View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1474

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Took a real nice touch to control, turn and score. Loved the physicality to shove the defender out of the way.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

2. Thanks (2): Rain, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    So we complain if he shows up and if he doesn’t..I’m loving this
    He didn't really show up, the opposite I'd say. He only had that one moment which he thankfully converted.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

4. Thanks (2): eduzee, Nothing

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    He didn't really show up, the opposite I'd say. He only had that one moment which he thankfully converted.
    Haha All Icardi's goals could have the same description.

6. Thanks (3): ElDuccio, thatdude, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by acroMacho View Post
    with the diffrence that Icardi is (a lot of times) only walking in the penalty area and waiting for the ball.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Man, i have never seen such a bad "elite' forward. His touch on the ball is absurd, he just needs to continue to score goals and hopefully when he scores enough he would want to leave and is sold for his amount.

9. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

It's incredibile how much hate he becomes, even when he scores. Then i get hated when i was complaining about Icardi because apparently goals are all what matters for a striker.
    Or this is a Lukaku hater place or people realized that goals are really not the only thing what makes a striker good. Personally (as already said) i think that the way we play Icardi would not score more goals then Lukaku has in this moment. I still agree that he needs to improve. But let's calm down, he get's treated like Gabigol or something like this, thats ridiciolous.

With Lautaro it's simliar. 1-2 bad games and he's already shit.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

If Lukaku had a great touch, we wouldn't be able to afford him. Seriously though, it's just redundant to point out obvious flaws which are well-known to us and those who signed him. What Lukaku can learn is how to better position himself and use his force in tight areas, such as his goal today.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I thought he was really good.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

13. Thanks (4): ADRossi, Lui, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    His goal was fantastic. That was a true Lukaku goal we should try to create as much as possible. Of course it was a bit rare situation as he was that free in the box. His abysmal first touch however always brings his overall performance down.

Slovak Republic

Lautaro is shit without Lukaku next to him!All defenders are focused on Romelu so Lautaro have the space to do whathever he want..But Lautaro is average Serie A forward at the best..He is nothing without Lukaku..

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by acroMacho View Post
    Completely untrue and you know it.

The only reason this appears as a fact for so many people is because almost all of our attacks started and finished with Icardi on the receiving end because everyone else was useless or far away.

Icardi never ever was so unhelpful to his teammates in attack.

Icardi also did not have such a bad awareness of the ball. He was a real fox about it and Lukaku looks so infantile in comparison that it makes me tear. Which also adds insult to this Lukaku "aerial duel" statistic. It's so moronic that the balls that none of the two (Lukaku or opponent) get to touch just does not make the data because no one really won the duel. If there was a draw (or lol moment) for aerial duels, Lukaku's numbers would probably be as high as the ones he won. It feels so amateurish, like a default PL game where the ball just bounces about until it falls to someone who's not a complete twat, yet even that pathetic spectacle has people touching the fucking ball
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Canada

Icardi would have games where he would hide behind defenders and be absolutely invisible. We can go through his thread as there would always be a discussion after he went 4-5 games of not.scoring or really doing anything in a match.

There were certain matches where he would be easily bullied out a game and almost give up. Check any away game we've played against Torino (example as their centrebacks are very physical) and you'll notice Icardi was typically invisible in those games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skrino View Post
    Lautaro is shit without Lukaku next to him!All defenders are focused on Romelu so Lautaro have the space to do whathever he want..But Lautaro is average Serie A forward at the best..He is nothing without Lukaku..
    Lautaro's best game this season alongside today's game was vs Barca where Lukaku did not play.

18. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, Wings

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

Nope, I don't think Icardi is any better than Lukaku in the build up phase... Icardi never really helped defensively, retain lost balls and so on He was the end product of others working on him. Do not get fooled by yourself just because you love Icardi and hate Lukaku.

Icardi was good heading the ball into the net, but to receive long balls ? Never ... Lukaku is good at it. He can win aerial duels 90% of the times. You are true, that some balls goes nowhere, but it is still better than if they go immediately to our opponents to counter attack (case of lost aerial duel).

I rate Icardi higher, because he is so effective in scoring and he can actually very well control the ball unlike Lukaku. But it is as it is. If Lukaku did not have those flaws, he would be 100m+ player.
    Icardi isn't 100m+ player because of his shit outside of the pitch. So the replacement isn't exactly 1 to 1 just because Lukaku costs as much as Icardi. Do not expect him to be at the same level.

With Conte we do not have to rely on 1 striker only and on top of that, Lukaku can help build up play better. Stop moaning and man up. Icardi is the past.

20. Thanks (1): PHM1605

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    It's incredibile how much hate he becomes, even when he scores. Then i get hated when i was complaining about Icardi because apparently goals are all what matters for a striker.
    Or this is a Lukaku hater place or people realized that goals are really not the only thing what makes a striker good. Personally (as already said) i think that the way we play Icardi would not score more goals then Lukaku has in this moment. I still agree that he needs to improve. But let's calm down, he get's treated like Gabigol or something like this, thats ridiciolous.

It's just because he always looks like he could do more. In the first half before his goals he lost the ball twice around the half way line, he was out muscled which should NEVER happen. That's my big complaint, he just looks like he can do more

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Icardi never ever was so unhelpful to his teammates in attack.
    Never ever? That's ridiculous. Icardi would literally sometimes barely touch the ball in some games.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Canada

Overall I think Lukaku can do much better. That was great to see on the second goal. He has to use his strength more as no defender in Serie A can handle him physically bar Koulibaly possibly.

He still doesn't look in the best shape to me, so hopefully we manage to get him fitter. We've seen his weaknesses and bad touches, but overall scoring 5 goals so far is ok imo. He's not known for being a big-game player but it would be good to see him perform in the tough away games vs. "weaker" sides that we've currently struggled against, which is why it was good to see him score vs. Cagliari (only penalty, but his pass led to the penalty) and Sassuolo.

Hope to see him improve as the season goes on. I do like the fact that he seems very capable with both feet - one of my big pet peeves are one-footed players.

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post

Yeah, lukaku just came to inter and serie a..
    He scores, not bad at all..
    Meaning he is doing fine and is still improving
    He is not flashy, but he works hard and it works.

Perhaps lukaku bashers want inzaghi's kind of striker... Well, the stat is not bad at all
    Sensi Rules!!!

26. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Skrino View Post
    Yeah,
    Our players are shitty, unlike ac milan's ones
    Sensi Rules!!!

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Personally what I'm most concerned about is how many goals were scoring as a team. And so far this season we're scoring at a better rate than we have on average for a long time. Should Lukaku being doing better given his immense physical attributes? Probably, would we be scoring more with Icardi up front? The data does not back this up regardless of whether Icardi scores more than Lukaku
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Netherlands

He had some great link up play today, including on the chance that Martinez absolutely botched. No rational human can complain about his performance today. We know he can beat up on the small clubs; we need him to put in a shift like this against Dortmund or Napoli