View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 159 of 171 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162169 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3418

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    BIG ROM !

What the hell is this?

2. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Gaindé View Post
    What the hell is this?
    Apparently he sat like that for a second after the match before the interview with Sky. He was very frustrated by the result. Mentally he says all the right things.

However, on the pitch he is frustrating despite the goals. I would love to see us try some different variations up top. Sanchez - Lautaro or even Pinamonti given an opportunity. We are playing a bit too much for Lukaku and it’s starting to feel a little stale like it did with Icardi. Of course Lukaku is miles better physically and as an all round player. I just feel like we could be even more fluid with someone who doesn’t expect his teammates to magically find him behind 3 defenders.

4. Thanks (6): Batman, CafeCordoba, ciamac, Gaindé, MVD, rfU

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    LOL who of those would start here? Theo all the rest can gladly fuck off like what the fuck would we need rebic for?
    Not sure how anyone could think beppe did a bad job when comparing it to freaking BBilan.
    Ok. I tned to expect more from such players than the over inflated ones. At the end of the season, we will see if Marotta's picks finish the season higher or those of Maldini on the seria a table.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Apparently he sat like that for a second after the match before the interview with Sky. He was very frustrated by the result. Mentally he says all the right things.

However, on the pitch he is frustrating despite the goals. I would love to see us try some different variations up top. Sanchez - Lautaro or even Pinamonti given an opportunity. We are playing a bit too much for Lukaku and it’s starting to feel a little stale like it did with Icardi. Of course Lukaku is miles better physically and as an all round player. I just feel like we could be even more fluid with someone who doesn’t expect his teammates to magically find him behind 3 defenders.
    Oh I didn't see that interview,thanks.

I agree we should try to do more than just find Lukaku, when we are unable to find him, or if he misses his touch we Just look toothless. Yesterday one of the Borussia players (I believe it was either Herrmann or Hoffman) said it. Our game is 99% long Ball for Lukaku. We should try to have more variety, Lautaro ans Sanchez can add that extra bit of unpredictability imo. Our current tactics will work against most of the Serie A teams but it's not enough.

Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

Indonesia

Don't forget that Lautaro's job is to do what Lukaku can't. Thats why we have a duo.

9. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, ElinaYvo

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF
    Most underappreciated player of season 19/20 and 20/21 as voted by FIF members.
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Yeeeaaaaaaa

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Everyone liked to talk about eriksen on international duty as well, lukaku was a beast for Belgium too. Lukaku is a top class striker, I don't know why inter fans are so against that...
    Well, I thought that he can only score against lesser opponents, like the English NT. Oh wait, and he just scored two goals against Iceland, because Belgium was packed with assistmen like Doku, Trossard, Meunier, Carrasco, Witsel and Tielemans....

In regard to saying that we are relying too much on him, I have to agree though. It would be refreshing if we were not as readable as we are. What bothers me most there, is that his plays almost exclusively lead to an attack through the wings, but then he is not present in the box, which he should be when we are crossing the ball. It is funny though, how every Gladbach player knew what the attacking plan, and still couldn't prevent him to create at least five promising situations.

12. Thanks (2): GenDire, Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Thank God he complained like a little bitch just before the first goal. Otherwise he wouldn't have been in that position.

14. Thanks (3): Batman, Gaindé, Universe

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member

Every time he doesn't get a pass or a miscommunication occurs with a teammate, the dickhead holds his hands out and tilts his head to show how stunned he is at their failure to read his dipshit mind. He needs to express, "oh my God man, what are you doing?"

Seriously, it's like a when an infant crosses its arms and pouts, but deliberately does it in front of you, and makes a show out of it, because they need you to know they're upset it's fucking immature.

Let's look at Morata's first goal against Dynamo Kyiv:
    1. Chiesa puts in a low cut back for Ramsey
    2. Ramsey realises he's blocked and passes back to Kulusevski
    3. Kulusevski shoots
    4. GK saves but the rebound is put away by Morata..

