View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

    5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

    13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

    72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

    24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

    7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

    4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

    8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

    2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

    0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

    9 6.25%
Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2325

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

  1. #2001
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,975
    Thanked
    2,885 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Yet another absurd attempt to change facts. Sorry buddy but you're not relieving any doubt or providing any valuable insight with this to put minds at rest unless you are referring to gullible ignoratnts which I hope aren't present. Firstly, because these things aren't even comparable. But since you wanted to say that Lukaku scores as much as Icardi and does "so much more", let me dissect those numbers for you.

    Lukaku has 14 goals in 22 appearances, playing a total of 1843 minutes. One goal per 132 minutes.
    Icardi has 14 goals in 18 appearances, playing a total of 1163 minutes. One goal per 83 minutes.

    If we exclude PKs, then it's 11 goals in 22 appearances for Lukaku and still 14 goals in 18 appearances for Icardi. Something I remember vividly being a very important argument at the second part of last season, the famous "open play" argument. We've discounted it now I see.
    Shall we count that Icardi plays in fucking France in a team 10 times better than others and has Mbappe, Neymar and Di Maria on his side?

  2. Thanks (2): MVD, syrus

  3. #2002
    Gaindé's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 19
    Posts
    254
    Thanked
    401 times
    Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

    Senegal

    I'd take him scoring against Barca and Fiorentina with a simple tap-in and not scoring two goals against a Genoa side that looked like a weak Serie B team.
    Let's not forget that hadn't he shot on Radu like a moron (yet again) he could even had scored three goals in that game.

    The best thing in the game was leaving the PK for Esposito, the rest was easy against Genoa. Celebrating that way and boasting in the media about doing step-overs is so wrong to me.

    I still can't get over his misses and I don't think that the last game can change that. Lautaro is 4 years younger and yet he was good in our big games.

  4. #2003
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    19,111
    Thanked
    14,577 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Shall we count that Icardi plays in fucking France in a team 10 times better than others and has Mbappe, Neymar and Di Maria on his side?
    That's one parameter to consider out of roughly five dozens. Which is why this isn't a discussion to be had with just a list of 2-3 numbers and people saying that one or the other is greater/more useful because of that.

    It's a silly argument. If you want to do a full and proper comparison, you basically have to compile a scouting report. And that could be 5 pages long for each.

    Your argument here is basically the catalyst as to why I don't rate either Cristiano or Messi as high as Ronaldo, Baggio, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff and other old time greats. But given that the current comparison is made between two players in the same era and football conditions, it's not as catalytic.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  5. #2004
    sakera's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Nov 14
    Posts
    339
    Thanked
    129 times
    Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

    Indonesia

    Comparing lukaku vs icardi..

    Icardi's wife is more bithcy than lukaku's

    Icardi 1 - 0 lukaku

    Icardi scores more goals for inter

    Icardi 2 - 0 lukaku
    Borja Rules!!!

  6. #2005
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    19,111
    Thanked
    14,577 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Random, is Lukaku married or anything? Think he never managed it. Hope he has a deflection machine for those Milano girls because they could tear someone apart
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  7. #2006
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,231
    Thanked
    14,668 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Lukaku tears them apart with you know what.

  8. #2007
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    37,617
    Thanked
    24,183 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF


    But we all knew this.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

  9. Thanks (1): MVD

  10. #2008
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,975
    Thanked
    2,885 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    That's one parameter to consider out of roughly five dozens. Which is why this isn't a discussion to be had with just a list of 2-3 numbers and people saying that one or the other is greater/more useful because of that.

    It's a silly argument. If you want to do a full and proper comparison, you basically have to compile a scouting report. And that could be 5 pages long for each.

    Your argument here is basically the catalyst as to why I don't rate either Cristiano or Messi as high as Ronaldo, Baggio, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff and other old time greats. But given that the current comparison is made between two players in the same era and football conditions, it's not as catalytic.
    I don't have an intention to compare Lukaku and Icardi as both have their strengths and weaknesses and as i said before, they have different roles on the pitch.
    It's more towards you because you are acting like your opinion is unbiased but often missing some facts which don't fit in your argument.


