View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthšus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Pupi, C

Japan

not many seem to bother reading ADRossi post

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    There's a difference between being "fat" and "carrying more weight than a footballer needs." No one with a brain thinks Lukaku is fat.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Who is ADRossi?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks (3): Candreva Crosses, MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Who is ADRossi?

The white boy banging all the hot chicks in Michigan in his DR hat.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

5. Thanks (4): ADRossi, MVD, phonk, RobertMugabe

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Who is ADRossi?

some guy cleaning up the mess of lazy admins
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroto View Post
    The white boy banging all the hot chicks in Michigan in his DR hat.
    You'd be amazed at how many people ask me if I'm from there when I wear my hat, despite the fact I'm paler than Casper.

9. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    You'd be amazed at how many people ask me if I'm from there when I wear my hat, despite the fact I'm paler than Casper.
    Do you have albinism? Don't forget to also wear sunscreen and sunnies.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    12% for visible abs? You should add good genetics with that.
    If you have huge muscles, 12% body fat will not cover them completely..... if you have totally undeveloped abs, even lower body fat will still have them covered.

12. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It was posted here that Lukaku was 100 kgs even when he was 16 or so. Is that true?

If it is, then you can't expect him to be much lower at this point.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    It was posted here that Lukaku was 100 kgs even when he was 16 or so. Is that true?

If it is, then you can't expect him to be much lower at this point.
    Yeah, it's true. Belgian journalist Kristof tweeted it and he said he got it from the club data.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, that's actually quite a feat having the same weight for 10 years. Of course he's a pro, so not that of a biggie, but it shows he IS a pro athlete.

17. Thanks (2): syrus, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah, that's actually quite a feat having the same weight for 10 years. Of course he's a pro, so not that of a biggie, but it shows he IS a pro athlete.
    Shows either consistency, or that's just his body type .. genetics play a deep role..

I bet alot of us here are sitting in the low to mid 20's BF, but yet have the audacity to call this guy fat..

India

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    12% for visible abs? You should add good genetics with that.

That's why I said it's the threshold, some people will have somewhat visible abs at that level and some won't

Also people are terrible at estimating their own body fat, some people will be at 16-18% and think they are at 12% and others will be at 10% and think they are at 6%

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Let's just hope he doesn't lose his pace. And that he utilizes his body strength better in dealing with defenders. And he ups his mental game to deal with the pressure here. The third is the most important, and what we need the most.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Old name
    the dude

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Marie View Post
    not many seem to bother reading ADRossi post
    It's not that simple. Can not generalize like that. Especially not in Lukaku's situation, knowing his body type, etc.

If he had genetically skinnier legs and still had 100/104kg, than it would have been a problem.

Whether he likes it or not, he will get leaner once the chl games start. 2 up to 3 games a week will do it's trick. Unless he is a moron like Cassano, who didn't bother to drop a single kg during the whole time he played for us.

Latest Lukaku's pics on insta show it better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Let's just hope he doesn't lose his pace. And that he utilizes his body strength better in dealing with defenders. And he ups his mental game to deal with the pressure here. The third is the most important, and what we need the most.
    I think Conte will help him with that. He has never been wanted so much by a coach like he was desperately wanted by Conte. Once he gets that through his skull, he will play freely.

Also, by the way he interacts with his friends on insta, it's more like he makes fun of himself as well, calling himself fat just for the sake of it...

But who knows....
    Guacamole

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

never liked him - don't think he is that great...but now that he is here, let's go!

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

This podcast was apparently recorded just before his move to Inter. Start at 45:35 for the interesting stuff.

This is the footballitalia article that mentions the part he talks about his whole situation at man utd:

Romelu Lukaku blasted Manchester United in a podcast recorded before his move to Inter. “They consider us dumb, but we know who is doing leaks. If I’m clearly not wanted, let’s find a solution.”

The Belgium international sat down for a lengthy interview with the LightHarted Podcast with Joe Hart, discussing his acrimonious exit from Old Trafford and move to Serie A for Inter.

“A lot of stuff has been said where I didn’t feel protected. I felt like a lot of rumours, Rom going there, they don’t want Rom, and nobody came out to shut it down.

“It was for a good three-four weeks. I’m waiting for someone to come out and shut it down. It didn’t happen. I had my conversation, told them it was better to go our separate ways. If you don’t want to protect somebody, all these rumours come out. I just wanted you to say Rom is going to fight for his place, but it never happened for four-five months.

“It was all he’s got to go, he doesn’t deserve to be there, well OK, then I want to go now. There is fighting for your position, but also being somewhere that people want you to be.

“If you’re happy, you find a way, it doesn’t matter if you’re on the bench or starting. But nobody told me that was the situation, so I thought for two-three weeks to analyse, see all this **** coming out in the media. Who leaks it? Not me. Not my agent. I see it on my phone come out of nowhere.

“I told them it’s not good for me to be at a place where I’m not wanted. We’re not stupid. They consider us dumb, but we are not dumb, we know who is doing leaks and stuff. I told them, you can’t be working like this, it’s better for me to go now.”

Juventus were also an option, but Conte had already wanted Lukaku when in charge of Juve and then Chelsea.

“I do stuff because I really believe in myself and I fight for what I believe in. I am at a moment in my life where I’m at a place where I’m clearly not wanted, I don’t want to be a problem in the locker room, so let’s find a solution and get this sorted.

“You don’t want to keep an unhappy player and you clearly don’t want me to be here either.”

The podcast was recorded before Lukaku had signed for Inter, but he still discussed the imminent transfer.

“Inter aren’t the only ones. Two teams are interested and United know my situation, what I want to do, it’s up to them. I haven’t had any indication from them what they want. It’s up to them and my agent to find a solution.

“It’s important to be somewhere you are wanted.”
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

24. Thanks (4): n4l, Rain, sikman, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    great podcast....conte has to deliver with rom. HAS TO.

He's also already aware it's HARD AS FUCK to score in serie A
    Hope he can handle the pressure.

edit: he needs to really take some ownership and stop with the NT comparisons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

26. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

United States

My biggest take away here is that the guy does not like to play with his back to goal.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    great podcast....conte has to deliver with rom. HAS TO.

He's also already aware it's HARD AS FUCK to score in serie A
    Hope he can handle the pressure.

edit: he needs to really take some ownership and stop with the NT comparisons...
    Ownership of what? And why can't he compare the environments of the Belgian national team and his time at Manchester United?
    #FlyEaglesFly

30. Thanks (1): I'mNewHere

Serbia

I hope some of you are prepared for the inevitable.