View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthšus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    There are countless of examples of players not fitting in one team, then they switch and play great for another team. There are so many factors here. The fact is that italian league is much different to epl, same with Inter to man utd. We'll see how it goes.

I remember how dzeko move to roma was hailed by few, but he turned out suprisingly well for roma.
    It's not a question of fitting to the team, there is this myth that Lukaku is very good goal scorer when he averages 15-16 league goals in his career. That's his average at ManUtd too. So it's not like he underperformed, he reached his standards and maintained the 15-16 league goals average.

IIRC Dzeko's goals per min at City and Roma as more or less same. At City he didn't play much, at Roma he was first choice.

I'm not saying Lukaku is shit player, far from it. He is good player and will score goals and create chances. Just that the expectations are on him are crazy that he is bound to fail when people realize he isn't the magical player they expected him to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    I totally didn't see this bunch of predictable responses coming.

You can go on and pretend like you know this guy through and through, but all you've ever seen is him being this motivated when signing for ManUre. And then you witnessed him becoming a fat (pun intended) disappointment. Which is not exactly strange. He was happy when he signed but became lackluster when he realized what kinda craphole he was in. Did you watch his interviews from when he went to Everton? Same stuff, only he did deliver afterwards. Because Everton wasn't some suicide inducing shithole. I'm getting a little tired of you pretending you can predict the future while you don't have a fuckin' clue if this is gonna be an Everton or a ManUre case. Signs are pointing to the former and you hate it.

Well you can quite easily go back and read the answer to your question. I'm talking about the upcoming season where we look like we'll finally be able to challenge juBe, as we are finally starting to look like an actually organized team mostly due to Conte, while juBe are in the worst spot they've been in this entire decade. Please remain salty about this though, I like the taste.

Well you can quite easily go back and read how I told you I'm very skeptical of this signing. While it is true that I am slowly getting used to the idea of Lukaku in our team by starting to focus on the (potential) positives, because what else can I do now that he's here, all that I actually said is that I think he'll do better here than at ManUre and why I think so. That's literally everything. This isn't a 180 degree change in my mind but I suppose you felt obliged to do some shit talking to me as I roasted your mid table club.

You shitting on Lukaku so hard -- it almost feels like you actually resent the fact that he left without a proper replacement, preferring us above ManUre so damn hard.
    It's just hilarious that you talk about player or things you have no clue about.

2. Thanks (2): MVD, RobertMugabe

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    It's just hilarious that you talk about player or things you have no clue about.
    I will take your continued generic "/insert it's just hilarious" as a win.

This is mostly just awfully hypocrite from the one only focussing on amounts of goals scored. One of the potential positives I have learned to appreciate, because admittedly I didn't know about this when I flamed his beefy ass, is just how often he creates space for others to score goals. He may 'only' score 15-16 himself but he can indirectly be accountable for a whole lot more.

...Just that the expectations are on him are crazy that he is bound to fail when people realize he isn't the magical player they expected him to be.
    Please indulge us with a list of people who are having such expectations from Lukaku around here, because I haven't seen any. On the contrary.

You've just been downplaying our club and crushing our hopes ever since this transfer was done and it is quite annoying. If you want to continue shitting on Inter I suggest you go do it elsewhere, little annoying man.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Dzeko also was more experienced and his playing style did not rely on pace since he always had great technique. Dzeko also didn't cost 65M+

The biggest issue here for lukaku is price and icardi (goal scoring + consistency over multiple seasons). He has a high bar and i think just being 'decent' will not be enough. Huge pressure.

Curious too. His best playing style is on the counter, and that's what OGS essentially switched to at ManU and he still didn't really work out. Monster, what was the reasons for that in your opinion? I only watch manU vs the other top teams so sample size is not big enough..
    Pressing from the front, even Martial is working hard now. ManUtd countered against Chelsea and took around 10 seconds to reach from one box to other, Solskjaer wants his team to play with intensity, pace, something Lukaku can't. He can't play with intensity, 1 or 2 sprints and he is on his knees.

I won't say he doesn't fit at all, Solskjaer didn't want him as his first choice player and Lukaku didn't want to be squad player. So it was just the deal both parties wanted.

Btw agree with you point. For the fee people will have high expectations, which means every move is analyzed and decent goal scoring record is just not enough. I mean people expect more than what the player is capable of. Mini goal drought and the pitch forks will be out.

- - - Updated - - -

I will take your continued generic "/insert it's just hilarious" as a win.

This is mostly just awfully hypocrite from the one only focussing on amounts of goals scored. One of the potential positives I have learned to appreciate, because admittedly I didn't know about this when I flamed his beefy ass, is just how often he creates space for others to score goals. He may 'only' score 15-16 himself but he can indirectly be accountable for a whole lot more.

