View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 111 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2301

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Thank you for *-ing out the bad words.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It paid off? By being in the Europa League?
    no, but being 2 points behind Juve and challenging Juve for the scudetto, by scoring a lot of goals and playing every game, without complaing about he's salary, without faking a injury for 2 months, without talking bulllshit in a ridiciolous Tv show.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

4. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Sensi+Eriksen

Russian Federation

its our level, get used to that
    Inter Banter era 2011-

Inter Suning 2018/19
    wages -190m players-95m other-180m
    gate+45m commercial+145m tv+140m other+45m

grande

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Colombia

Yeaaaa like how Icardi got us to last CL 16 last year.....

8. Thanks (1): PHM1605

Fav. Player
    #4, Recoba,Eto

England

We need to sell him he's too fat.

Straight swap for Llorente. Get it done Morrata
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    no, but being 2 points behind Juve and challenging Juve for the scudetto, by scoring a lot of goals and playing every game, without complaing about he's salary, without faking a injury for 2 months, without talking bulllshit in a ridiciolous Tv show.
    Why would he complain about getting 9m a year?

Would you say Lautaro is an ingrate fuck if he complains about his measly 1.5m deal when Giroud will be getting 4m?
    Why hasn't Lautaro signed an extension that was discussed with him in August yet? Does he want to join Juventus as well? What are you guys going to invent when Lautaro becomes "irrational" about his status at the club?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    its our level, get used to that
    That's an unfortunate truth for the time being, especially with 300+ committed in one single summer.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

11. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Lautaro will sign a new contract when marotta points is umbrella with knife tip at him.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Why hasn't Lautaro signed an extension that was discussed with him in August yet? Does he want to join Juventus as well? What are you guys going to invent when Lautaro becomes "irrational" about his status at the club?

- - - Updated - - -
    What means "discussed"? Have you been on the "discussion"? That is just a not confirmed rumor and you're acting like Lautaro turned down a concrete offer.

That's an unfortunate truth for the time being, especially with 300+ committed in one single summer.
    Pff, How you calculate those 300+ ?
    You always complaining about the spending of last summer. What is problem with you? Are you paying those money from your own pocket? If Marotta spent some money that means that he very well knows what he is doing. This guy is not some amateurish hawker who was picked randomly up by the management.

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Thought I'll post this in both threads

They are in great form, buy if they don't win anything here. People will forget
    Borja Rules!!!

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    Complaining about his salary? That's the dumbest arguement you can make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    At this point if anybody complains about this transfer (not his deficiencies, cause there is no perfect/ideal player in the world) overall, he is out of his mind and proof positive that there is nothing this man can do that would change his mind. He can bang 50 goals, and there would be immidietly phrases like "most were tap ins" or "most were against weak opponents". But the stats speak for themselves.

Amazing, amazing transfer. It was expensive, but it paid off DEFFINIETLY. Not only that, a great person, great character and personality. A breath of fresh air after the previous idiot with no9 shirt.
    Funny that you mentioned about stats, stats show that this guy doesnt show up in big games.

Hes doing great for what we are aiming for this season but I'm not gonna give him a medal for scoring against smaller oppositions. Scoring against smaller oppositions wins can win you the league (ibra), but if you want to win or at least aim for quarter final of CL you gotta have someone who can score in big games. I do see Lautaro doing that consistently for the next few season (if he decides to stick around)

Fav. Player
    #4, Recoba,Eto

England

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    Our problems are mostly midfield problems. Instead of blaming one striker, maybe you need to take a closer look at the huge gap between our midfield and those of other rivals. Instead of trying to find a waldo, try to look at the big picture.
    Dude still just can't get over his Argentinian boyfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    Hes doing great for what we are aiming for this season but I'm not gonna give him a medal for scoring against smaller oppositions. Scoring against smaller oppositions wins can win you the league (ibra), but if you want to win or at least aim for quarter final of CL you gotta have someone who can score in big games. I do see Lautaro doing that consistently for the next few season (if he decides to stick around)
    I would rather win the league than being in the QF in CL. People don't remember who the fuck played in a CL QF. People only remember winners.

France

From my perspective, we all won.

Icardi seems to enjoy himself at Paris, his relation with Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria is fine. I never hatd him though I understand why Inter fans are upset with him. But he gave us some very nice moments with this shirt.

And on the other side I am really happy to have Lukaku, nice guy, always fighting, cheering, encouraging, our players are always like "Put the damn ball in the air and let Lukaku do the dirty work", it's really an ungrateful task and he's doing it. Whithout all this hard work, Lautaro would not have been so deadly.

