View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 194 of 214 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194195196197204 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 4271

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Why not if 100mln offer comes? I think it all depends of new owners and how much they want to invest in the club. If they want to reduce the costs, i can see all high earners like Lukaku to be sold for the right price.
    After this season we've amortized his value to around 45m€, so 100m€ price would get us 55m€ plusvalenza. So okay, that's maybe the most plusvalenza we can get from a single player because no one is buying Lautaro now. Also Lukaku's salary is enormous so that would go off the books too. But that would weaken the team a lot, given how big role he has grown into.

This all depends on the ownership change debacle. How that will go and what will be the plan then. Cost cutting or not cost cutting.

2. Thanks (5): ADRossi, Fitzy, MVD, Palacio, Universe

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

Don't think Lukaku is the player we'll end up selling. Far too important to the team to fathom him leaving. It'll likely be a midfielder or defender since Lautaro isn't worth shit anymore. With how dire the financial situation is, I unfortunately think it'll be Barella or Skriniar who get axed.

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Don't wanna sound negative but honestly it doesn't impress me that he did own Chiellini during the entire game. I mean, Chiellini is not the same we know, and over the past couple of years, his game has regressed a lot due to age of course, and lack of playing time because of injuries or whatever. I mean, let's not make a big deal that a 27-years old striker who is physically superior, managed to outplay a 36-year old defender in major duels.

Hopefully he'll also realise that he has to quit screaming or moaning on the teammates, especially when it's his own fault that he didn't get a proper service or whatever. He needs to keep himself under control and remain focused when the chance comes.

5. Thanks (2): brakbrak, rfU

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Anyone who has even an inkling of thoughts of selling Lukaku deserves his big black cock up their ass. Strikers are meant to be confident, sometimes arrogant and even delusional assholes. That's what get them rolling, and we don't want some timid Kumbaya handholding mouse up front leading the line.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    We won't sell him. We haven't amortized enough of his value, he wouldn't fetch enough to make it worth it for the club because I don't think anyone is gonna pay over 100m€ for him.
    This.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    I rather sacrifice De Vrij dude came for free + Liverpool wants him + oldest of our CB trio

Prob our most expensive player other than our two strikers and Barella.

Tho if we can get good money for Lautaro then help him pack.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

If Conte leaves and good offer comes we should take the money and run with it. This guy looks as good as he may right now because Conte puts him as the centre of everything, once Conte is gone he will back to his good ol man utd self.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

10. Thanks (2): Linege, rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Anyone who has even an inkling of thoughts of selling Lukaku deserves his big black cock up their ass.
    FIFs obsession with black dicks

Are you confident Kaku can play in any other system other than Conte-ball? I'm not so sure. If Conte leaves and the right offer comes I'd sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Strikers are meant to be confident, sometimes arrogant and even delusional assholes. That's what get them rolling
    We've had many great strikers at Inter, I don't recall any arrogance or delusion at this level. Did Milito ever say he was a top 5 striker even after winning the UEFA club footballer of the year in 2010? Ronaldo? Vieri? Adriano? Ibra is all tongue in cheek but given his record he's entitled to brag. After the sevilla and Shakthar games I'd be humbler than a mufuka, personally. Kaku should let his goals/game do the talking for now.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    FIFs obsession with black dicks

Are you confident Kaku can play in any other system other than Conte-ball? I'm not so sure. If Conte leaves and the right offer comes I'd sell.

We've had many great strikers at Inter, I don't recall any arrogance or delusion at this level. Did Milito ever say he was a top 5 striker even after winning the UEFA club footballer of the year in 2010? Ronaldo? Vieri? Adriano? Ibra is all tongue in cheek but given his record he's entitled to brag. After the sevilla and Shakthar games I'd be humbler than a mufuka, personally. Kaku should let his goals/game do the talking for now.
    People are treating Lukaku like Ibrahimovic. Any offer between 80 to 100m for him Inter should sell this guy, specially if Conte get sacked (hopefully). In fact I take any lesser offer for Lautaro if it arrives. None of these two are as essential as the likes of Ibrahimovic and many of our star players were for us back then. If you make smart business you can strengthen your team and not lose the good deals when the chance comes. If you lose these chances, not only you lose the money, but your declining players on high salaries will be a pain in the ass to get rid of. And that's where you might end up with a big cock up your ass!
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

13. Thanks (1): rfU

Italy

I'm fairy uncomfortable with Lukaku being our "star player," but he's not someone you sell unless you know exactly how you'll reinvest those funds. If Conte leaves and the new manager doesn't fancy him, that makes the decision a whole lot easier, but sacrificing him in our current tactical setup would be suicidal.

I don't know about "top 5 striker," but he's definitely top 10. His departure would leave some pretty big boots to fill.

15. Thanks (3): MVD, Nero Indigo, syrus

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by NimAraya View Post
    People are treating Lukaku like Ibrahimovic. Any offer between 80 to 100m for him Inter should sell this guy, specially if Conte get sacked (hopefully). In fact I take any lesser offer for Lautaro if it arrives. None of these two are as essential as the likes of Ibrahimovic and many of our star players were for us back then. If you make smart business you can strengthen your team and not lose the good deals when the chance comes. If you lose these chances, not only you lose the money, but your declining players on high salaries will be a pain in the ass to get rid of. And that's where you might end up with a big cock up your ass!
    Sure, if you sell Ibra and replace him with Eto'o, Milito, Motta and Sneijder then great.

