View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 132 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2807

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I for one love the guy and think he is an upgrade on anything we had the last couple of years. Add to that a team player and great to have for team chemistry.
    Ziyad Of Boston

2. Thanks (6): Ed., Harpsabu, Pipka, Strale, thatdude, vex

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    however one feels about icardi, you've gotta admit, he's come in and done a good job in his first season in terms of goals scored. Yes, there have been some big misses, but there were as well with Icardi. He's already practically at Icardi's 2nd best ever season figures at Inter, and he's adapting to a new language, league, and the team has been a bit of a mess with injuries.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with Hakimi, more Eriksen, Sensi back for hopefully most of the season, etc.

Not to mention he's also playing one of two strikers, whereas Icardi was sole

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    however one feels about icardi, you've gotta admit, he's come in and done a good job in his first season in terms of goals scored. Yes, there have been some big misses, but there were as well with Icardi. He's already practically at Icardi's 2nd best ever season figures at Inter, and he's adapting to a new language, league, and the team has been a bit of a mess with injuries.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with Hakimi, more Eriksen, Sensi back for hopefully most of the season, etc.

Not to mention he's also playing one of two strikers, whereas Icardi was sole
    Yes, anyone can go back to my post history at the start of the season. I was all for keeping icardi and thought he was the better player.
    Lukaku this season has been better than any season really. In terms of goals and his contribution to overall play. I've been very impressed with him.

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

UK

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Like I said before, I didn’t even expect him to score more than 15-18 goals in the league. I‘m very satisfied because I thought it would be way worse than what it was. I even thought that once he had some really bad games he would be mentally broken and go downhill from there, however this was not the case. Lukaku isn’t a clinical striker but he has quite a few qualities that I dig, and he has made strong efforts to limit some of the shortcomings I was aware of before he joined even if he wasn’t successful in some cases. I believe he will have a similar season with more talent around him, so cheers to that. Right now, I’m more worried about our defensive side of the game rather than Lukaku. Nothing I hate more than a leaky defence and Conte needs to get the team right for that.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I understood it as pointing to the colour of his skin
    He was dedicating the goal to your avatar.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

7. Thanks (2): Black Knight, MVD

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    He was dedicating the goal to your avatar.
    'tis but a scratch

9. Thanks (4): GenDire, Glass box, MVD, nurko

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The main objection with Lukaku's transfer is that his peak was ruined at Man Utd and his prime will probably be cut short once he's around 30. This type of players never survive very long at the tip level and don't forget that Lukaku has been around since he was 16.
    He has at best 2 more seasons in his prime, even if he stays fully professional, trains all day and doesn't get fat again.

He is just too heavy and lacks some basic skills on the ball to be effective long term. He's very reliant on his frame and physical ability (acceleration, strength etc). That is not sustainable after a certain point.
    As long as he keeps fit he can be of help for the next 2 seasons but I don't think expect him to improve. His production will probably decline from next season.

this is usually true though
    many player who peaked early decline faster,
    like theres a mileage in human body (not only age),

just like rooney and owen, (or pato?)

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    this is usually true though
    many player who peaked early decline faster,
    like theres a mileage in human body (not only age),

just like rooney and owen, (or pato?)
    Depends on how they look after their body, Rooney wasn't too much into fitness, he added lot of weight all the time. On the other side you see Ronaldo who started very young but he was fitness freak. You see players like Lewandowski who changed his diet and looks way younger than 30+ year old player. Similarly James Milner is also one of the fittest player and he is in 30s.

I think Lukaku won't age gracefully though, his frame is too big and he relies on physical attributes but that shouldn't be the problem. You signed him as a 26 year old player, so getting 6-7 good years is easily money well spent.

12. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Higuain disagrees with whatever you guys just said.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

14. Thanks (4): Candreva Crosses, Lui, n4l, Strale

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It’s a matter of motivation. If money is the motivation ultimately the fire within gets extinguished when u get it.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Arguably our player of the season alongside Candreva

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    To be fair, 70% our tactics revolves around Kaku and his strengths (which is fair, given goals win games) where as Icardi at 5'10 had to feed off countless crosses. From Candreva.

Kaku's goal scoring shouldn't surprise anyone, hes in top 15-20 all time goals scorers in EPL already. But it's not over for him yet, his sophomore season will be his true test, when defenses have figured him out. What's worrying is his continued trend of having zero impact against top teams. Even Verona / Luca Toni managed a goal against Gobbi.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

17. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, n4l, Nero Indigo

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Felt like 100pct of our tactics revolved around Icardi. His dribbling was pretty shit, hold up wasnt great, so our wingers rarely got into the area with possession. Those tactics got us a little over a goal per game. Then he decided his knee was injured. I'd say we wouldve had a higher goal output if Lukaku was our striker under spalletti.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Felt like 100pct of our tactics revolved around Icardi. His dribbling was pretty shit, hold up wasnt great, so our wingers rarely got into the area with possession. Those tactics got us a little over a goal per game. Then he decided his knee was injured. I'd say we wouldve had a higher goal output if Lukaku was our striker under spalletti.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    So 2017-18 with 66 goals in 38 games was just a little over 1 goal a game, with Icardi scoring roughly half of those?

Why the short memory? Can't you just put an asterisk to last season instead of using it as a benchmark for everything? The season was cut when Spalletti lost the locker room in December 2018. Stop using it as the go to season for everything Spalletti, everything Icardi, everything Inter.

And no, our tactics were not 100% on Icardi. In fact he was hardly used. Our taxtica were Brozovic to play in the middle, center backs to exchange passes with the full backs for a couple of minutes and then splash it to the wings so that we get a half chance between 1 striker and a missing far side winger against a set defense. Our best execution came when the central midfielders got close to the box, which hqd nothing to do with the striker, whether it was Icardi, Lautaro or in some cases even just Keita.

20. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Linege, rfU

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Our best execution came when the central midfielders got close to the box, which hqd nothing to do with the striker, whether it was Icardi, Lautaro or in some cases even just Keita.
    So you like Conte's tactic then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    The small detail you omitted from your post is the reason that he was sent away: Politano was a shit one dimensional player. The club obviously decided that they could do without him because he added next to nothing in terms of impact and contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    So you like Conte's tactic then?
    I generally like the 3-5-2.
    I don't like our 3-5-2 and Conte's approach to it except for the midfield overloading the offense which is a no brainer.
    I don't like 3-5-2 as Inter's formation.

Also, I don't see how that can be a follow up question based on what I've said before.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

I generally like the 3-5-2.
    I don't like our 3-5-2 and Conte's approach to it except for the midfield overloading the offense which is a no brainer.
    I don't like 3-5-2 as Inter's formation.

Also, I don't see how that can be a follow up question based on what I've said before.
    You talked about our best execution being overloading their box with midfielders. This is a tactic Conte showed even in the first games with Inter at the beginning of the season. So I thought you liked his tactic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    The small detail you omitted from your post is the reason that he was sent away: Politano was a shit one dimensional player. The club obviously decided that they could do without him because he added next to nothing in terms of impact and contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

So 2017-18 with 66 goals in 38 games was just a little over 1 goal a game, with Icardi scoring roughly half of those?

Why the short memory? Can't you just put an asterisk to last season instead of using it as a benchmark for everything? The season was cut when Spalletti lost the locker room in December 2018. Stop using it as the go to season for everything Spalletti, everything Icardi, everything Inter.

And no, our tactics were not 100% on Icardi. In fact he was hardly used. Our taxtica were Brozovic to play in the middle, center backs to exchange passes with the full backs for a couple of minutes and then splash it to the wings so that we get a half chance between 1 striker and a missing far side winger against a set defense. Our best execution came when the central midfielders got close to the box, which hqd nothing to do with the striker, whether it was Icardi, Lautaro or in some cases even just Keita.
    I used 18/19 because it is more recent. I could use an asterisk for 17/18 as well since it was new coach, new style. Perhaps we got figured out last year, because it was more of the same with Icardi isolated, and perisic and candreva just whipping it in. Icardi got sick of being double marked, and started to work at the top of the area which didnt do anything, which might have been his knee. Doctors were shocked as well. Either way, our best execution never came because we never broke out of the season long goal slump.

Icardi lost the team, spalletti had to wear it.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    You talked about our best execution being overloading their box with midfielders. This is a tactic Conte showed even in the first games with Inter at the beginning of the season. So I thought you liked his tactic.
    Well, it helps us attack more and score more so yeah, it's good. But that's just one aspect of it. It can be far more effective when you swap one of the defenders in the middle.

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Very good game from him. Like Uni mentioned in the match thread his duel with Koul was fun to watch.

A small snippet I really enjoyed from the game due to the fact that there are no crowd and you can hear the players was just before half time, we were on a counter with Lukaku making a run and Brozo with the ball near the centre, he was being pressured and had his eyes on the ball then Lukaku screams at him twice "BROZO" to let him know he's making a run and he wants a pass, Brozo kindly obliges and assumes where he'll be in his head and passes it. Of course the pass was shit and was easily intercepted but I love how communication was key there and it's something we rarely get to see/notice in football (one of the biggest reasons I love following some e-Sports is that I can hear their communication and how it hugely impacts plays).

29. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He has come on leaps and bounds. His back to the goal play, first touch, have all improved so much this season.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

31. Thanks (3): Nero Indigo, thatdude, Ziyad