  11. #2009
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    19,111
    Thanked
    14,577 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    I don't have an intention to compare Lukaku and Icardi as both have their strengths and weaknesses and as i said before, they have different roles on the pitch.
    It's more towards you because you are acting like your opinion is unbiased but often missing some facts which don't fit in your argument.
    I haven't really expressed my opinion. I merely expressed my disagreement on what was said before me.

    I really don't have the time to express my opinion and neither will you have the time to read it.

    So keeping it short, I'll just say that I don't care about the consensus or what people prefer or rainbow realities, I only care about the facts and the full picture. And the full picture suggests that we fucked Icardi over and now people are riding Lukaku's cock in the hope that they are vindicated for their crusade on Icardi. And because so far Lukaku has been scoring, people seem too happy with their decision.

    I personally do not care if it's Lukaku, Icardi, Lautaro or Gagliardini scoring the goals as long as we score more than our opponents at the end of the day. The problem lies when people start missing the big picture and pretend as if their personal vindication is avove the club's best interests and pretend that things that are there just aren't. For example Lukaku being a liability for most games he doesn't get on the scoresheet is a fact. But because he may end up on the scoresheet people will be like 'what a great player'. If he doesn't, the same people or others that are hiding when he scores will be like 'worst transfer ever'.

    I don't feel like Lukaku is related to Icardi myself. That's something everyone else seems to bother with and everytime anyone who said that Icardi shouldn't have been treated that way (prior to him retaliating to that treatment) by the club says anything critical about Lukaku it's an instant dick measurement contest as if anyone even bothered about it.

    If you want my opinion, then sure. Icardi would have been a much better fit for the club and we could use Lukaku's money for a real midfielder, aim for the Scudetto and even the Champions League now. But instead we're stuck in this reality and I have to live with it as everyone is else. I've been a fan of Lukaku for almost 10 years now, probably more than people riding his cock now, and I still view him as a bad deal and a bad idea in general. He's been taking it better than I expected in Italy but reality is, he is not even a top 5 player for us at this moment (behind Handanovic, De Vrij, Lautaro, Brozovic and Candreva even). I think expectations should have been higher, instead we seem to be overly pleased with CL disappointment and not living up to the big games in Italy. Stop bringing up Icardi in general. But especially when you want to talk about these things.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  12. Thanks (2): brakbrak, El3na

  13. #2010

    Join Date
    03 Feb 14
    Posts
    3,408
    Thanked
    2,331 times

    Macedonia

    Maybe Icardi's wife should stop mentioning Lukaku.

  14. Thanks (3): Pajo, thatdude, Wobblz

  15. #2011
    R9 Ronaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Oct 10
    Posts
    11,187
    Thanked
    7,333 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Kuwait

    9
    Wanda just jelly Lukaku got a bigger dick and a higher salary...
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

  16. #2012
    rockball's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Apr 05
    Posts
    11,079
    Thanked
    3,776 times
    Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

    Falkland Islands

    0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    FUCK THIS BULLSHIT.

    Every mention of Icardi needs to be auto-blocked. I hope PSG pay that 70m, and he goes there and stays happy for the rest of his life. And his fucking wife never utters a word about Inter ever again.

    Move the fuck on.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

  17. Thanks (3): bjwam4, MVD, Solfice

  18. #2013
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,975
    Thanked
    2,885 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    So keeping it short, I'll just say that I don't care about the consensus or what people prefer or rainbow realities, I only care about the facts and the full picture. And the full picture suggests that we fucked Icardi over and now people are riding Lukaku's cock in the hope that they are vindicated for their crusade on Icardi. And because so far Lukaku has been scoring, people seem too happy with their decision.
    I don't think that someone was "fucked Icardi over" before the events from last winter. There were games where he had gone in Vecino's invisible shoes but people didn't say anything against him because he saved Inter's ass many times. Me and some other members here criticized him for being too not involved in times but that definitely wasn't a hatred.
    After Wanda's comments on TV the things has changed and he got a lot of shits but that is another story.