Now, I hate Morata. I think he's an absolute retard. But he's done a great job of something Lukaku fails to do so infuriatingly often.

As soon as Morata sees Chiesa's dribble, he makes a run in front of goal to receive a cross from Chiesa. It doesn't arrive and instead the ball is passed to Ramsey. As soon as Ramsey receives the ball, Morata gets back in line with the defense in case of a pass or shot. Again it doesn't arrive. When Ramsey passes back to Kulusevski, Morata moves back in line to get onside again. He anticipates Kulusevski's shot, and as soon as the shot is taken, Morata is advancing on the goalkeeper to put away any potential spill. And he is rewarded with a real poachers goal.

If that was Lukaku in Morata's place, the shithead's neanderthal brain would've been stuck at step 1. He would be standing there, frozen, with his arms out complaining that Chiesa didn't cross to him at the beginning of the attack. Lukaku got lucky against Gladbach.

There has been so many occasions where Lukaku could've scored or been in position to help if he wasn't going out of his way to show his displeasure, like a petulant child. If he does what Morata did on a semi regular basis, he'd have fucking 10 more goals + assists.

Getting reeeeeeeeeeeal sick of his shit. And it's becoming an increasingly costly flaw.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

I'm just surprised people haven't caught with that bad really bad habit of his sooner.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kova10 View Post
    FIF be like: average player.
    I don`t remember anyone calling him average, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    He really needs to stop all the negative gesture towards his teammate whenever chances were created . Do you think you are the only one who allow to shoot Lukaku?
    Who knows, maybe he has a pact with Conte?

Quote Originally Posted by I'mNewHere View Post
    Unlucky with his finishing but still entertains their whole defense by himself.
    It shouldn`t be a question of luck at this level IMO. He is being payed to score goals that win matches, which didn`t happen for a while. I know it`s wrong to compare him with previous striker, but honestly felt like Icardi would have scored those chances against milan. Not sure how he can be helped to step up his efficiency, this is Serie A and you need to convert. Meditation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    I appreciate passion from a player but its the only part of Lukaku's game I don't like throwing his arms out blaming everyone and not taking responsibility and being a leader.
    Does this mean you like his finishing?

“He needs affection and love and when he gets it he really be ones the best that the transfer market can offer.

In terms of quality, attitude and mentality, he is currently the best striker in the world" - his agent Pastorello, speaking to Sky Sports UK. Sounded like a defending lawyer smoking some good shit.

His build-up play is great and he is strong on the counter, my issue with him is finishing, which is actually crucial for a striker. And why would he say Lukaku needs love and affection? Is he mentally strong or not?
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Does this mean you like his finishing?
    5 Games 6 goals, yes I do.
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Yeeeaaaaaaa

21. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Are there stats on his goals for us.....how many inside the box vs outside the box?
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Are there stats on his goals for us.....how many inside the box vs outside the box?
    Outside is like 3-4 total and at least two were from the edge of the box.

Most of his goals come from inside the box, but not the small gk box. He has scored some tap ins, headers and flukes (hybrid tapin header vs Ludogorets) from there. But most seem to come from shots inside the box.
    The rest is penalties.

I think 35% of his goals were shots from inside the box, a quarter is penalties and less than 5% from outside the box. Not sure he is expected to score from outside though.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

It's fine if he scores tap-ins, no problemo. It's good that he scores often, most important thing. He complains a lot, that's not going to change, that's the Lukaku package.

Also we need to slowly integrate Pinamonti because Lukaku can't play 90 mins every 3 days, we WILL lose him to an injury if we don't let him rest. Pinamonti needs some game time too and given that right now Alexis is a mess there is no other way.

25. Thanks (1): Sawyer

Italy

I'm not sure he's all that capable of getting behind defenders in tight spaces. He's at his best beating his man in the open field or using his body in front of goal. You would expect his strike partner to contrast this style, but the tactics have to reflect that also.