Please indulge us with a list of people who are having such expectations from Lukaku around here, because I haven't seen any. On the contrary.

You've just been downplaying our club and crushing our hopes ever since this transfer was done and it is quite annoying. If you want to continue shitting on Inter I suggest you go do it elsewhere, little annoying man.
    Win? Fucking hell are you keeping the score? I mean it's bad as it is when you post without knowing anything and then assuming you won some imaginary argument is beyond ridiculous.

Shitting on Inter, downplaying Inter and the transfer? Go and check my posts in Lukaku thread and see how much I was "shitting" on the player and the transfer.

I didn't even say he is shit player, in almost all my posts I said he is good player. Also it's hilarious that you started to see beyond goals when that's something I said month ago and said that in detailed analysis in the transfer thread. Maybe it will help if you calm down, read, think and post.

That doesn't mean he will become the player he isn't.

6. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Dzeko also was more experienced and his playing style did not rely on pace since he always had great technique. Dzeko also didn't cost 65M+

The biggest issue here for lukaku is price and icardi (goal scoring + consistency over multiple seasons). He has a high bar and i think just being 'decent' will not be enough. Huge pressure.

Curious too. His best playing style is on the counter, and that's what OGS essentially switched to at ManU and he still didn't really work out. Monster, what was the reasons for that in your opinion? I only watch manU vs the other top teams so sample size is not big enough..
    Stop comparing the prices of the players now and 4 or more years ago. The market suffered significant change and these days the value is going skyrocket. 65mln may looking scary but in reality this is normal price for a player with Lukaku's reputation. Just check other transfers not only Inter's ones. Rodrigo Moreno is going to Atletico M for 60mln. Leao with his 8 goals in France to Milan for 35. Jovic with one good season - 65mln. Few seasons back - Schick - 40mln, Andre Silva - 40mln, Gabishit - 30mln. Morata to Chelsea 66mln. All of these players are unproven compare to Lukaku, so 65mln for him is fair price.

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    ... < shit >...

... I didn't even say he is shit player, in almost all my posts I said he is good player. Also it's hilarious that you started to see beyond goals when that's something I said month ago and said that in detailed analysis in the transfer thread. Maybe it will help if you calm down, read, think and post.

That doesn't mean he will become the player he isn't.
    Yes you're saying he's a good player. You just accidentally drop countless comments saying he's slow, his stamina level sucks, his vision is ass, < ... > in between. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I guess I also misread the many low key stabs aimed at anyone daring to be optimistic Inter's situation in between them.

Not going into the other stuff you said because the hypocrisy is just /insert hilarious. Which is the exact response you'd give back to me anyway.

Good luck though with that super fast paced football at ManUre now that Lukaku is gone. I'm sure that's not a magical dream. Dumping every post Fergie coach who did win you trophies despite the shit material sure helped so far.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

Yes you're saying he's a good player. You just accidentally drop countless comments saying he's slow, his stamina level sucks, his vision is ass, < ... > in between. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I guess I also misread the many low key stabs aimed at anyone daring to be optimistic Inter's situation in between them.

Not going into the other stuff you said because the hypocrisy is just /insert hilarious. Which is the exact response you'd give back to me anyway.

Good luck though with that super fast paced football at ManUre now that Lukaku is gone. I'm sure that's not a magical dream. Dumping every post Fergie coach who did win you trophies despite the shit material sure helped so far.
    Nothing to do with Lukaku again, and one most post that lacks any substance and you want a proper debate/argument.

Never said he is slow, in fact I said he is quick. His stamina levels suck and that's not opinion. That's fact, backed by numbers (distance covered, number of sprints).

With all due respect, anyone who can read properly can see how I rate Lukaku with my posts in Lukaku thread. Doesn't mean I have to post nonsense like "He works hard covering insane distance, he has great first touch, he is goal scoring machine".

If you come out of "lols bitter ManUre fans, shitting on my great club and Messi like Player" you can understand posts better. In fact when half of this forum were shitting on his big game performance (I'm assuming you were among them too, or maybe you were too busy searching for Lukaku falling on his arse videos), I gave breakdown of his big game performance which is beyond just goals.

Maybe that doesn't count as I didn't say he works hard and covers insane distance.

Completely shitting on the player when Inter didn't sign and once he was signed, no one should point out his weaknesses.

11. Thanks (2): MVD, Rain

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Stop comparing the prices of the players now and 4 or more years ago. The market suffered significant change and these days the value is going skyrocket. 65mln may looking scary but in reality this is normal price for a player with Lukaku's reputation. Just check other transfers not only Inter's ones. Rodrigo Moreno is going to Atletico M for 60mln. Leao with his 8 goals in France to Milan for 35. Jovic with one good season - 65mln. Few seasons back - Schick - 40mln, Andre Silva - 40mln, Gabishit - 30mln. Morata to Chelsea 66mln. All of these players are unproven compare to Lukaku, so 65mln for him is fair price.

