View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 231 of 233 FirstFirst ... 131181221228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4658

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Vietnam

I dont see how Lukaku can be a contender, there are simply many better players out there. But I think he should definitely nominated in top 30 and maybe even make top 10.

Re: Ronaldo, Lukaku has been better than Ronaldo this season, and I wont listen to your bullshit otherwise.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    If Lewa doesn't get Balon d'or, nobody should get it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

3. Thanks (6): DARi0, Il Drago, nyers, Pajo, rfU, thatdude

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    If Lewa doesn't get Balon d'or, nobody should get it
    You're discounting De Bruyne's chance quite heavily. He has a good chance for the treble this season, higher than Bayern's imo, then there will be the Euro where Belgium will be the favorite.

5. Thanks (2): Bergpavian, rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    Re: Ronaldo, Lukaku has been better than Ronaldo this season, and I wont listen to your bullshit otherwise.
    It's not my bullshit, most football data websites rate Ronaldo higher (whoscored, infogol).

Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    You're discounting De Bruyne's chance quite heavily. He has a good chance for the treble this season, higher than Bayern's imo, then there will be the Euro where Belgium will be the favorite.
    Gundogan also
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    I keep forgetting Euro will be this year. Kinda thought they would skip it or smth
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Should Juve have a strong finish and Ronaldo become capocannoniere he's a serious contender - not because his achievements this season, but because he will be the first one who became top scorer in England, Spain and Italy.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    i really doubt it tbh. his performances in r16 just werent even close to good enough.

I'd wager, like most years, its someone who is at least in the semi-finals of the CL.

10. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Universe

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Not trying to be a dick but any discussion about Lukaku winning, or being a serious contender for the Ballon d'Or, is simply ludicrous.

He got knocked out of the CL group stage. End of debate right there. Doesn't matter if he finishes the season with 40 goals in the league then scores another 20 for Belgium and wins Euro 2020. It's still not happening. Even then the best he could hope for is a nomination as recognition for the season he had.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

I'd rather he works harder than get something he doesn't deserve.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Any discussion about Lukaku getting Ballon D'or is laughable. It will be an award contended by Lewa, De Bruyne, and Messi (should Barca win the league). Ballon D'or is not simply the contest of who has the best statistics, the voters also consider the finesse and this is where Lukaku is falling behind.
    IMO Barella is also more deserving to get PoTY award for Serie A. It will subjectively depend on the jury if they prefer Lukaku or Barella. Anyone between them is fine as long as it is not Ronaldo again.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

14. Thanks (2): DIN011, Linege

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

if Lukaku took Inter to a CL win, for example, then there's no doubt he'd have a good chance of a win. But not when you get knocked out at the group stages.

16. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Let Lukaku win it when he wins a CL with us. Till then, fuck any such dreams.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Let Lukaku win it when he wins a CL with us. Till then, fuck any such dreams.
    Pfff, if he wins the league, the cup, the CL and goes to a WC final we still can fuck such dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

19. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Lukaku winning Ballon D'or is not realistic. It is usually given to the player with best stats and best TEAM performance. Even if we win the league with 20 more points than the rest, we were still knocked out in the C group stage, and we didnt even win the cup. Even statistically, Lukaku shouldn't win it.

That being said, everyone except Lewa will be laughable, for now. It depends how City and Bayern do in CL, I see only De Bruyne as potential thread to him. I don't think Messi can do it, he has been mediocre till December, when he woke up, and Barca were crap in CL this season.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

21. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah a lot depends on the CL. If Bayern goes out against PSG, Lewa might be in trouble, specially if City and De Bruyne advances to semifinals.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Isn't Ballon d'Or only rewarded at the end of the year? It's still March. What's more laughable than Lukaku winning is discussing who's gonna win the award. There's still Euro to go be played and also possible big injuries to players.

If Lukaku finishes top scorer with 10 goals and champions at the Euro, then he definitely stand a chance to win it.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

there's literally no way a guy who got knocked out of the group stages will win it tbh. the ballon d'or will inevitably correlate heavily with ~ CL performances & Euro performances.

I dont know yet what the steer will be - if they consider 20 and 21 for this year, or if this is exclusively for 21.

Lukaku doesnt have a chance, irrespective of what he does at the Euros IMHO.

25. Thanks (1): Linege

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The group stage knock is irrelevant to this year's Ballon d'Or. Stop mentioning it unless you're expecting a 3rd on the trot for Conte. Or unless you expected Inter to be part of the last 4 teams or something and it's just an inconvenience that we're not in it now.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    It is. Ballon d'Or is mostly given to a player of a CL team that went to win it, or at least came to the final.

Of course this will be year where the euros will play huge part of it, but still, knocking out of CL group stage plays HUGE role in the award.

tbh i forgot the euros lol. This only increases the chances for De Bruyne, but not too much for Big Rom.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

The group stage knock means he didnt participate in any CL activity in the first half of this year. I'd love to know when the last time a Ballon d'or winner was knocked out at the group stages. rfU reckons Ronaldinho in 04/05 who got knocked out at R16 is the last time that the ballon d'or was won by someone not in the quarters/semis?

Messi 18/19 - Semi-finals
    Modric 17/18 - winners
    Ronaldo 16/17 - winners
    Ronaldo 15/16 - winners
    Messi 14/15 - winners
    Ronaldo 13/14 - winners
    Ronaldo 12/13 - semis
    Messi 11/12 - semis
    Messi 10/11 - winners
    Messi 9/10 - semis (famously)
    Messi 8/9 - winners
    Ronaldo 7/8 - winners

I cant really be fucked going further back. IIRC the FIFA Ballon d'Or was awarded some time in september (wasnt it? when Sneijder didnt win it?), too.

Just to be clear about the timings, IIRC its awarded Dec every year - so the only thing you know by Dec is if a team made it out of a group stage or not. The 'hard matches' that decide it will typically be last season's CL rounds, and any major international tournament. No one wins the Ballon d'Or for good performances in the group stage of the CL, to be honest.

I'll give 25/1 odds if anyone wants to put money on Lukaku winning the Ballon. just hit me up.

Checking current odds lists, Lukaku doesnt even feature

29. Thanks (1): Ethor