View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1068

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    The price was 65m€ + 10m€ bonuses. Then 5% sell-on fee (which will be nothing).

With that price, you are expected to get more than space-creator (in big matches). In today's market.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    His agency said it was a 80m deal. It's actually one of the few parties who are liable for taxation on that deal so I doubt there is much incentive in inflating the true value unless you think they are in some sort of production industry where people will keep buying their stuff because they sell well...

When did Conte reveal the transfer figure? And why does even 63m make it ok when the guy is barely worth half of that?
    Maybe during a press conference?

https://www.goal.com/it/notizie/inte...s1sv55547o1dk0

Half of that weren't you supposed to stop watching this season?
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The link has a short video of Conte saying that Lukaku is still 26 and has room to improve, that he arrived late, that he smiles a lot etc. Didn't hear Conte say 63m anywhere. And the link has a quote mentioning 65m.

And no, I never said I'll stop watching. I said I'll not renew season tickets and generally not provide the club with any indirect funding of this travesty by boycotting tickets and products.

But if this transfer is going to make me an alcoholic every time I see him in an important fixture I might as well stop watching.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

You know what quote marks mean right? If you want you can find the full press conference where he said it, it was before Cagliari.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

Greece

Look, I know what has been said. The point is, it's just words. The only official source so far is the player's agency. The clubs itself did not disclose the transfer fee and saying on the media shit like 65m payable over 5 years is just noise for the sake of making noise.

Would you say that Vecino was a 24m transfer or "we bought him with 24m payable over 3 years"?
    Would you say that Joao Mario was a 45m transfer or "we bought him for 40m payable over 4 years + 5 in bonuses"?
    Would you say that Kondogbia was transferred for 35m or "we bought him for 31m payable over 3 years + bonuses"?

Why do we have to say it with Lukaku? Are we so embarrassed about this deal that we have to appease the fanbase that it was actually a decent deal? Why didn't we do that publicly with all other transfers? Why doesn't the club say that the only cash-only up front deals we made from the existing players are counted in one hand's fingers?

The fact that everyone wants to claim that we paid less for him yet still maintaining that club record fee and how everyone acts as if 65 from 75-80 is that much of a difference for expectations we should have from such a transfer just shows how terrible this deal is to begin with.

The transfer was also made in GBP, not EUR, and that's the currency we'll be paying his former club with. It's a £73m transfer. Period.

Now what's next? His salary?
    He gets 8.5m net, another 500k based on appearances and then there's another 1m in bonuses which could be split into a small amount of goals scored, team targets and that kind of stuff. So we are basically paying him 9-10m a year. Would you say that we are paying him only 2.5m because he came in late August too?

Conte uomo di merda

6. Thanks (4): chipschups, Devious, n4l, Rimpel

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

10 years of FIF
    He's playing exactly like he did in United so far, completely useless in big games. A big letdown and my expectations were already extremely low. But I'm not that worried right now as long as we have Sanchez, hopefully Conte has the balls to bench Lukaku.
    Last edited by Rimpel; 10 Oct 19 at 10:11.

8. Thanks (1): A.l.i

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    All annoying stuff about Brehme aside, he had a point about Lukaku (performance wise) so far. We will see if Lukaku improves in the future.

10. Thanks (2): MVD, varmin

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

Okay so lets be clear for now we dont consider Milan a big club and the Milan derby is not an important match?

I for one believe the Milan derby is a huge game irrespective of the league position of both the clubs and the personnel at hand because the emotions of the game are very important for me and Lukaku did turn up in the game whilst also making his typical mistakes.

My only problem with this would be Conte refuses to bench him if Lautaro-Alexis form a solid partnership and i would like to see Conte give them a proper go to see if that works and not get bogged down by Lukaku's price tag.That would also tell us a lot about Conte's guts.Interesting days ahead.

12. Thanks (1): Sassuolu

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's a huge game emotionally and pressure-wise but the opponent is not huge => Lukaku can cope with the opponent because they are actually not that good football players. In real huge game (Juventus) Lukaku was just shit.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

Look, I know what has been said. The point is, it's just words. The only official source so far is the player's agency. The clubs itself did not disclose the transfer fee and saying on the media shit like 65m payable over 5 years is just noise for the sake of making noise.

Would you say that Vecino was a 24m transfer or "we bought him with 24m payable over 3 years"?
    Would you say that Joao Mario was a 45m transfer or "we bought him for 40m payable over 4 years + 5 in bonuses"?
    Would you say that Kondogbia was transferred for 35m or "we bought him for 31m payable over 3 years + bonuses"?

