View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3426

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I ve said it before and I say it again one guy is responsible for our game plan and his name aint rom or Lautaro it s fucking Cunte....

Go ahead blame our CF that it takes 20 mins for us to get the ball from our keeper into the oppositions half. Matter of fact our build up is much faster with rom cause at least with him on the field we can just pass it to him and he can shield the ball. If he s not there we hoof the ball to lautaro/sanchez or Brozo plays 20 side and back passes before we get into the oppositions half.

Go watch how everton played with him in their side would not say they had to play slow cause of rom....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    But that's the problem. Others can't pick up the slack if the game 100% revolves around lukaku and lautaro/sanchez are basically feeding off of scraps, loose balls, hustle plays, and solo efforts.
    Yeah, it's very noticeable when he's not there that our game is built around him being there. The way the midfield drops back looking for someone like him to step in on transition. Eh...
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I ve said it before and I say it again one guy is responsible for our game plan and his name aint rom or Lautaro it s fucking Cunte....

Go ahead blame our CF that it takes 20 mins for us to get the ball from our keeper into the oppositions half. Matter of fact our build up is much faster with rom cause at least with him on the field we can just pass it to him and he can shield the ball. If he s not there we hoof the ball to lautaro/sanchez or Brozo plays 20 side and back passes before we get into the oppositions half.

Go watch how everton played with him in their side would not say they had to play slow cause of rom....
    Minor note on this - Brozovic has been playing within himself significantly this season, largely due to the formation/system change. Ridiculous how Conte can't or won't see how damaging his "EVERYONE PASS TO LUKAKU TO HOLD UP BALL" tactic is on the rest of the team.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Thanks (6): eduzee, Fitzy, Gaindé, Howl, thatdude, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Minor note on this - Brozovic has been playing within himself significantly this season, largely due to the formation/system change. Ridiculous how Conte can't or won't see how damaging his "EVERYONE PASS TO LUKAKU TO HOLD UP BALL" tactic is on the rest of the team.
    I agree with this I still dont see how it s Roms fault that the coach decides to overly rely on him and his tank like abilities....
    The fact that we dont know another way to play is on conte 100% like you said it s not like our midfield cant pass the ball forward they just dont seem to fucken do it. I mean how on earth is this current inter midfield not better at moving the ball forward then the one that had medel banega brozo mario and gags?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

6. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF
    Can't wait to see Lukaku back in the starting line up after the international break, we have needed him so badly. Good to see Toro get a goal in the last game, hopefully with the return of Kaku we'll see fireworks from both of them.
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Yeeeaaaaaaa

8. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

According to reports he will not play in the match between Belgium vs Switzerland. Some kinda agreement between Inter and Belgium.

10. Thanks (4): ADRossi, eduzee, n4l, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethor View Post
    According to reports he will not play in the match between Belgium vs Switzerland. Some kinda agreement between Inter and Belgium.
    So he just went for the Covid?
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Romelu Lukaku

Belgium

There really are good questions to be raised around our playstyle.

Having the option to bypass a full press by hoofing the ball vertically is honestly amazing. In today's football where so much is about the quality and quantity of pressing, even for defensive teams, that does so much. But what alternative do we have once he's off the pitch? Also, it's worth to note that having so much of our play go through Lukaku, also affects the player himself. I think it mostly benefited him to shine, but it also puts extra light on his not-so-excellent traits. Although, I think he has already remarkably improved in his first touch and passing compared to what I've seen from him since his Anderlecht days. Been watching him since forever and his improvement mainly came under Conte.

