View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114121122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2484

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    The team lost its balance since mid February, so individually everyone look worse than they were in the first half of the season. It's difficult to recall since there was a pause due to covid, but I remember once he run with the ball or received it when surrounded by defenders trying to take him down he rarely got dispossesed.

P/s: I don't play games
    For a guy as tall and heavy (I know it's not fat) as him, I'd say he doesn't really do a great job. He actually often gets bullied by the opponents defender, Colley against Sampdoria, Koulibaly against Naples, Chiriches against Sassuolo. He doesn't win a lot of balls in the air. The only time where you can see that he is a bulky player is when he receives the ball with his back to the goal.

But that's not my issue with Lukaku. My issue is when in your team you have people that run a lot, like Brozovic, Barella, Eriksen, Lautaro or Candreva, the amount of casual walking Lukaku does, hurts my eyes. He doesn't press, the only moment where he runs is when he wants to receive the ball. He never fights to win it back, in this case I prefer Lautaro and Sanchez' style of attackers because those are the one that make the team look dangerous when pressing.

2. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I feel like he gets kicked to shit in most games and because of his size refs don't whistle for it. Chiriches was the worst offender, but Koulibaly had to literally drag him to the floor before a foul was given.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

4. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

India

Quote Originally Posted by Gaindé View Post
    For a guy as tall and heavy (I know it's not fat) as him, I'd say he doesn't really do a great job. He actually often gets bullied by the opponents defender, Colley against Sampdoria, Koulibaly against Naples, Chiriches against Sassuolo. He doesn't win a lot of balls in the air. The only time where you can see that he is a bulky player is when he receives the ball with his back to the goal.

But that's not my issue with Lukaku. My issue is when in your team you have people that run a lot, like Brozovic, Barella, Eriksen, Lautaro or Candreva, the amount of casual walking Lukaku does, hurts my eyes. He doesn't press, the only moment where he runs is when he wants to receive the ball. He never fights to win it back, in this case I prefer Lautaro and Sanchez' style of attackers because those are the one that make the team look dangerous when pressing.
    His lack of running might have something to do with him playing every game and never being subbed off

6. Thanks (2): Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Maybe , maybe not. If it was about him being tired at least for the first minutes you'd see him try and press. But you never see him do that.

But man, when we win the ball back he is always the first to want it in his feetI obviously agree, Conte should bench him sometimes and sub him off every once in a while.

8. Thanks (3): GenDire, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player

Belgium

Conte should bench him sometimes and sub him off every once in a while.
    I agree, Lukaku waves his hands after every pass that is not directly assisted at his feet, rolls his eyes, etc...his body language is in my opinion very demoralizing.
    Maybe Conte has given him to much confidence, power and as a result he feels entitled to throw his little trantrums all over the pitch.

10. Thanks (4): eduzee, Gaindé, Howl, MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

I didn't use to watch him at ManU so I don't know if it's a new behaviour from him.
    I don't know how his teammates feel about it either but I'd say that one Brozovic getting pissed off easily is way enough.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

I think he was like that at Man United too
    And yes, it does remind me of Brozovic sometimes.

14. Thanks (2): Gaindé, MVD

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    His shot should have given a goal. That's the problem.
    It's good to be critical but most of the time you're overreacting, he tried, shoot wasn't perfect but still lead to incredible miss from Gagliardini.

It's difficult to play for our strikers with Gagliardini and Borja behind them plus Moses - Biraghi on flanks. They're relegation zone level of players and theyre making out strikers and central defenders look terrible.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Do you take acid before every Inter game?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe , maybe not. If it was about him being tired at least for the first minutes you'd see him try and press. But you never see him do that.

But man, when we win the ball back he is always the first to want it in his feetI obviously agree, Conte should bench him sometimes and sub him off every once in a while.
    Would you make your heaviest striker run after a fucking ball to press when you have El Toro who can do that? The logic you use is the definition of retardation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Do you take acid before every Inter game?

- - - Updated - - -

Would you make your heaviest striker run after a fucking ball to press when you have El Toro who can do that? The logic you use is the definition of retardation.
    Damn you are so smart.

So big brain, tell me. Is Lautaro supposed to be the only one pressing? A whole backline of 3 , 4 or 5 players? Or is the team supposed to be pressing coherently? Especially when we are trying to score goals to secure the game?

You think it's OK to have a player walk when the ball passes by him?

Have you never seen Barella or Brozovic run forward and do the work Lukaku should do?

Explain like I'm 5 because you're definitely too smart for me.

19. Thanks (1): brakbrak

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    He should have an easy outing today against Parma given the type of defenders they have. Hopefully he's more helpful than usual.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

He tries too many tricks he can't pull off. He needs to realize he is not the football equivalent of magic Johnson. In fact, he's very far from it.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

23. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

I’m far from satisfied with Lukaku so far this season, expected more from him. However, must be said its nice to have a very strong striker, something Icardi wasnt.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    He should have an easy outing today against Parma given the type of defenders they have. Hopefully he's more helpful than usual.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

VICTOR FUCKING HELL
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

27. Thanks (3): MVD, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think he was our starter today by far. I didn't like him the first few months, but he's growing on me.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

When are we benching this guy for sanchez?

United States

I thought he was good today. Also, he is playing a crazy amount of minutes.

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    When are we benching this guy for sanchez?
    Sanchez is obviously not fit for 90 minutes. He likely will get 30 minutes every game till the end of season.

Netherlands

It's insane that we don't have a proper substitute for him. He shouldn't have to play against Brescia.

34. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude