View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    My biggest take away here is that the guy does not like to play with his back to goal.
    He said it many times, that back to goal is not his game and his strengths are when he runs on to the through ball.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    He said it many times, that back to goal is not his game and his strengths are when he runs on to the through ball.
    That's problematic. I cannot remember a single through ball that one of our strikers ran onto last season.
    #FlyEaglesFly

4. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

We had cross master Spalletti last year. Our wingers and full backs were just playing golf.

6. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

“A lot of stuff has been said where I didn’t feel protected. I felt like a lot of rumours, Rom going there, they don’t want Rom, and nobody came out to shut it down.

“It was for a good three-four weeks. I’m waiting for someone to come out and shut it down. It didn’t happen. I had my conversation, told them it was better to go our separate ways. If you don’t want to protect somebody, all these rumours come out. I just wanted you to say Rom is going to fight for his place, but it never happened for four-five months.
    Back in october 2018 he was asked about Serie A.
    Finally, the interview was concluded with a question for Lukaku if he could see himself in the Serie A where his brother Jordan plays for Lazio.

Lukaku senior said: ''Why not? I hope it happens.''
    In April, his agent.
    At the moment he is very focused on finishing the season," Pastorello told Sky Sports News.

"The competition for third and fourth place in England is very tight so let's see what will happen in the future at the end the season.

"It's his second season here and he will still have three years on his contract until the end. Let's see. He's someone who loves to know a different culture, a different football.

He sees a way to have a career playing in different countries because he would like to win some trophies and prove himself and say to his children 'I won there and I won there and I won there' and 'I was a very good player in all the top championships' so let's see, the future is really very open but, at the moment, we don't discuss about that because really the season is in a big moment."

"He likes Italy. When he was a child he followed a lot the Italian league," he added. "Everybody agrees today the Premier League is the best but years ago Italy was the best and they were the dreams for the younger footballer players.

"Teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona of course attract any champion so he sees also in La Liga one day. Bundesliga for sure is a very good championship."
    Lukaku in June
    "Well, Conte has gone to Inter, for me he is the best coach in the world," the Belgium international signalled to Sportmediaset.

"With regards to my future, I have already made a decision that I still cannot reveal publicly, out of respect to Manchester United with whom I still have a contract."

Lukaku went on to reveal his admiration for the Italian top flight, pointing to a string of high-profile recent arrivals to suggest it was a league on the rise.

"I am a big Serie A fan, those close to me know that I have always wanted to play in the English league and in the Italian: I love Italy," he added.

"And then Cristiano Ronaldo arrived, [Maurizio] Sarri is going to Juventus, [Carlo] Ancelotti will be at Napoli: Serie A will be exciting.

"My club and agent will talk about [the transfer bid], but my mind is made up.

"I have a contract with Manchester United, it is up to them to decide. I will speak to the club and my agent to make the best decision. In any case, I am sure that it will be a very busy summer."
    And he expects Manutd to shoot down any rumors about him leaving, when him and his agent couldn't shut up their mouth about leaving from last 1 year.

8. Thanks (3): MVD, n4l, Wallace

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    That's problematic. I cannot remember a single through ball that one of our strikers ran onto last season.
    I do remember one provided BY one of our strikers. Against Genoa.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

at last he talks.. there are also strikers who prefers to shut up and let talk her ignorant wife like a stupid dog.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

11. Thanks (2): syrus, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

What worries me most from what he said in that podcast was that he admitted that he's not suited to play as a pivot striker. Ironically, this is exactly what Conte will ask of him.

Lukaku's abysmal first touch also supports his admission.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Lukaku has dealt nothing but disrespect in his career but doesn't let it affect him on the pitch. That's the kind of attitude a player need to suceed at Inter

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

14. Thanks (1): bjwam4

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    What worries me most from what he said in that podcast was that he admitted that he's not suited to play as a pivot striker. Ironically, this is exactly what Conte will ask of him.

Lukaku's abysmal first touch also supports his admission.
    Our target man is Lautaro, it's pretty simple, if Dzeko came it would have been Dzeko.

He's kinda like Adriano he was a powerhouse who didn't play with his back goal if I recall correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in october 2018 he was asked about Serie A.

In April, his agent.

Lukaku in June

And he expects Manutd to shoot down any rumors about him leaving, when him and his agent couldn't shut up their mouth about leaving from last 1 year.
    No one cares about Man Utd here.

You used him as a scapegoat when your club is in complete chaos and he decided to leave.

It's done have a nice day.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    No one cares about Man Utd here.

You used him as a scapegoat when your club is in complete chaos and he decided to leave.

It's done have a nice day.
    Maybe you just love player saying nice things, no matter how far from truth they are. (It's like us but 2 years later )

He wasn't a scapegoat, in fact he got away with little criticism from the media people as apparently he was a "leader".

17. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

The more I get to know about Lukaku, the more I like him as a person.

This article a friend sent me, for example. Also the podcast that was posted above. Dude is pretty well-spoken, level-headed and overall cool. Smart athletes like Meunier, Mkhitaryan and now Lukaku are the ones I just can't resist liking.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

19. Thanks (4): dax21, MVD, Raul Duke, RobertMugabe

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    Our target man is Lautaro, it's pretty simple, if Dzeko came it would have been Dzeko.

He's kinda like Adriano he was a powerhouse who didn't play with his back goal if I recall correctly.
    Lol no, Lautaro is definitely not gonna play as a target man

We're going to playing with 2 forwards as we've been doing during the entire pre-season. Conte has been playing like that for years.

You're right tho that he ideally plays like a shitty version of Adriano, but it's quite evident that Conte doesn't intend to use him like that.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I'm just saying the guy who can play with his back to goal and and the guy who would be helping in the opponents half is probably Lautaro, in FM terms he could be a complete forward because he can do everything.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Ownership of what? And why can't he compare the environments of the Belgian national team and his time at Manchester United?
    Come on. NT is NOTHING compared to the daily/weekly GRIND of the league. It has nothing to do with tactics and fit; you just cannot say "hey, look i scored some goals with belgium NT so it must mean I'm not as bad as people say"...

belgium played 7?? games in WC? He boasts about his "i scored 4 goals in world cup", yet he scored against fucking Panama and Tunisia (first 2 games, 2x each) and did shit else the tournament. Didn't do shit against Japan, Brazil or France when shit really mattered and it wasn't a total shit team. Why doesn't he talk about how he couldn't score against those teams? Is he just riding the coat tails of belgium just being a damn good team with great players?

Accept some responsibility for your play and contribution when the team didn't do well (ManU). It's not like he was actually playing well and his teammates were shitting themselves (like a Handa or skriniar could say). He was part of why they were shit. He did prove he could not play well with what OGS wanted, whether that's stamina related or technically/tactically related (can't control the ball quick enough and release the ball quick enough). He wasn't great with what Jose wanted either; just 'not bad'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    I'm not surprised this guy is still single, with such a horrible first touch.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

Maybe you just love player saying nice things, no matter how far from truth they are. (It's like us but 2 years later )

He wasn't a scapegoat, in fact he got away with little criticism from the media people as apparently he was a "leader".
    Just curious ,. What is a Man utd fan doing with 10k Plus posts in a inter forum?
    I see you are an avid contributor , is the man utd forums too boring ,??

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

Quote Originally Posted by syrus View Post
    Just curious ,. What is a Man utd fan doing with 10k Plus posts in a inter forum?
    I see you are an avid contributor , is the man utd forums too boring ,??
    No, it's not too boring. Infact it's too active, very huge with wide variety of topics under discussion.

Inter is the team I like after ManUtd because of Zanetti.

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    The more I get to know about Lukaku, the more I like him as a person.

This article a friend sent me, for example. Also the podcast that was posted above. Dude is pretty well-spoken, level-headed and overall cool. Smart athletes like Meunier, Mkhitaryan and now Lukaku are the ones I just can't resist liking.
    Yeah, I agree. I was against his transfer but now that he is here, I can at least try to give him the benefit of the doubt, beats beating your head against a wall and being delusional.
    I like Lukaku's boyish cockiness. He is always smiling in training photos and seems happy. Which leads me to the conclusion that he is either really good at managing stress, or he didn't yet grasp how much is expected from him, and how hard are media going to gang up on him after the first fuck up. Either way, I'm appreciating his confidence so far, our squad really needs someone like that.

28. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    Lukaku has dealt nothing but disrespect in his career but doesn't let it affect him on the pitch. That's the kind of attitude a player need to suceed at Inter
    If that’s the case, we better be prepared for daily dose of Instagram posts with quotes about self motivation and shit. He better be prepared because the pressure in Inter and Serie A as a whole is different to that in West Brom or Everton.
    Forza Inter

30. Thanks (1): dax21

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

No, it's not too boring. Infact it's too active, very huge with wide variety of topics under discussion.

Inter is the team I like after ManUtd because of Zanetti.
    Fair enough mate ,.