I'm not particularly worried about Lukaku-- he's the least of our worries atm. We're no where near as Lukaku-dependent as we were Icardi-dependent imo. That being said, I do understand the criticism and frustration fans have:
    - His habit of throwing his hands up all the time no matter what is particularly annoying, especially given how supportive his teammates are whenever he can't hit the broadside of a barn.
    - He can't hit the broadside of a barn. He simply wastes too many chances; we all know this.
    - His linkup play has gotten a lot better, but he still kills plenty of attacks with his general clumsiness.

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post

Every time he doesn't get a pass or a miscommunication occurs with a teammate, the dickhead holds his hands out and tilts his head to show how stunned he is at their failure to read his dipshit mind. He needs to express, "oh my God man, what are you doing?"

Seriously, it's like a when an infant crosses its arms and pouts, but deliberately does it in front of you, and makes a show out of it, because they need you to know they're upset it's fucking immature.

Let's look at Morata's first goal against Dynamo Kyiv:
    1. Chiesa puts in a low cut back for Ramsey
    2. Ramsey realises he's blocked and passes back to Kulusevski
    3. Kulusevski shoots
    4. GK saves but the rebound is put away by Morata..

Now, I hate Morata. I think he's an absolute retard. But he's done a great job of something Lukaku fails to do so infuriatingly often.

As soon as Morata sees Chiesa's dribble, he makes a run in front of goal to receive a cross from Chiesa. It doesn't arrive and instead the ball is passed to Ramsey. As soon as Ramsey receives the ball, Morata gets back in line with the defense in case of a pass or shot. Again it doesn't arrive. When Ramsey passes back to Kulusevski, Morata moves back in line to get onside again. He anticipates Kulusevski's shot, and as soon as the shot is taken, Morata is advancing on the goalkeeper to put away any potential spill. And he is rewarded with a real poachers goal.

If that was Lukaku in Morata's place, the shithead's neanderthal brain would've been stuck at step 1. He would be standing there, frozen, with his arms out complaining that Chiesa didn't cross to him at the beginning of the attack. Lukaku got lucky against Gladbach.

There has been so many occasions where Lukaku could've scored or been in position to help if he wasn't going out of his way to show his displeasure, like a petulant child. If he does what Morata did on a semi regular basis, he'd have fucking 10 more goals + assists.

Getting reeeeeeeeeeeal sick of his shit. And it's becoming an increasingly costly flaw.
    I agree that he’s frustrating but calling him a Neanderthal brain or dipshit just isn’t true. He’s actually smart and knows exactly what he’s doing, which is why he does it. He does not want to be singled out again like he was at United. He would prefer to make it look like his teammates fault, which isn’t cool but it is what it is.

I think for some reason it’s easier to call black players dumb, when there are still plenty of white players out there who are way worse then Lukaku but we just call them shit strikers. Lukaku isn’t dumb and he’s not a shit sticker but he is frustrating.

28. Thanks (3): ADRossi, MVD, Wings

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

I think Lukaku is a reasonably intelligent player who happens to be a first rate whiner. The thing that frustrates me the most about him is how poorly he presses opposition back lines. I wish he had Belotti's work rate.

30. Thanks (2): MVD, Sawyer

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Well, everyone knows Gagliardini and Candreva are dumb.
    Brozovic is silly and idiotic at times.
    It's not really race related but yeah, I get why you'd think it could be a factor.

Lukaku isn't dumb, he is overeager, selfish in his own way but what you could call an actual disadvantage is that he completely lacks awareness, which is why he gives the impression that he's dumb despite the opposite being true.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

32. Thanks (1): ElinaYvo

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

All objections aside he's one of a kind imo. All non-Inter fans, an amorphous blob in my eyes, are scared shitless of him. And he really looks amazing when he turns and takes on a player.

Sober Adriano.

34. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, Harpsabu