View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2218

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by eduzee View Post
    The thing is that we overpaid A LOT for Romelu and I doubt he will ever be able to justify his transfer fee.
    Lukaku didn't even cost much, especially when its a player from PL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Conte says its 65m. He knows the contract details. So its not 80m. Who cares about UK sources when they dont know shit about what the bonus is? (neither do you)

Based on your logic, are you saying ManUtd paid 80m on Martial in 2016 when the bonus is Ballon d’or winning or some bullshit like that?
    Brehme is always correct. He probably knows somebody who knows Lukaku's father.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    No player with this price tag and his age would ever justify the price. So we need to move on.
    Price I agree about being too high, but what about his age? He's only 26.

4. Thanks (4): eduzee, Glass box, MVD, Wobblz

China

I'm talking to those who believe investing in Lukaku is a failure

Guys, wake up,Lukaku is certainly one of the best options at this moment, any striker who got better quality would cost
    at least €90 million and Inter is certainly short of funds.

In the history, we had so many more talented strikers like Zalatan, Adriano, Vieri.... but in most seasons we did not even enter the quarter final.
    Why??

We've been counting on strikers so much that we forgot the basics of a team's formation is to consolidate the midfield, Inter does not have enough skillful players in midfield even in this season. We should've spent more budget to buy midfielders from La Liga, Premier League or Serie A, they should either have all-around abilities or ball controlling skill.

I cannot imagine a team claiming to prosper but keep having players like Vecino, Biraghi and Balero in the squad, this is totally wrong.

6. Thanks (3): delaurentis, eduzee, firmino

Italy

I agree, we probably didn't try hard enough to get more skillful midfielders. To be fair though, we should also consider that we did try to sell the vecinos and Valeros, but we simply couldn't, as there was either no one buying them or they weren't willing to move.

We must try harder to get quality, but it couldn't be done in just one transfer window.

It's paramount that we avoid making mistakes in the future, we should only go for few but quality players .
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by onslaught39 View Post
    I'm talking to those who believe investing in Lukaku is a failure

Guys, wake up,Lukaku is certainly one of the best options at this moment, any striker who got better quality would cost
    at least €90 million and Inter is certainly short of funds.

In the history, we had so many more talented strikers like Zalatan, Adriano, Vieri.... but in most seasons we did not even enter the quarter final.
    Why??

We've been counting on strikers so much that we forgot the basics of a team's formation is to consolidate the midfield, Inter does not have enough skillful players in midfield even in this season. We should've spent more budget to buy midfielders from La Liga, Premier League or Serie A, they should either have all-around abilities or ball controlling skill.

I cannot imagine a team claiming to prosper but keep having players like Vecino, Biraghi and Balero in the squad, this is totally wrong.
    You pay a certain amount for a player knowing that he will perform according to the price tag that came with him. Now, is he performing like he is worth 70-80m? Can you sell him in the market for this value? If the answer is no to both questions, and it is, then we've made a loss on this buy. Then we need to answer only one other question to decide whether we should keep him or not. Can a change in formation or midfield players help him perform as expected? My own opinion, no. He didn't do well in Manchester and he hasn't been a breeze here, except for a a couple of matches to be fair.

In any case, and because we don't really have any choice, our midfield should look better in the second half of the season with new signings and injured players returning. And that SHOULD be his last chance. If he continues like that, we must sell him in the summer.

So far he has been very lucky that Lautaro is there to make us look good on he offence and shift attention from his blunders.
    Impazzisco per te -------------------- Nerazzurri alč alč

"Never unshaven, never a hair out of place – it's as if his discipline on the field is reflected in the image Javier wants to give of himself."

10. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

They seem to be complimenting eachother quite well, actually.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Seriously... we didnt spend 70m on him to miss those easy chances. Very very very disappointed.
    tipical..he's playing really good in this last games and then right when he does mistakes in one game i have to read such stupid comment... fuck that man.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

13. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    tipical..he's playing really good in this last games and then right when he does mistakes in one game i have to read such stupid comment... fuck that man.
    You and JJM (and many more) have been sucking Lukaku’s dick too hard lately, please give him a break.