If you sell Eto'o and replace him with Diego Forlan, Ricky Alvarez and Jonathan, not so much.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NimAraya View Post
    You must have led a very strange life
    Last edited by Bluenine; 22 Jan 21 at 22:27.

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Honestly, cannot see a reason to keep him [obviously talking about the end of the season and not during this one] if his value is considered to be high enough. Cash it in. If it also gives an excuse for Conte to fuck off, good job!

All this talk about him "carrying" us is utter nonsense. He's carried us to an EL final loss having almost nothing to do with us being in that place in the first place (aside from the Leverkusen game and that blooper Ludogorets goal for the laughs), two CL eliminations by not showing up in the bigger games, and ironically most fans are the happiest about our performance in the toughest possible games (away to Real and Barcelona) when he wasn't even around! Yes, he scores a lot, but he's not really the reason we do so. His % per the team total is not that high.

If you want to talk about strikers "carrying" a team in the last 20 years, then you have:
    2002-3: Christian Vieri. More goals than appearances and had he been fit the entire season we'd probably win the Champions League...
    2004-5: Adriano.
    2007-8: Zlatan Ibrahimovic [if only he was fully fit]
    2008-9: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    2010-11: Samuel Eto'o
    2011-12: Diego Milito
    2017-18: Mauro Icardi

We do not depend on either of our strikers to score goals, if anything they miss a lot more chances than they convert. The league is also so much different from 5 years ago, let alone 15-20 and you have a much harder road to score goals. Getting to 25 goals in Serie A in the last 3-4 seasons is probably the equivalent of getting to 15-18 goals 15 years ago. You disagree?

Goals per game in the entire league was usually fluctuating between 2.45 and 2.65 throughout the 2000s and mid 2010s. 2016-17 was the first season we closed in on 3 goals per game (2.96), then we saw a drop to the higher levels of the previous years (2.68) for 2 seasons in a row and now....
    2019-20: 3.04 goals per game
    2020-21 almost halfway through: 3.11 goals per game

That means that in all Inter games, we'd have an increase of around 15 goals per year. So sure, that's not all Inter goals you would say. But where does this increase come from? If you check the numbers you will notice that the bottom 5-10 clubs haven't improved much in terms of scoring but the top 5-10 clubs have increased their goal tally over the years. So It's safe to say that of this 15 goal average, around 11-12 of them are in favor of the big teams.

You can claim this a Conte victory that we score more (at the expense of good, sound defending, but whatever), but you definitely cannot say that we depend on Lukaku.

I wanted us to sell him last season and get Luis Suarez or Edinson Cavani as that would allow us to fix several problems in the squad, even with Conte sticking around. Such as the non-existent left wing back or a backup striker.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
    Sure, if you sell Ibra and replace him with Eto'o, Milito, Motta and Sneijder then great.

If you sell Eto'o and replace him with Diego Forlan, Ricky Alvarez and Jonathan, not so much.
    I don't know why people keep insisting on saying this, but both Milito and Motta were signed before the 2008-09 season ended and the plan was to pair Milito with Zlatan. You can argue Eto'o + Sneijder which on its own is an excellent return, even if Sneijder was a possibility without selling Zlatan. They wanted 20m at first and we got him for 15m. Payable in three instalments since people think that means something The actual deal we offered was loan + obligation for 20m [triggered after we reached a CL spot or something easy like that], so a Zlatan sale wasn't really that necessary to pull a deal off, it just made things easier as we completed the deal right away.

The reason I'm nitpicking on this is because a false narrative is constantly being used for this. Moratti wanted the Champions League, he had Mourinho, and he was willing to spend! Post-CL era with Moratti 'fatigued' and the costs rising so high after extending everyone as a thank you for the Tripleta, we had to sell Samuel Eto'o, who was earning as much as Zlatan did here (11m net). We didn't sell him to reinforce the team, we sold him because we wanted to strip down the salary structure.

Now we have a cash problem, but not so much a financial problem. We can use funds that we sell players for, we don't care that much about capital gains anymore and we sure need the liquidity. And we won't be selling a player we depend on, as great as his contribution may be. If Manchester City is willing to give us anything close to 80, let alone over it, we shouldn't even blink an eye. But a straight deal, no player exchanges and all that bullshit unless they're willing to talk Bernardo Silva + $$$.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Alright, honestly. Fucking do something instead of screaming about it.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

20. Thanks (5): dynasty27, IM21, MVD, rfU, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Indonesia

Yo... Hardcore Metal Singer...
    Ti Te Dominet Milan

Quote Originally Posted by gazzetta dello sport
    "Injustice came immediately but they did not turn it into an excuse. Instead, Inter raised up to control the game at the home of the then unbeatable Juventus. Shining and mastery."

22. Thanks (2): NimAraya, Shark

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Dude was surrounded by 3 Udinese players at all times, wouldn't single him out for the lack of chances created.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

24. Thanks (1): Urban

Serbia

He's 100% a screamer in bed

26. Thanks (2): GenDire, NimAraya

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Fucking useless log, as per usual.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Israel

Stop yell and start be usefull!...

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    He shouted so much, he had no time to carry us today.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

31. Thanks (1): Tamirk