View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 166 of 174 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3480

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Think about when was the last time we had a CF who did not bitch and where we did not have this exact conversation.
    Get back to me when you can come up with one pretty sure even brehme would struggle finding that.

Not saying i like it but watch any 9 on this planet and tell me they dont bitch 90% of the time they dont get the ball.
    Has to be back to Julio Cruz
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

2. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, eduzee, K.I.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Difference is that Lukaku isn't a third of what Ibrahimovic was in his prime. Ibra used to create things on his own, out of nothing. Lukaku can't create shit. Face it - Lukaku ain't all that different to Icardi when you do the math. He requires entire squad to do the work for him and to succumb to parameters necessary for him to shine, hence why some arguably skilled players don't get to shine at all because they don't get to flourish in a system that has a sole purpose of streamlining everything for the striker.

There is also another issue. Ibrahimovic rarely bitches to his squadmates for nothing. He demands a ball to be passed to his foot, he wants precision and doesn't tolerate incompetence. Is that stil expecting too much? Yes. Is it justified? Debatable. Is it unfair? Absolutely not.
    Meanwhile Lukaku flails his arms for every single impossible fucking pass. He doesn't understand that 9 out of 10 times he is in a piss poor position and he refuses to learn to run into viable space for a pass. That's why Eriksen/Lukaku will never work, Lukaku lacks the football intelligence to see things in advance. And that's why Eriksen will never succeed here even if Conte was to give him 90 minutes match in and out. That's the difference between Lukaku and Ibra - Lukaku gets upset over impossible things.
    Yeah. Precisely this is my point and source of irritation. Lukaku bitches over almost any case when someone did something which didn't lead to him having ball at his feet. No matter where the fuck he happens to be.

I noticed one case yesterday in the first half when Barella rushed to the box and dribbled past the defender to have the shot with his left foot only to keeper to beat (straight to the keeper of course). Lautaro was standing all alone in front of the goal, if Barella just had seen him, passed the ball to Lautaro, it would have been a free goal. I didn't see Lautaro bitching about this at all.

I can understand bitching like what Zlatan sometimes do, but it is indeed usually for a reason. Zlatan indeed has a high standard for the general competence on the pitch and he's leading by example. Despite Lukaku scoring a ton, it's not leading by example when he fucks up some easy passes/layups in almost every match.

4. Thanks (2): K.I., rfU

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Think about when was the last time we had a CF who did not bitch and where we did not have this exact conversation.
    Get back to me when you can come up with one pretty sure even brehme would struggle finding that.

Not saying i like it but watch any 9 on this planet and tell me they dont bitch 90% of the time they dont get the ball.
    Palacio, one of my fav players

Greece

Man, I feel I have to apologize here to a lot of people for ruining this for them.

Ignorance is bliss

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Man, I feel I have to apologize here to a lot of people for ruining this for them.

Ignorance is bliss

8. Thanks (3): Glass box, MVD, Wings

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    What? I used to be singled out for pointing out some of his flaws, now I'm barely bothered about it while his thread and the games are too active with this kind of talk.

I think I broke Uni with this one

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    JZ AR Adri NB

England

What? I used to be singled out for pointing out some of his flaws, now I'm barely bothered about it while his thread and the games are too active with this kind of talk.

I think you given him the "bad eye"

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Lukaku isn't our best player though. It's just that most of our play is designed for him.
    you could say this for Icardi when he was here but Lukaku at last is really working a lot for the team and not only waiting for balls.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    you could say this for Icardi when he was here but Lukaku at last is really working a lot for the team and not only waiting for balls.
    You could say that about almost any player in the world. The quote you quoted that is. I replied to this one.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ4

If that complaining is a problem then what about the bitching from Ronaldo or Ibra for example?
    Wait when did R9 excessively bitch lol when he came to inter he was the best player on the planet I guess he could get away with it, sometimes. Pissed me off when Ibra did it but Kaku is nothing close to prime Ibra in terms of talent and ability. When Kaku wins us a trophy he can bitch all he wants, till then he should really tone it down, I have no idea how no one has clapped back yet, either verbally or physically, surely hot heads like Barella or even Toro would have confronted him by now. Oddly enough the biggest lads are usually pussies when it comes to a fight because they're not used to being confronted. It's always the little guy you gotta worry about.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been watching soccer nearly 30 years I've never seen a striker complain as excessively or overtly as Lukaku to his team mates. But anyway, I rarely see Auba, Salah, Kane or Immobile have outbursts or take issue with their team mates in an over the top manner when they don't get the ball.

I mean watch Lukaku's reaction here as soon as Pogba shoots lol takes him a while to realize Pogba scored :

"Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

16. Thanks (4): dax21, eduzee, n4l, Universe

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Tbf that is a reasonable position to demand the ball from and Pogba's goal was just insanely good.

18. Thanks (1): rfU

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter

You said also that he passed his prime and next season he scored 34 goals and had undoubtedly the best season in his career.

20. Thanks (2): Glass box, Harpsabu

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    You said also that he passed his prime and next season he scored 34 goals and had undoubtedly the best season in his career.
    I said he was past his peak because he was an early bloomer and that he wasted a lot of potential.
    I also said that he still is his prime and we have a couple of seasons to milk anything out of him.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Zanetti,Ronaldo

Indonesia

right let's bench our best player. I can already see Pinamonti doing a hattrick this weekend
    why not? i would not rule out the possibility of Pinamonti making a hattrick. if the whole team works for him, the system of play is centered on him, and endless tolerance from the coach then he would do it. this scenario is highly possible.
    shape of inter to come

Fav. Player
    Barella

Malaysia

24. Thanks (1): Demenza Senile

Malta

He’s injured. It’s over

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    He’s injured. It’s over
    Strained arms?

#ConteOut

27. Thanks (2): MVD, Nothing

Malta

Strained arms?
    Probably strained back from carrying the team on his own

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    Probably strained back from carrying the team on his own
    Didn't carry it too far, so it's just his thigh.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Rumours we were going to rest him this weekend. I wonder if this is to try and get him from going on international duty. Would be a good thing if he could miss that and get a rest.

31. Thanks (2): Jagger, MVD