View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Sweden

He is literally at like 70% form, in his third game with a minor backinjury back from an international break.

Yeah he fucking sucks LOL

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I do not understand why play him from the start and risk further injury???
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Goes onto show that he really is unique in our squad and maybe we should've signed Llorente as well to be his backup.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If he isn't fit by Tue, then I'd start with Lautaro and Alexis. The two of them showed promise against Udinese, and we really should be able to beat Slavia with them.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I do not understand why play him from the start and risk further injury???
    Bcause Conte's only alternative was starting Esposito. Lautaro had played with Argentina on Wednesday and Alexis isn't a striker.

7. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Cham-paggin?

Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    So just because of that fact you gonna consider genes in different areas of the world to be similar? Read a book man
    Where did i say genes in different regions of the world are the same? LEARN to read Einstein.
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    Friendship with Cristiano has ended, now Lionel is my new best friend.

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

United States

God you would think there’s never been a black player in Italy before. I can only imagine what was said about Weah in the 90s

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    This shit just shows again how italians have a more casual approach to this. I dont think the guy was a racist neither do i think he wanted to insult Lukaku but he just wanted to make a funny comment and it was racist as fuck.
    My point is he was praising Lukaku on how good he is and on how much he likes him and then he goes on to say such a thing i d guess without thinking to much about it.

Anyways imho it just shows once again that in italy the whole mentality especially of the older generation needs to change before we see this shit disappear.
    Atleast the guy iwill not reappear on tv so maybe this sends a signal so that other tv personalities know that they need to think before speaking.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF

done. next?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
    A pundit has been dropped by an Italian football channel after he claimed the only way to stop Romelu Lukaku was by “throwing him 10 bananas to eat.”

Luciano Passirani made the racist remark on Top Calcio 24 when he was asked about Lukaku’s performance against Udinese after the Inter striker failed to score and was taken off midway through the second half.

“To stop him, you have to throw him 10 bananas to eat,” said Passirani.

That was followed by director Fabio Ravezzani confirming the veteran journalist would no longer appear on the channel.

It comes just weeks after the Belgian was subjected to monkey chants by Cagliari fans and on the same weekend that Verona were forced to deny their fans had racially abused Milan’s Franck Kessie
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

14. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Rain

Serbia

Can an Italian person comment and translate? I've read on another website that he inferred that in order for Lukaku to go down you need to throw a banana peel for him to slip on, basically that it wasn't intended to be racist?

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Can an Italian person comment and translate? I've read on another website that he inferred that in order for Lukaku to go down you need to throw a banana peel for him to slip on, basically that it wasn't intended to be racist?
    Nope.
    He says if lukaku is one on one with you he ll kill you, if you go against him you ll fall to the floor. Going on maybe if you have 10 bananas you give to him to eat(indicating that thats the only way to stop him ), if not there is little you can do to stop him.

Again i m pretty sure he did not mean it as an insult but looked at it as a harmless joke.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

18. Thanks (2): dax21, MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post

I will copypaste a translation I found scrolling down in the comments, which is perfect:

"the only way to outmuscle him [Lukaku] is to give him 10 bananas to eat.”

If you thought that some translations didn't make sense, well, that's just because the sentence doesn't make much sense in Italian, either.

I guess he meant that you can stop him only by giving him a stomachache, by eating too much?

20. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, dax21, MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Nope.
    He says if lukaku is one on one with you he ll kill you, if you go against him you ll fall to the floor. Going on maybe if you have 10 bananas you give to him to eat(indicating that thats the only way to stop him ), if not there is little you can do to stop him.

Again i m pretty sure he did not mean it as an insult but looked at it as a harmless joke.

I don't think he wanted to insult him, but saying it like that, after all the sh*t that happenend at Cagliari... Yeah it's pretty bad.

22. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Man, sometimes i do think the whiny bunch on twitter will get offended at anything. That was what i thought when i read the banana slipping thing, but to eat 10 bananas?

Like bitch,there's so many things one can eat, shit you are italian, pasta, lasagna.. yet you go after banana, cmon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    This shit just shows again how italians have a more casual approach to this. I dont think the guy was a racist neither do i think he wanted to insult Lukaku but he just wanted to make a funny comment and it was racist as fuck.
    My point is he was praising Lukaku on how good he is and on how much he likes him and then he goes on to say such a thing i d guess without thinking to much about it.

Anyways imho it just shows once again that in italy the whole mentality especially of the older generation needs to change before we see this shit disappear.
    Atleast the guy iwill not reappear on tv so maybe this sends a signal so that other tv personalities know that they need to think before speaking.
    I think he meant that sarcastically

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cauet View Post
    Yeah, if he didn't see player of Lukaku's quality at Inter, Juventus or Milan then he is either blind or dumb. I thought it was sarcastic one. Maybe if anyone watched the complete show they can answer.

26. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Cauet View Post
    Nah the way he talked about him he did not mean the prais sarcastically...I think he just really is impressed with Roms size and speed. At least thats how it sounded to me.

And again i think this dud just was talking like he would if he was talking about lukaku in a baar with a couple of his buddies cause i can guarantee you that nobody would beat an eye or think that he was racist when saying something like this in a italian baar. he would have gotten a couple of chuckles and they would have moved on.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I mean the shit i say in a bar with friends, I would not get employed as janitor, but jesus you are commenting on national tv
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I will copypaste a translation I found scrolling down in the comments, which is perfect:

"the only way to outmuscle him [Lukaku] is to give him 10 bananas to eat.”

If you thought that some translations didn't make sense, well, that's just because the sentence doesn't make much sense in Italian, either.

I guess he meant that you can stop him only by giving him a stomachache, by eating too much?
    He meant that the bananas will distract him because he is comparing him to a monkey who is distracted by eating bananas, but because the guy is 1000 years old and is an idiot he thought adding the 10 to his "joke / sarcastic remark" would make it "funnier"