.Nicolas Kiefer (25)
    14.Jiri Novak (28)
    15.Nicolas Massu (29)
    16.Robin Soderling (30)
    17.Filippo Volandri (32)
    18.Olivier Rochus, Belgien (33)

ladies single

1.Ju*stine Henin-Hardenne (7)
    2.Patty Schnyder (10)
    3.Vera Zvonareva (11)
    4.Jalena Jankovic (17)
    5.Tatiana Golovin (18)
    6.Ana Ivanovic (19)
    7.Daniela Hantuchova (20)
    8.Francesca Schiavone 21
    9.Silvia Farina (22)
    10.Ai Sugiyama (23)
    11.Shinobu Asagoe (24)
    12.Karolina Sprem (25)
    13.Nicole Vaidisova (27)
    14.Amy Frazier (28)
    15.Dinara Safina (30)
    16.Marion Bartoli, Frankrig (29)
    17.Anabel Medina Garrigues (31)
    18.Virginie Razzano, Frankrig (32)

there have been several surprices so far And Roddick was also close to be knocked out as well :redface:

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Funny Roddick! I think that was the first time I see a tennis player swing and miss at a ball baseball-style

I can't remember the last time Roddick played that badly... he defently needs to improve if he wanna go the whole way. but it's better that he had the bad game now then later. Anyway it dosn't matter cause we all know who is gonna win. especially after 2 of the 5 best have been knocked out. there is only 3 left who can win it. We can more or less count Roddick out of it after this performence. there is only one real contender left and that is Lleyton Hewitt.

there is still 2 small contenders in Sebastien Grosjean, and Ancic. bouth of them got to the semi-finals last year. but it's very daubtfull that they can do anything against Federer.

4 round draws

Roger Federer SUI (1) v. Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP (23)

Fernando Gonzalez CHI (21) v. Mikhail Youzhny RUS (31)

Lleyton Hewitt AUS (3) v. Taylor Dent USA (24)

Mario Ancic CRO (10) v. Feliciano Lopez ESP (26)

Max Mirnyi BLR v. Thomas Johansson SWE (12)

David Nalbandian ARG (18) v. Richard Gasquet FRA (27)

Dmitry Tursunov RUS v. Sebastien Grosjean FRA (9)

Guillermo Coria ARG (15) v. Andy Roddick USA (2)

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    4 round draws

Roger Federer SUI (1) v. Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP (23)

Guillermo Coria ARG (15) v. Andy Roddick USA (2)
    Woah, great matches.

I just watched poor Murray drop out of Wimbledon thanks to an ankle injury. A pity, as he was playing so well earlier. He seemed to respond to the crowd better than Henman does. Maybe the latter has had too much of the support in all these years.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Serena Williams is out in the 3rd round, and it's a shame what happen to Murray; the crowd really was helping him out.
    Nulla è impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Oba

Yeah it is a shame about Serena, but she never looked that comfortable throughout the whole tournament.

The Coria match was great, it is good to see him play well on grass, but I feel sorry for Murray as he did so well in the first 2 sets but just ran out of steam.