So I am quite happy, everyboy wins.

Though we didn't make it in the CL, don't forget that we ain't no finished product, we still have room for improvment internally (progression) and externally (aquisitions).

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Apparently Conte is livid with him.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

20. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I think icardi is miserable and still has an eye on inter. The chick who doesnt love him back.

Scoring the 4th goal in 6-0 beatings probably isnt challenging enough.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    What means "discussed"? Have you been on the "discussion"? That is just a not confirmed rumor and you're acting like Lautaro turned down a concrete offer.

It means they sat down on the table and didn't reach a deal. A little later, Barcelona came to the picture making us bids for the 2020-21 season which we rejected. But I don't see Lautaro very adamant about sticking around if our management stops considering him just a roster player and not a star. And Giroud being offered 250% more than Lautaro's current deal is just a message to the Argentine that we don't give a fuck about him. Expendable as everyone else is.

As for the 300+. It's easy math, I won't bother now but we can do it when the window closes and we have the full data available.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    It means they sat down on the table and didn't reach a deal. A little later, Barcelona came to the picture making us bids for the 2020-21 season which we rejected. But I don't see Lautaro very adamant about sticking around if our management stops considering him just a roster player and not a star. And Giroud being offered 250% more than Lautaro's current deal is just a message to the Argentine that we don't give a fuck about him. Expendable as everyone else is.
    I didn't see any reliable information about that but it's possible that i missed something. Anyway, not reaching a deal doesn't necessary means that the whole blame is on management. Depends of the demands of Lautaro's agent or it's even possible he's intentionally waiting for the end of the season just to see if there is a real chance to send Lautaro to Barca, City or Madrid. Or to asking for unacceptable for Inter, release clause or too high salary.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Apparently Conte is livid with him.
    eh?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Exclusive: Romelu Lukaku talks racism, Antonio Conte and life at Inter Milan

Former Manchester United striker also speaks about his happiness in Italy after leaving the Premier League; full interview is available on Sky On Demand now

Romelu Lukaku discusses racism in football, leaving the Premier League and life in Italy as he sits down with Sky Sports News reporter Paul Gilmour..

Lukaku has called on footballers to take more responsibility on the pitch when it comes to racism.

He also explains how he decided it was time to move on from Manchester United and rediscover himself after seeing first-team opportunities limited under new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The Belgium international reveals the impact Antonio Conte has had on his career since he arrived at Inter and how the Italian became the first manager to give him the hairdryer treatment after a "trash" performance.

Lukaku also talks about what life at United could have been like under Jose Mourinho if all the manager's demands had been met.

There have been some high-profile incidents of racism across Europe. How do you feel when you see and hear all of that?
    I think last year was a sad year for the world in general, lots of unnecessary incidents happened, especially in football where I'm really watching this happening.

This year we have to do better and we need to take action. We need to educate people. Education is key - I'm lucky that I have been to school and I've been in a school where we had over 50 different nationalities.

I never tried to discriminate anyone, it didn't matter - religion, race, sexuality - it didn't matter to me. If you're cool to me, I'm cool to you. That's a lesson that I will teach my son, that nobody is different, everybody is the same. You just have to respect each other. If the person doesn't like you, just don't talk to him.

But if he's cool with you, then you can hang around him. In football, what happened to me, to Mario [Balotelli], or to [Miralem] Pjanic - for me Italy is a beautiful country to live in. But Italy has such a potential to be a great league like it used to, but we have to work together to keep those ignorant people out of the stadium. It happened in Holland as well, when I watched a game in the second division.

I spoke to the guy that it happened to where they stopped the games for one minute, I spoke to the guy and said, 'You did well to walk off the pitch and to celebrate in front of those ignorant people'. I think we need to take things into our own hands.

I don't think we should leave it to the federations. Holland did a great job, they did a fantastic job with all of their players. Sometimes in other countries we, as players, have to take matters into our own hands.

We've heard about Romelu the footballer. How would you describe Romelu the person?
    You know where he stands, you get what you see. If I don't like you I won't talk to you. I have a tight circle and people know that. I'm a family guy, I look after my mum, my son and my brother and the rest of my family in the best way that I can.

That, for me, is my main motivation and still is to this day. I'm very much a family guy - I'm home all of the time. That's me, I'm a simple guy. I like to have fun in the summer and when I come back in the summer it's work mode. For me, I have the perfect separation of having fun and being the family guy and the father.