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I personally do not care if it's Lukaku, Icardi, Lautaro or Gagliardini scoring the goals as long as we score more than our opponents at the end of the day. The problem lies when people start missing the big picture and pretend as if their personal vindication is avove the club's best interests and pretend that things that are there just aren't. For example Lukaku being a liability for most games he doesn't get on the scoresheet is a fact. But because he may end up on the scoresheet people will be like 'what a great player'. If he doesn't, the same people or others that are hiding when he scores will be like 'worst transfer ever'.
    That fits to Icardi as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    If you want my opinion, then sure. Icardi would have been a much better fit for the club and we could use Lukaku's money for a real midfielder, aim for the Scudetto and even the Champions League now.
    I completely disagree here. Icardi would have not been a better fit because of the events that happened before. It was not only Perisic who had a issues with him but according to the information leaked in the media, Handanovic, Brozovic and Skriniar were some of the players who backed stripping off the armband. That means that their relations Icardi with have worsened and i don't think would be so easy for them ignoring what happened. Situation like that can damage not only personal relations but the professional as well. If one wants a strong and united team, one cannot afford such a problems inside in the locker room so basically for me was Icardi - out or Handanovic, Skriniar, brozo and whoever was against him - out.
    NOt to mention that Icardi - Lautaro would have been worst duo than current.
    Last edited by varmin; 25 Dec 19 at 23:34.

  19. Thanks (1): syrus

  20. #2014
    sakera's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Nov 14
    Posts
    339
    Thanked
    129 times
    Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

    Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    Maybe Icardi's wife should stop mentioning Lukaku.
    She wants to replace icardi with lukaku??
    Borja Rules!!!

  21. #2015
    sakera's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Nov 14
    Posts
    339
    Thanked
    129 times
    Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

    Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Wanda just jelly Lukaku got a bigger dick and a higher salary...
    And can hold up the play longer
    Borja Rules!!!


  22. #2016

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,631
    Thanked
    2,403 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The CL disappointment is not only on Lukaku.

  23. Thanks (2): bjwam4, MVD

  24. #2017

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    4,289
    Thanked
    2,146 times
    Fav. Player
    Sensi

    Albania

    Forum Supporter
    That’s true. I blame Marotta not Lukaku for Inter’s early elimination from cl for not getting rid of Vecino and Valero in the summer and replacing them with usable high potential signees.

  25. Thanks (2): DARi0, MVD

  26. #2018
    eduzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 May 18
    Posts
    599
    Thanked
    541 times
    Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

    Ukraine

    Romelu Lukaku

    I think Marotta tried to offload the players you mentioned but there were no buyers or offers we could consider.

  27. #2019
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    11,036
    Thanked
    23,830 times

    Netherlands

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by eduzee View Post
    I think Marotta tried to offload the players you mentioned but there were no buyers or offers we could consider.
    These are two different discussions. Choosing not to sell Valero and Vecino really has little to do with Marotta and more to do with Suning. Do you know what Valero's transfer value is? Negative 2M€, because the only way we could get rid of him was a golden handshake or dry loan. Vecino is worth 20 million, at most, and even then someone would probably want a loan + option BS.

    Marotta could have easily gotten rid of these two idiots, and procured what they're worth. But as I'm trying to explain, neither player would generate the sufficient funds requisite to buying useful players. So the decision not to spend more money on the midfield falls on Suning, and not on Marotta's inability to sell garbage.

    The only way you can blame Marotta is if you want to go down the "we shouldn't have frozen out Icardi and spent money on Lukaku route." If you like Lukaku being here, you can't complain.


  28. #2020
    syrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Nov 16
    Posts
    667
    Thanked
    531 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ AR Adri NB

    England

    We can all agree that a single player does not determine CL qualification or elimination... If so why did it take Icardi nearly 5 seasons for inter to qualify for CL.

    Icardi was no longer wanted by our management , (he was surplus) don't think some of you get it . There is no point discussing it anymore ,

    @Brehme for someone who likes to criticize other people on this forum for their apparent lack of intelligence , you are having an awful time trying grasp the concept that Icardi was deemed expendable by the club and management and for you to still bring it up near the start 2020 is irrational at best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •