View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2301

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    Why do people always have these unrealistic expectations? 125 goals over 5 years is some legendary shit right there and not just 'happy' level.
    125 is a bit exaggerated indeed, yes. But if he stays injury-free, over 100 goals is nothing extraordinary. He has 16 now. Unless he learns to play as a true target player, then my happiness level won't go down even if his goal scoring record would go down.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Thank god he's scoring and has acclimatised so swiftly, cause if he had like 4-5 goals and was off to a shaky start of his Inter career I don't even want to imagine the amount of shit the media would throw at both him, Conte and the management for replacing Icardi with the Belgian.
    Forget about the media. Can you imagine the state of FIF if that was the case?
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Funnily enough, it still is the case
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

4. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Especially some of our older members
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    As the commentator rightly said last night” he [Lukaku] is a beast in the best of times, but this season he has become a monster”. Conte proved many of us wrong about Lukaku.
    Last edited by Palacio; 07 Jan 20 at 21:37.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    As the commentator rightly said last night” he [Lukaku] is beast in the best of times, but this season he has become a monster”. Conte proved many of us wrong about Lukaku.
    Not many. You stand corrected.
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.

10. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    he clearly says: this is for you, brehme

Dear god I should not have read this high
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I've only read things high. Makes it more emotional.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

14. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Here is a stat what Brehme will hate. As per CIES Football Observatory, the two most valued players in Serie A are Lautaro Martinez (€115m) and Romelu Lukaku (€100m). Lukaku has actually increased his market value since Inter overpaid for him.

16. Thanks (3): forzainter257, Palacio, varmin

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Here is a stat what Brehme will hate. As per CIES Football Observatory, the two most valued players in Serie A are Lautaro Martinez (€115m) and Romelu Lukaku (€100m). Lukaku has actually increased his market value since Inter overpaid for him.

Bluenine you missed the funniest part

Lukaku - €100.2m
    Icardi - €50.7m

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Tammy Abraham 103 while Neymar sits at 100

Come on man, these guys are charlatans that try to be relevant to ignorant geeks. Don't stoop so low.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

19. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Tammy Abraham 103 while Neymar sits at 100

Come on man, these guys are charlatans that try to be relevant to ignorant geeks. Don't stoop so low.
    They really overrate English players

Sterling €223.7m
    Sancho €168.9m
    Kane €150.5m
    Rashford €134.3m
    Maddison €112.4m

Netherlands

Can you guys please stop bringing up Brehme, unprovoked, in all of your posts.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Can you guys please stop bringing up Brehme, unprovoked, in all of your posts.
    He is pretty loved at this forum. You jealous?

23. Thanks (1): MVD

only Lukaku could have 250+ goals in his career at the age of 26 (most of which in the EPL and for Belgium) and people would still debate if he sucks or not...
    I won't say he's a bargain like some of you because we paid a fair price for him, but I don't know how much better of a replacement for our best striker his critics were expecting us to get.
    I won't suggest it's racism, but honestly it probably has something to do with it.

25. Thanks (4): ElDuccio, Kakaroto, Pimpin, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot View Post
    only Lukaku could have 250+ goals in his career at the age of 26 (most of which in the EPL and for Belgium) and people would still debate if he sucks or not...
    I won't say he's a bargain like some of you because we paid a fair price for him, but I don't know how much better of a replacement for our best striker his critics were expecting us to get.
    I won't suggest it's racism, but honestly it probably has something to do with it.
    210 goals* lets not make up fact to prove a point.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    There are photos on our official site of some of our players looking genuinely happy. Winning footballers are happy footballers.

The best pic is of Lukaku jokingly hugging Martinez (photos 37-41). I would post them straight into this thread but i do not know how to post photos.

That is how it should be instead of the shitfest we have suffered over the last decade.

You can find the photographs at the following address:

https://www.inter.it/en/news/2020/01...r-seregno.html
    Last edited by Puma; 08 Jan 20 at 06:22.

29. Thanks (5): Choppin Onions, Lui, MVD, Pimpin, varmin

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot View Post
    I don't think it has to do with racism, at least not to me.

I think, similar to Icardi, Lukaku polarizes opinions due to some highly visible and attention-grabbing flaws in his game.

Whether it's a tendency to react slowly, get back onside slowly, a poor first touch, or the occasional, inexplicable missed sitters (e.g. the three potentially game-winning 1v1 chances from 2m out against Barca, Roma and Fiorentina), Lukaku definitely does lack a certain sense or finesse at times.

Thankfully, in spite of the flaws, he still manages to be a fantastic goalscorer and a very useful contributor to our team.

Personally, I'm tired of the debate, but I understand why it exists - because these flaws seem so anomalous and inexplicable for someone of his repute. It's like finding out that a mathematician can't read or something. How can that be? How can an elite forward worth €80m consistently fail to trap a football? or fail to score from 2m out? How can someone his size be so easily bullied off the ball? In his most frustrating moments, I think it's safe to say that most of us have had these thoughts about him.

It seems paradoxical. Indeed, it does make you wonder what could be if he had just a tiny bit more composure and scored those easy 1v1's against Roma, Barca, Fiorentina. It makes you wonder how more effective and consistent he'd be if he improved his anticipation and close-technique. Makes you think, "surely it can't be that hard not to stand around complaining about a stray pass and just hurry back onside instead?"

I know I've had those thoughts plenty of times. At the end of the day though, it is what it is. People are complex and he is all of those things - someone who does have some rather silly weaknesses, but still manages to be one of the top footballers in the world, and a highly valuable asset when utilized correctly.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Pupi, C

Japan

We have been too... linear

33. Thanks (2): andrei, MVD