What has changed this season compared to last season?
    I think I had to rediscover myself. Last year was difficult for me on the professional side, because stuff was not going how I wanted and I was not performing as well.

So I had to find it within myself what was lacking and came to the conclusion that it was time for me to change environment.

I made my decision around March, and I went to the manager's office and told him it was time for me to find something else.

I wasn't performing and I wasn't playing. I think it was better for both sides to go separate ways. I think I made the right decision.

Manchester United has made space for the younger players to come through so I think it was a win-win situation for both of us.

There's a real excitement here with the title race. How much is Antonio Conte driving that?
    It's more like people around us are excited. But we as players in the dressing room are focused on the work we have to do because the manager is on us every day.

It's a good thing to see because I remember in the first training sessions when I was there, the physical work I was not used to this.

We are talking about the Premier League being physically the toughest league, but the training sessions that we do - nobody trains as hard as us. Never. You're really at your fittest.

For me, I remember the first two weeks when I came, I spoke to my agent and said, 'I'm suffering a lot in training because I never did this type of work'. But Conte is always there at the sidelines encouraging every player to do the work.

When I was looking around me no one was moaning, everyone was getting on with it. So for me it was something special because sometimes coaches are on the sidelines making jokes because you can't do it.

But he is there on the sideline wanting you to do more, encouraging you to do more. It can be as hard as you imagine, but no player will give up because he will give you that energy to keep going. That shows in the intensity on the pitch.

We are the team that runs the most, we create a lot of chances and we have a great defence because we don't give up until the end. It's great to see and for me it was like, 'finally my full potential can come out'.

Conte is not a man you want to disappoint, is he?
    No, you don't. He says it openly also. The manager, he tells it straight to your face if you're doing well or wrong.

I remember one of my first Champions League games against Slavia Prague when I played really bad - like I was trash that day - and I really got it from him in front of the whole team.

It had never really happened to me [in my career]. It had never happened.

Was he throwing things, kicking things?
    No, just telling me that I was really trash and that he would take me off after five minutes if I would have done it again.

It's little things like that. And we played the Milan derby just after that and I played one of my best games of the season.

He just gave me that - he stepped on my confidence but it woke me up at the same time. He does it to everybody, it doesn't matter who you are. Everybody is equal.

You work hard, you train hard and you play. If you don't do what he says, you don't play. You know where you stand - and that's what I respect about him.

Which managers have got the best out of you?
    I think Roberto Martinez, Ronald Koeman and now Antonio Conte. I think Jose Mourinho - if he would have had the players that he wanted, he would have done better than what we did.

Steve Clarke, massive mention to him, because he gave me the opportunity to play in the Premier League aged 19.

And obviously my first coach at Anderlecht, Ariel Jacobs, who gave me the chance when I'd barely turned 16. He called me from school, they called me like, 'Yo, you have to come with the first team', and he played me straight away.

Those are the coaches that forever I will respect them.

At the end of the day, I'm always an open-minded guy and at the end of the day, as a footballer, you have to do what your manager asks.

I've never had any problem with any manager I've had - it shows my professionalism and my willingness to work.

Where are you at your most dangerous?
    I think I can score with either foot and [my] head. In the box, when I get crosses into the box, [I am] pretty dangerous.

When there is a lot of movement around me, here and with the Belgian national team, I am at my best because then I can create myself and I can be at the end of the delivery.

Right now, the systems we are playing, here at Inter with the 3-5-2, and with the Belgium national team in a 3-4-3 with players close to me.

Here [at Inter] we play in a system where you have to be in a certain position but at the end of the day, if you stand in the right position, you get chances.

It is different with the Belgian national team, where there is much more freedom but I have more players around me.

Both systems are really beneficial and I think everything is falling into place but I have to keep working because there is always competition.

For me I just have the mentality of waking up every morning and trying to get better every day.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...at-inter-milan
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

26. Thanks (4): MVD, Strale, thatdude, Wings

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Conte is not a man you want to disappoint, is he?
    No, you don't. He says it openly also. The manager, he tells it straight to your face if you're doing well or wrong.

I remember one of my first Champions League games against Slavia Prague when I played really bad - like I was trash that day - and I really got it from him in front of the whole team.

It had never really happened to me [in my career]. It had never happened.

Was he throwing things, kicking things?
    No, just telling me that I was really trash and that he would take me off after five minutes if I would have done it again.
    Inter should hire Brehme for this job. He'll trash Lukaku like nobody else before.

28. Thanks (2): bolo, Candreva Crosses