View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1471

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Canada

one thing i do like about him is that he doesn't play like a selfish striker

2. Thanks (1): thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Never ever? That's ridiculous. Icardi would literally sometimes barely touch the ball in some games.
    And that was better than getting in the way as Lukaku has done several times, costing us an attack or even a goal...
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    And that was better than getting in the way as Lukaku has done several times, costing us an attack or even a goal...
    I think you are one of those people here who said that without Icardi, Inter won't score any goals and will fight for regalation.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Never ever? That's ridiculous. Icardi would literally sometimes barely touch the ball in some games.
    These guys don't remember that (those) infamous match(es) where Icardi had like 9 touches of the ball in 90 minutes with 5 of them being kickoffs.

Funny enough, Mourinho was saying something interesting today regarding Man U's situation. I know that to some here, Mourinho is no longer to be taken seriously as a footballing authority or academic, but what he said made me crack a smile. "There are strikers who, when they don't score goals, their contribution to the team is close to zero. And there are strikers who, when they don't score goals, their contribution to the team is yuuuge!"

Not saying that Lukaku is the latter, but Icardi was far too often the former. In spite of that, I really would've liked him to have gotten a chance in this system, in Lukaku's place, playing as our #9 next to Lautaro in Conte's 352... But why he isn't here for that is not a debate I'm willing to reignite.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Actually we were begging to see full 90 minutes of Lautaro-Icardi last year, I think if things were different and Icardi stayed we’d have witnessed a more cohesive partnership upfront with a deadly chemistry. But Lautaro is an intelligent young fw who can adjust to changes very quickly, more playing time with Lukaku work.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    I think you are one of those people here who said that without Icardi, Inter won't score any goals and will fight for regalation.
    I think you are one of those people who just lie on the internet hoping it will result in their dick growing.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Can anyone remember during the past few years a striker to comes in our own half to collect the ball?

That first goal was pure Lukaku just a fucking beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    He had some great link up play today, including on the chance that Martinez absolutely botched. No rational human can complain about his performance today. We know he can beat up on the small clubs; we need him to put in a shift like this against Dortmund or Napoli
    He did score against PSG and Milan in the last few months, a derby is still a big game and considering how well Milan's defense was doing I think it's an accomplishment.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I think you are one of those people who just lie on the internet hoping it will result in their dick growing.
    Some people definitely predicted a doomsday after Lukaku - Icardi's change. I don't have time enough to dig back in the threads but i'm pretty sure that you were one of them. If not - please, accept my sincere apologies.

My dick is long enough.

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Some people were supposed to stop watching when Conte was hired.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Singapore

The first goal he scored against Sassuolo is what I expect him to do on a regular basis this season. But it's strange that he can't seem to pull it off at all times. With his physique, he should be able to out muscle most Serie A defenders, but that isn't always the case apparently. He seems kinda soft for a 'battering ram'. I was expecting to see a lot of what he did to Azpilicueta. But regardless, he has not been bad. I can see him scoring 20+ goals this season, which isn't bad for a debut season in a different league.

13. Thanks (2): Universe, varmin

Serbia

There was a sequence of play before the Lautaro chance to make it 2-0 where Lukaku was played a long ball and he went for it and jumped like he was in delay. It was almost a copy paste from the one against Cagliari was it? His timing is so fucking wank it's crazy. But then again he at least scored so all is good i suppose.

15. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    Some people were supposed to stop watching when Conte was hired.
    "Some people" watching Conte's Inter
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

17. Thanks (4): forzainter257, MVD, varmin, wera

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Can we put this retarded discussion to an end? What good does it do to accuse one another over lukaku/icardi and conte?

For fucks sake we re all inter fans and i m sure all of us cheer when we win no matter who the coach is or who the fucken striker is!
    I did not want conte here but not cause of footballing reasons but because of tradition and because i just dont like him and never will. Does this mean that i wont celebrate if he wins stuff with us of course fucking not, i m also more then capable to say that he did a great job thus far, way better then i expected even though i never questioned his abilities as a coach.

On the other hand do i have to love a coach who wins a coupe of games and maybe even a couple of trophies even though i know deep down he is a jubentino?
    I do not think i have to fucken say that i like him as a person, as i stated multiple times this guy was defenatly on jubes side when it came to calciopoli and this guy was and is still a friend of moggi and i just cannot like such a person.

But i m grown enough to accept that he s a good coach and he s easily the best since mou so as long as our team performs i will support him but i ll never like him and the feeling will never be the same as it was with mou which btw is totally fine.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by tonyclifton View Post
    The first goal he scored against Sassuolo is what I expect him to do on a regular basis this season. But it's strange that he can't seem to pull it off at all times. With his physique, he should be able to out muscle most Serie A defenders, but that isn't always the case apparently. He seems kinda soft for a 'battering ram'. I was expecting to see a lot of what he did to Azpilicueta. But regardless, he has not been bad. I can see him scoring 20+ goals this season, which isn't bad for a debut season in a different league.
    He is indeed inexplicably poor at imposing his physique, though we knew that long before we signed him. That first goal of his against Sassuolo is how he should play for 90 minutes of every single game - tying up defenders and exploiting his massive size. If he can do at least that more regularly, we'll have an important asset. Big 'if' though, because people have been saying that for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    "Some people" watching Conte's Inter
    I had that exact same remote control for my family's TV back in the 90's.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Regardless of how his touches were, he scored which is basically what we ask for. The first goal he scored, is how we should play with hil upfront. Surely, without Sensi we lack the ability to come that close to the opposite area and give him a decent enough ball that he doesn't bottle his first touch but De Vrij was given so much space, and he is a very good ball playing CB. After that then everything relies on how he can screen the defender and finish. Which he did, with his weak foot as well so props to him for that. Props to De Vrij as well, playing like a beast lately.

Not much to say about the PK, knowing how Consigli is against us usually, I was surprised he didn't make 30 saves in the game while saving the two penalties and scoring a bicycle kick.

I think at this point, it's impossible for Lukaku to improve his technique on the ball, he just has to keep using his massive body. He is a good enough finisher, and also likes to play for his teammates.

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

It is apparent there is a Napoleon complex going on here , we have all seen the ancient Greek statues and Art work ... Hahahha

Vietnam

My hookers always tell me my dick is huge, but I still have a feeling they arent honest. Still give them a few more bucks every time they say so tho.

24. Thanks (5): Dylan, MVD, Universe, wera, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    My hookers always tell me my dick is huge, but I still have a feeling they arent honest. Still give them a few more bucks every time they say so tho.

Meh, everyone knows Bulgarians are racists at this point anyway
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Meh, everyone knows Bulgarians are racists at this point anyway
    I was going to make a joke about it when you confused that Giada woman with some other Asian Giada on instagram but it would've been too easy. And I only like things that are rock hard.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27. Thanks (4): Howl, Javier'sSon, MVD, Wobblz

Sweden

Looked tired all game, still think he is improving his game all the time.

29. Thanks (1): thatdude