Why do we have to say it with Lukaku? Are we so embarrassed about this deal that we have to appease the fanbase that it was actually a decent deal? Why didn't we do that publicly with all other transfers? Why doesn't the club say that the only cash-only up front deals we made from the existing players are counted in one hand's fingers?

The fact that everyone wants to claim that we paid less for him yet still maintaining that club record fee and how everyone acts as if 65 from 75-80 is that much of a difference for expectations we should have from such a transfer just shows how terrible this deal is to begin with.

The transfer was also made in GBP, not EUR, and that's the currency we'll be paying his former club with. It's a £73m transfer. Period.

Now what's next? His salary?
    He gets 8.5m net, another 500k based on appearances and then there's another 1m in bonuses which could be split into a small amount of goals scored, team targets and that kind of stuff. So we are basically paying him 9-10m a year. Would you say that we are paying him only 2.5m because he came in late August too?
    I just corrected you for saying 80 million Euros. This deal was done because Conte a world class manager wanted him, you're not smarter than Conte in judging players I'm sorry if that's news to you and I am proud to have Lukaku in my team.

On the pitch I think he's been good overall, he's scored 3 goals already, he works hard for the team and he's fit in well in the group. I can think of the goal in the derby, when he came on against Samp, also the Lecce game where he had a very good performance and he also came up big vs Cagliari. I don't know what more people want from him considering that he didn't kick a ball in preseason and we're two months into a new season. The Juve performance wasn't too good but it wasn't as bad some are framing it, my God in this place you're either Maradona or Schelotto there is no middle ground.

I know you guys love having a scapegoat, but sweet Jesus it's annoying.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

15. Thanks (1): delaurentis

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Maybe coaches get shit wrong more times than not... Even the best ones

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Well they do. Quaresma with Mourinho.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    He cost 65m€ (+10m€), so he's expected to be very good. He hasn't been very good. Being good against Lecce doesn't require 65-75m€ price tag. Coach wanting a certain player desperately is one thing, but giving in to all the demands is just foolish. No matter how world class manager he is.

Lukaku is not a scapegoat. Lukaku is a good striker with a too big price tag paid.

18. Thanks (1): delaurentis

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    Well they do. Quaresma with Mourinho.
    Quaresma at the time was touted as the new CR7, he also resurrected himself with Porto and Portgual..also Figo recommended him to Inter as his replacement. Not Jose's fault he failed here, he also never did well with another big team after he left.

Greece

Quaresma was not the new Cristiano, Quaresma has always been considered the greatest talent of the two. And he remains a greater talent. He's just never become the better player.

Failed at Barcelona and here. Just not a big team player.

Conte uomo di merda

21. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, rfU, thatdude

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Quaresma was not the new Cristiano, Quaresma has always been considered the greatest talent of the two. And he remains a greater talent. He's just never become the better player.

I meant in terms of performance, he def was the more talented and earned a Barca transfer early but CR also was flashy and could have went the Qauresma route but he was able to work on his game and be consistent at that top level.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quaresma is the greater talent?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Schneckerl

Austria

7 Forum Supporter

Just because Quaresma was shit 90% of his career doesn't mean he's the "bigger" talent than CR7. It's just what some anti-Ronaldo fanboys will not accept. Sorry, that's just bullshit and you know it.
    Inter clueless management with no strategy and wasting tons of money. every year, again and again

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

In terms of actual talent on the ball, Qauresma was touted as a bigger talent, hence the early Barca transfer.

27. Thanks (4): Javier'sSon, MVD, n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Probably alone in thinking this, but i feel like the criticism of his first touch is blown way out of proportion. I mean, it's not great but it not that bad. More concerned with his decision making as he's passed the ball off when he has good look on goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably alone in thinking this, but i feel like the criticism of his first touch is blown way out of proportion. I mean, it's not great but it not that bad. More concerned with his decision making as he's passed the ball off when he has good look on goal.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

29. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you think his bad touch can cause problem for other things for him? Normally someone passes you and you receive it and do something. For Lukaku it's not always like this, he first receives the pass and gets a bad touch then he needs to take time to controll the ball which leads to him wasting seconds and those seconds can mean alot.

I can also say I'm one of those who criticism him of his first touch. Anybody of my friends who watches an Inter game is also really fast to point it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

31. Thanks (1): MVD