View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 156 of 159 FirstFirst ... 56106146153154155156157158159 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3171

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Despite his goals, he hasn't started the season well. He needs to wake up. He should have been the one to get subbed today and not Lautaro.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by BasedGodPunk View Post
    Conte always plays Lukaku the full 90 because a lot of our chances come from his hold up play. True Lukaku was shit today but he still had good hold up play. It's just that everyone around him did nothing with it. Lautaro doesn't offer anything quite as important in our build up hence why Lukaku always plays the full 90. Let's not act like Lautaro had a great game. He didn't. Outside of his fortunate goal he was dead average.
    Which hold up play are you talking about exactly? Alot of our chances came from his hold up play because our attack is always focused on his hold up play.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Despite his goals, he hasn't started the season well. He needs to wake up. He should have been the one to get subbed today and not Lautaro.
    He's actually been far better in his first three games this season than his first three games last season.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

4. Thanks (2): n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    Which hold up play are you talking about exactly? Alot of our chances came from his hold up play because our attack is always focused on his hold up play.
    There's a reason why most of our attack centers around it. We have no trequartista worth a damn on our team. Eriksen is washed and Sensi is probably a decent at best player who had a hot streak last year before his leg blew up. Barella and Vidal are good midfielders but neither of them are creators. Lukaku essentially is our playmaker in the middle of the field. His role isn't just goal scoring like Icardi's was.

6. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedGodPunk View Post
    There's a reason why most of our attack centers around it. We have no trequartista worth a damn on our team. Eriksen is washed and Sensi is probably a decent at best player who had a hot streak last year before his leg blew up. Barella and Vidal are good midfielders but neither of them are creators. Lukaku essentially is our playmaker in the middle of the field. His role isn't just goal scoring like Icardi's was.
    chicken before the egg or egg before the chicken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    His holdup play is currently only thing which should keep him playing as a starter (we know he would still be there irregardless). And while his holdup play is okay, it's not like there's usually anything particular coming out of it. It's a way to get the ball forward and keep it there but more than I would like, the ball is just lost because Lukaku's layups are fucking shit or other players are clueless idiots who can't combine with Lukaku.

It's not very effective tactic in my books, but hopefully we get better at it because it doesn't seem we have much else at the moment.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Still hasn’t hit form, which is a shame because he was devastating in the EL.

Definitely should have put us 2-0 too.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

10. Thanks (3): ElinaYvo, magnesium, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

https://youtu.be/SDoTWznugsY

Fine game by the young gentleman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Was not aware he s the captain of the NT....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

13. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, MVD

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

BIG GAME LUKAKU

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

United States

I like Lukaku a lot, especially as a person. However it must be said that he does seem to fuck up a lot in clutch moments. I really want him to get better and be the guy for us but I’m not sure if he has it in him or not. Time will tell.

He will score his goals over the course of the season. If he plays 10 games he will score 6, he almost guarantees that. However it’s tough to say where those goals are going to come. I feel like he has so much potential to be better then he is which is why sometimes watching him can be frustrating. He should have made that run for Barella today, that wasn’t a bad pass. He’s an upgrade over any forward we’ve had since Eto'o or Milito, but I still want a lot more from him.

16. Thanks (3): ElinaYvo, Il Drago, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I like Lukaku a lot, especially as a person. However it must be said that he does seem to fuck up a lot in clutch moments. I really want him to get better and be the guy for us but I’m not sure if he has it in him or not. Time will tell.

He will score his goals over the course of the season. If he plays 10 games he will score 6, he almost guarantees that. However it’s tough to say where those goals are going to come. I feel like he has so much potential to be better then he is which is why sometimes watching him can be frustrating. He should have made that run for Barella today, that wasn’t a bad pass. He’s an upgrade over any forward we’ve had since Eto'o or Milito, but I still want a lot more from him.
    Last season more than half of his goals were either PKs or goals at a time where the result was already clinched. I think 18/34 of his goals were like that. some of the PKs of course were necessary for us to get points, but it remains a goal with an asterisk, as anyone could really be taking those and get a goal next to his name.

The potential was always there but this is exactly why some of us never wanted to spend all that money on him. He's wasted his potential and he peaked when he was 22 or something. The best case scenario is that he doesn't get injured and manages to sustain himself on this level for 2-3 more seasons. But at best, he'll be your 2nd best striker if you want to achieve anything.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

18. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Zanetti,Ronaldo

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post

i actually expect more from Lukaku but with less salary.
    shape of inter to come

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Same shit every game, he fucked up that play with barella yet hes the one complaining like a little bitch.

Fav. Player
    Il Imperatore

Australia

He made lots of mistakes and was also selfish when he could pass the ball to a better positioned teammate.

22. Thanks (3): ElinaYvo, magnesium, morrisama

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    His first half performance was flawless. Started to run out of steam in the 2nd. Hence the poor decisions and inaccurate passing.

We need to play Pinamonti against lower teams in Serie A. Don't wait until Coppa Italia. Lukaku cannot and should not play every single match.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Indonesia

He really needs to stop all the negative gesture towards his teammate whenever chances were created . Do you think you are the only one who allow to shoot Lukaku?

25. Thanks (5): DARi0, eduzee, Howl, morrisama, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I mean, I thought he was an absolute demon yesterday. Spun Romagnoli 3-4 times, scored, created space, usually took two players to get the ball off him.

But yes, I understand the frustration, he also could have tied or even won us the game.
    Last edited by YoramG; 18 Oct 20 at 07:44.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

27. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, GenDire

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Sweden

Unlucky with his finishing but still entertains their whole defense by himself.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    He really needs to stop all the negative gesture towards his teammate whenever chances were created . Do you think you are the only one who allow to shoot Lukaku?
    Honestly, I'm so sick of it. If I was playing with him as a teammate, there would be a scene on the pitch.

Like bro, why are you gesturing at hakimi to pass to you from that position? Go fuck yourself.
    Why are you gesturing to barella when your lazy ass didn't make the OBVIOUS RUN? Go fuck yourself.

I don't care how much goals he scores when we are serving him on a plate, easily, 3-4x a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

30. Thanks (3): danz, DARi0, Howl