Against stacked defenses who play really deep, it's natural to use a lower tempo. Using a higher tempo is the best way to lose balls and kill yourself on counterattacks. This is why having the option to hoof the ball to Lukaku for quick transitions in accordance with the ability of 3-5-2 variants to pinser to box and play slower tempo is good. But the problem is when and how you use the slower tempo. Most of our tempo is already slow when the ball is still in our own half or on the half way line. How many times do we see Brozovic pass lateral or backwards or have Barella/Vidal make a slight run to pass the ball to a wingback, only to have it recycled to the back? We lack some creativity (entre autres) to make this work and we REALLY NEED more off the ball movement to allow us to effectively pinser a box. Else we just end in endless crosses - which is kind of disadvantagous for 2 striker systems, as we generally only get 2 players into the box early unless one midfielder (trequartista can do this) actively surges into the box. But Barella isn't too tall and Eriksen isn't the best header.

13. Thanks (2): Fitzy, GenDire

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    So he just went for the Covid?
    Hahahaha. Quality.
    Yeeeaaaaaaa

15. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Lukaku predicted to start today in the Nations League match vs England today, according to some reports.

Got an assist and headed a ball off the line in the first half. Holdup play was ok, blew a pass to DeBruyner for their possible 3rd goal, only time he waved , but only with one hand.

Played the entire match, no injuries, holdup play good, missed 2 shots on goal, one decent save by Pickford, other was way wide. Decent pass to DeBruyner who should have done better.
    Last edited by Ethor; 15 Nov 20 at 21:40. Reason: update

17. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

for the first goal he layed off a ball to Tielemans
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

19. Thanks (1): Ethor

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF
    He played very well for Belgium, he's healthy, it's great for us. Can't wait to see him back in that starting line up.
    Yeeeaaaaaaa

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter Declined Man City’s £70M Offer For Romelu Lukaku Asking For £94M, UK Media Reports

Manchester City considered signing Inter striker Romelu Lukaku in the summer transfer window, but were put off by the Nerazzurri’s high valuation, according to a report from English media outlet the Telegraph earlier today.

The report details how the Citizens, under the guidance of coach Pep Guardiola, are looking for a top forward to replace long-time goal scorer Sergio Aguero, whose contract expires with the English club at the end of the season.

Manchester City were prepared to pay up to £70 million for a top striker in the summer transfer window, the report continues, but the Nerazzurri valued Lukaku at £93.75 million at the time.

The 27-year-old Belgian forward, who is contracted to the Nerazzurri until 2024, is the clear leader of coach Antonio Conte’s squad, and his absence earlier this season was clearly felt.

Lukaku has scored seven goals in eight games so far this season, being an important presence both on the pitch and in the dressing room.

22. Thanks (3): eduzee, Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

Pretty offensive offer. Man city, one of, if not the richest club in football, think we’d sell Lukaku a year after we bought him for essentially the same price. Again, we’re a team that had to sell Godin just to buy Arturo Vidal at 33 fucking years old. And they think a few million in profit is enough. Laughable.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

While I agree with your point, I don't rate Lukaku's ability to ever be anything above that price point (€80m) and weirdly, I think a lot of clubs would agree.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    While I agree with your point, I don't rate Lukaku's ability to ever be anything above that price point (€80m) and weirdly, I think a lot of clubs would agree.
    I don't disagree with you on the price but nothing to do with Lukaku's ability. I don't think any player should be worth 100m+ they seriously need to cap this shit.

Anyway, time for Inter fans all around the world to celebrate Lukaku scoring and then get their typing fingers out and criticise him. Can't wait
    Yeeeaaaaaaa

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Cant really complain about this dude anymore as I've come to peace that this guy will never show up against big teams but will score goals against smaller teams. He does score goals after all, what striker doesn't miss chances?
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Canada

I don't believe that rumour for a second.

29. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Nice stats from the Torino match. And now even key goals scored.

Although can't forget how the Sanchez goal came, some ridiculous miskick by Lukaku which ended up hitting the post which lead to that hurdle and Alexis scoring.

Good to have him back against Real. Real which don't have Ramosa available. Hoping for a field day for Lukaku.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    some ridiculous miskick by Lukaku which ended up hitting the post which lead to that hurdle and Alexis scoring.

Worth noting Lukaku has scored 11 penalties in a row now. The last time he failed to convert was in August 2017.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32. Thanks (3): eduzee, jamsieboy86, thatdude