View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2220

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Yes, we should've scored from those. He has to take most of the blame for it. But hell, he doesn't deserve to be shitted on by everybody now. He is still a good player who will be an important factor for us this season.
    I don't know, I think it's the right amount of shit for qualifying us to the Europa League lol

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If he's a player who can help against the smaller teams, then I'm all for it. It isn't his problem that there is no striker on the bench who can't take his place.

Also look at all the chances. Everything in the game was created by Lautaro and Lukaku and their interplay. Give the guys a break when the midfield is not even present, the team has none of the ball, and you have to create and grab a chance in the few moments where you get close to the ball.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

3. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

If we're counting the score by goals that should be converted then we should've won 12-4 yesterday, easily.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    TBH, I didn't see anything particularly out of the usual. Yes, he is frustrating at times but there was nothing new.
    This!!
    Thats just romelu and i m not hating but he s always been like this throughout his career. He ll fuck up chances and he ll have horrible touches, but that does not take away the good sides of his game his buildup and hold up against barca was not bad there where a couple of good attacks that started from his work.

Not saying he did not have a bad game or he should not have put away those chances, but to act like he s shit is just hilarious. The guy sits on 12 goals in 20 games in all competition and i m gonna say the same thing i said when defending icardi a strikers main objective is to score goals and he did a pretty good job at that thus far.

You might not like him or his playing style but to act like he s shit is just dumb.....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Netherlands

I'm just tired of his laziness. Being caught offside because he doesn't hustle back. Standing around pointing at his teammates while Borja Valero is pressing the CB for him.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I'm just tired of his laziness. Being caught offside because he doesn't hustle back. Standing around pointing at his teammates while Borja Valero is pressing the CB for him.
    Kind of agreed, him being in stupid offside position yesterday when he could have just gotten back on side in time was what probably pissed me off the most yesterday.

But then again are we fans not overreacting a bit does not every single CF in the world do the pointing? Does not every CF seemingly stand in a offside when he could have rushed back on side from time to time?

Not saying he should not improve there but it just what it is. And i m sure we d criticize the likes of Cavani and Lewa for the exact same thing even though they are the superior strikers imho.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

8. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Nope. Plenty of strikers are far more alert and attentive than him. It's mental sharpness and desire.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Thanks (4): CafeCordoba, Howl, Linege, rfU

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Should I bother to mention the solid passing and crosses, or when he put Valero through down the middle? Or are the spears already out?

"Madonna...é un macello qua"

12. Thanks (4): Adriano@10, Jacquez, Kova10, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Nope. Plenty of strikers are far more alert and attentive than him. It's mental sharpness and desire.
    I m nt saying he should not improve on this i m saying better CF s still do this especially the pointing and that i ve seen plenty of times where a Cavani a Lewa a Kane a Icardi A suarez did not bother to rush back and ruin an attack because of it. I also want to point out that Lukaku was especially bad at rushing back against Barca.

My point is we re exaggerating people make it sound like he only stood around in offside positions and missed chances which is not true. It s also not true that he is this bad at coming back from offside positions all the time.Yes it is a weakness of his and yes he should improve it but thats about it Imho.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Seriously... we didnt spend 70m on him to miss those easy chances. Very very very disappointed.
    Seriously, we didn`t spend €70m on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    I'll let it slide if we win the scudetto. But if we don't, this was a terrible move.
    €65m in 5 installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Macktk View Post
    One more thing. For the love of god almighty, please mind the god damn offside trap.
    This is what drove me crazy! This is just being lazy/unattentive. His positioning created those off-side situations, so he needs to work harder and be more agile/mobile.

I understand he is not a clinical striker but he should focus better and be more efficient, especially when playing on this level. I mean he`s the club record transfer fee and earns the highest wage of the entire squad, high expectations are normal. Let`s hope he can win us a trophy in his 1st season.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

15. Thanks (1): GenDire

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's an 80m transfer. For crying out loud, stop sugarcoating it.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Stop being bias. You choose to believe Daily Mail rather than Conte's own words?

https://www.90min.com/posts/6441978-...s-payment-plan

"Let's not forget Lukaku cost €65m to be paid over five years, so when people talk about big money spent, it wasn't even that much."

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    What sugarcoating? Check the facts, even Transfermarkt shows the same info. What`s your source?

19. Thanks (1): PHM1605

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    What sugarcoating? Check the facts, even Transfermarkt shows the same info. What`s your source?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49146040

His agency also announced an 80m transfer.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Hmm. Iirc, his agency said its 65 mils in 5 years with potential bonuses that could reach 80 mils. Not sure what are those bonuses tho.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

So Conte lied about the money spent on Lukaku Come on...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

23. Thanks (2): MVD, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Right. I think its 65 as most reported. But in the end, people will believe what suits them.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF

Why would I believe UK source? UK are usually rubbish on transfer news. I`ll go with Transfermarkt & what Conte said.

Agency might have counted their commission / Lukaku`s signing on-fee as well? We are talking about the transfer fee.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Vietnam

Your link didnt show he said. Source for the direct quote please?

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Should I bother to mention the solid passing and crosses, or when he put Valero through down the middle? Or are the spears already out?

Why can't both be true?

You can't criticise one aspect of someone's game without people yelling to point out something else good they did. If Handanovic made 10 world class saves, then kicked the ball into his own net, he's still kicked the fucking ball into his own net. 10 world class saves doesn't change that.

Lukaku did plenty of good yesterday. Some good passing, movement, hold up play and a goal too. He also missed several sitters that a paraplegic would've scored. He also displays a very regular tendency of being very slow to get back onside, another thing that cost us.

For me he had a mixed performance. Unfortunately due to the result, the missed sitters weigh more heavily than the goal scored or the solid passing.

As for his transfer fee, €65m + 15m bonuses or €80m, same shit. Keep in mind though, he's represented by fucking Roc Nation Sports. If there's one agency to talk up the larger sum, they're it.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