Yes he’s been playing well in the last couple of games, and then? Should we just keep silent when he goes missing 2 easy chances in the most important game of the season? If that’s case mighy as well close his thread whenever he plays bad. Every player has the right to be praised and CRITICIZED. You guys act like I want him out of the club. Lukaku is our biggest signing and is automatically our number one player, hence he should more decisive in those important games, he cant miss sitters every other game and gets no criticism just because he played 10 good games before.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Are you fucking kidding me. This dude made a good as a start of a season as fucking Ronaldo. The only thing you all should do is suck his dick and hope the sucking will make him keep the form all fucking season.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

16. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, MVD

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If you think he’s doing as good as Ronaldo, chances are:

1. You haven’t watched Lukaku and are looking at numbers and tweets
    2. You haven’t watched Ronaldo
    3. You are just an idiot
    Dr. Marotta

China

Quote Originally Posted by Macktk View Post
    You pay a certain amount for a player knowing that he will perform according to the price tag that came with him. Now, is he performing like he is worth 70-80m? Can you sell him in the market for this value? If the answer is no to both questions, and it is, then we've made a loss on this buy. Then we need to answer only one other question to decide whether we should keep him or not. Can a change in formation or midfield players help him perform as expected? My own opinion, no. He didn't do well in Manchester and he hasn't been a breeze here, except for a a couple of matches to be fair.

In any case, and because we don't really have any choice, our midfield should look better in the second half of the season with new signings and injured players returning. And that SHOULD be his last chance. If he continues like that, we must sell him in the summer.

So far he has been very lucky that Lautaro is there to make us look good on he offence and shift attention from his blunders.
    I heard the details of his transaction is Inter has to pay around €5million for the loan and €65 in 5 years for the installment, right? According to market inflation and his performance in this season, I should say this is a good deal for both of the clubs, mate. Lukaku did not do very well in Manchester because he was isolated by other attackers like Rushford and Lingard, there was a certain inconsistency in their playstyles and characteristics.

Right now, Lukaku and Lautaro created most of the chances while we have temporarily lost Barella and Sensi, it's not like Lautaro wiping his ass all time, their performances are inter-linked and inter-twined. There is chemistry between these two strikers that made our team reach this far. Do you still remember the last CL game? that beautiful pass Lukaku did simply made us win. Without, Lukaku, Lautaro could not be performing so well like now.

The most significant deficiency we have is our midfielders, we need to buy some qualified players.
    You can list the names of those better or equal clubs, their midfielders are generally better than ours, it's a critical issue.

19. Thanks (2): eduzee, varmin

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Last edited by monster09; 14 Dec 19 at 05:44. Reason: Already discussed in previous page

21. Thanks (1): MVD

China

You won't really know whether Lukaku will be better or not if new midfielders are signed, but Inter will surely be better and have more options to play against different teams. When Lukaku is shut down, there should be other players taking the chance, we need players who can score and organize the midfield.

23. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

It is not just about him being shut down by defenders, it's more related to his finishing, positioning and handling. None of those have been eye popping so far. He is performing in the same way he did in Manchester, and he flopped there. Again, his only excuse now is our lousy midfield, and that should be fixed by January.
    Impazzisco per te -------------------- Nerazzurri alč alč

"Never unshaven, never a hair out of place – it's as if his discipline on the field is reflected in the image Javier wants to give of himself."

China

It is not just about him being shut down by defenders, it's more related to his finishing, positioning,
    and handling. None of those have been eye popping so far. He is performing in the same way he did in Manchester, and he flopped there. Again, his only excuse now is our lousy midfield, and that should be fixed by January.
    He certainly has problems handling some situations, his limitations made his value reach only €70m and we are not rich enough to afford a player better than him. I mean every player has his limitations, the only fact we have is our midfielders are probably the worst in the big clubs, especially those bench players.
    When Lukaku or Lautaro miss some shots, nobody else can stand up and create enough chances, that's why we cannot proceed to the knockout stage.

26. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Alot of arguments are inadvertantly making the case that Lukaku is more valuable than Lautaro, if you consider that Lulaku has a higher conversion rate 1:4, 1:6 respectively. Lukaku also plays in wider areas, and has less natural talent than Lautaro.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's a sport of intangibles, yet scoring matters the most. Even so, a player shouldn't be judged based on the number of goals he scores but more of what he brings to the table.

And Lautaro brings much more to the table than Lukaku thus far this season.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

29. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, eduzee

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Well then the fancy misses and link up play must be attributed to the 80 million jump in value.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Sshhhhh, before you start, please no crisicm allowed for our 65m boy.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    Gotta bury those chances, fucking place the shot instead of blasting it full on towards the keeper.
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini