View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 232 of 234 FirstFirst ... 132182222229230231232233234 LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 4672

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's in late December actually.

Michael Owen won it in 2001 after winning the Uefa Cup.
    2004 Shevchenko won it after winning only the league.

Just mentioning a few, but the award has been different in the last 10 years. It's CL, World Cup or Messi/Cristiano...
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    yeah i know this one is in late december, but it used to be sept right?

Late december means you know who gets out of next year's CL group stages, that's all. So the performance will still be heavily judged by CL latter stages of the previous season, and the international tournament. If you dont make the CL semis in X/X+1, then you dont win the Ballon d'Or in X+1.

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    yeah i know this one is in late december, but it used to be sept right?

Late december means you know who gets out of next year's CL group stages, that's all. So the performance will still be heavily judged by CL latter stages of the previous season, and the international tournament. If you dont make the CL semis in X/X+1, then you dont win the Ballon d'Or in X+1.
    No, it was almost always December or January. Some exceptions were made to award it in autumn, but don't remember any September ones. Something like late November, and maybe during the merger they had given some awards in October or November as well.

They usually announce the lists in September or October, so it's unlikely that they gave the awards then.

Either way, you're not wrong on that, but the thing is, you can be out of CL or on your way out of the groups and still win it in the season that the award is given. But as you said, it's the previous season that matters.

And Lukaku is nowhere near Ballon D'Or level, so I'm not even sure why people are even considering him for this. Belgium going far will probably just give De Bruyne better odds. Lukaku may end up getting a vote here and there, but last season he had more chance imo to be involved with a EL runner up campaign where he scored in every round, even if he got knocked out of the group a few months later.

CL, international tournaments (typically European related ones) and hype is what makes you relevant here. Lukaku may have some hype due to English media traction, but he's nowhere near that level. But if someone like Kane gets consideration, I don't see why not, but it also doesn't say much. Getting on the list due to hype is not something to be really proud of.

In 2019 we had the likes of Joao Felix, Sterling, Aubameyang, Koulibaly and Benzema as part of the list that didn't really do well in CL.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If he plays well next season and we massively exceed our target in the CL (e.g. get to the semis/finals, which I dont think will happen), as the best player of one of the clubs at that stage, he'd be rightfully at least a candidate

But, yeah, I agree with you. He's nowhere near the Ballon level - and Inter aren't at that level either. We can all get there together, but we'd be outperforming expectations rather than just meeting them.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    The only way Lukaku can be a contender for Ballon D'or this year is if Belgium win the Euro and he is the top scorer. And the best players of the CL winning team have a poor Euro.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    The only way Lukaku can be Balon d'or if he plays a lot fucking better and totally bosses in every match up to December.

Not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

8 10 years of FIF
    Lukaku and
    Ballon d’Or in the same fucking line is one of the most delusional statements ever. Please dont go that way, dont be like Milanisti. And then complain why we argue about Lukaku being overrated among Inter fans
    Forza Inter

8. Thanks (4): brakbrak, eduzee, Linege, Native

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    No, it was almost always December or January. Some exceptions were made to award it in autumn, but don't remember any September ones. Something like late November, and maybe during the merger they had given some awards in October or November as well.

They usually announce the lists in September or October, so it's unlikely that they gave the awards then.

Either way, you're not wrong on that, but the thing is, you can be out of CL or on your way out of the groups and still win it in the season that the award is given. But as you said, it's the previous season that matters.

And Lukaku is nowhere near Ballon D'Or level, so I'm not even sure why people are even considering him for this. Belgium going far will probably just give De Bruyne better odds. Lukaku may end up getting a vote here and there, but last season he had more chance imo to be involved with a EL runner up campaign where he scored in every round, even if he got knocked out of the group a few months later.

CL, international tournaments (typically European related ones) and hype is what makes you relevant here. Lukaku may have some hype due to English media traction, but he's nowhere near that level. But if someone like Kane gets consideration, I don't see why not, but it also doesn't say much. Getting on the list due to hype is not something to be really proud of.

In 2019 we had the likes of Joao Felix, Sterling, Aubameyang, Koulibaly and Benzema as part of the list that didn't really do well in CL.
    Actually Lukaku won the prize of best player of Belgium.
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's in late December actually.

Michael Owen won it in 2001 after winning the Uefa Cup.
    2004 Shevchenko won it after winning only the league.

Just mentioning a few, but the award has been different in the last 10 years. It's CL, World Cup or Messi/Cristiano...
    Another good example of the different criteria is Cannavaro in 2006 who won it because of the World Cup. If the result was based solely on club football it would have probably gone to Ronaldinho.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Forum Supporter
    Mediocre, as usual.

14. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Another MoM performance. Apart from couple of bad passes, he has been immense. Goal, assist, almost 2 more assists, and dozen of defensive clearances.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Without his contributions, not sure we'd have won today. MOTM easily.

Grande.

17. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, Ethor

France

He's at 9 assists, right ?

I wonder if there is a player in the European "big 5" who has 20 goals and 10 assists in his league.

Messi ? Mbappé ?

Edit : Messi is the closest, 23 goals, 8 assists.

Fav. Player
    difensa

Europe

73 10 years of FIF
    How many headers has he scored this season?

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Forum Supporter
    A very complete performance, goal, assist and defensive strength (forgetting Shakhtar). Definitely in the running for player of the year in Serie A.

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

UK

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    How many headers has he scored this season?
    I think this is the only one.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Indigo View Post
    I think this is the only one.
    there was also header against Fiorentina in Coppa

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    He's at 9 assists, right ?

I wonder if there is a player in the European "big 5" who has 20 goals and 10 assists in his league.

Messi ? Mbappé ?

Edit : Messi is the closest, 23 goals, 8 assists.
    According to Serie A he is at 7 assist.
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

25. Thanks (3): Ethor, Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    Apparently this was his first headed goal of the season

27. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    According to Serie A he is at 7 assist.
    Since we're going to compare his numbers with players from other leagues, I think we better go with Whoscored for the consistency.