It's not about FAIR price. It's about price, money a club has, AND expected performances. At 65+, at Inter (record transfer), he HAS TO BE MORE THAN 'DECENT'. Whether 65+ is 'no big deal' to atletico is irrelevant. To us, it's massive and he has to deliver.

Ciao mario was 40M. K-dog was 36. In the grand scheme, compared to other clubs, it was peanuts. BUT TO US, they had to be GREAT PLAYERS because of financial situation, % of our mercato etc.

Players you named...lol. Schick is a flop. Andre Silva...flop. Gabi shit...flop. Morata....flop. Not because of price alone but because performances did not match their price.

You can try to paint it any other way, but that is not the reality.
    Last edited by n4l; 14 Aug 19 at 13:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

13. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, I4E, M.Adnan

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter

It's not about FAIR price. It's about price, money a club has, AND expected performances. At 65+, at Inter (record transfer), he HAS TO BE MORE THAN 'DECENT'. Whether 65+ is 'no big deal' to atletico is irrelevant. To us, it's massive and he has to deliver.

Ciao mario was 40M. K-dog was 36. In the grand scheme, compared to other clubs, it was peanuts. BUT TO US, they had to be GREAT PLAYERS because of financial situation, % of our mercato etc.

Players you named...lol. Schick is a flop. Andre Silva...flop. Gabi shit...flop. Morata....flop. Not because of price but because performances did not match their price.

You can try to paint it any other way, but that is not the reality.
    This is reality man. Lukaku is proven goalscorer with 129 goals and 42 assists at ManU and Everton, playing at EPL not France, Brazil or whatever. For his reputation 65+ is a fair price.
    If that is a issue for Inter Milan is a completely different matter. If his transfer fee is a burden then the management should have gone for a cheaper option. But where to find a cheaper and proven in the same time forward? It's mission impossible, so you have to make a compromise and to get a cheaper (but not proven) player with potential like Leao, Gabishit, Silva and other above mentioned or to get a older almost finished player like Falcao, Dzeko, Quallarela, Giroud and other similar options. Or you can try with the middle ground - not spectacular but still useful players like Haller, Rebic, Zapata or G.Simeone. But the problem here is that they will cost 40+mln.
    The days where you can get someone like Icardi with one good season for 10mln or unwanted but quality player like Dzeko for 15mln are gone.

15. Thanks (5): Kakaroto, MVD, sikman, thatdude, Wobblz

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    issue for Inter Milan
    getting closer to that aneurism
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vietnam

I don't mean to judge Lukaku atm, but the common logic "The others overpaid af so we overpay too is fine" is nonsense. Why take examples mostly from Inter and...freaking Milan? Why not Dortmund whom bought THREE great forwards for 75m as an example?

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

50 goals.jpg

Oh man, what a photo. So excited for this pairing, even if I'm not that hyped for Lukaku himself.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

19. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    50 goals.jpg

Oh man, what a photo. So excited for this pairing, even if I'm not that hyped for Lukaku himself.
    ciao mario behind supplying them
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

21. Thanks (1): YoramG

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

ciao mario behind supplying them
    Lmao I wish you hadn't pointed him out, it's a tad ruined now
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

23. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Don't we have any friendly game before the game against Lecce?

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Pressing from the front
    But doesn't Conte want this also? He doesn't press, isn't a target man, how will Cunte use him??
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    But doesn't Conte want this also? He doesn't press, isn't a target man, how will Cunte use him??
    Maybe Conte will be able to tune him, after all it's well known that Conte's training sessions are like hell. It won't be like other light strikers though, his huge frame won't let him to press like other strikers can.

Also he is good when you keep the ball on the ground but not with his back to the goal. I'm also very interested to see how Conte will use him.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Every player is (or at least looks) motivated when they join a club. They all say the right fucking things. Do not read anything into that.

Lukaku is a good player. He is not a great player.

Fortunately he will have a good partner with him up front (be it Lautaro or Dzeko, or maybe Dybala or someone else). And hopefully he will have a good midfield backing him.

With a good support cast and a good coach, Lukaku should be good for us. But have no illusions. He isn't one who will carry a club. Not for a season. Not for a fucking match.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    But have no illusions. He isn't one who will carry a club. Not for a season. Not for a fucking match.
    Say it please: He's just a poacher.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

https://twitter.com/rocnationsports/...585275395?s=21

Btw Lukaku's agency confirmed that fee is 80 million including bonuses.

31. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Greece

https://twitter.com/rocnationsports/...585275395?s=21

Btw Lukaku's agency confirmed that fee is 80 million including bonuses.
    Are they sure about that? People were rather clear to correct me everytime I said we paid 80m for him.

Conte uomo di merda