View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 160 of 171 FirstFirst ... 60110150157158159160161162163170 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3418

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I agree that he’s frustrating but calling him a Neanderthal brain or dipshit just isn’t true. He’s actually smart and knows exactly what he’s doing, which is why he does it. He does not want to be singled out again like he was at United. He would prefer to make it look like his teammates fault, which isn’t cool but it is what it is.

I think for some reason it’s easier to call black players dumb, when there are still plenty of white players out there who are way worse then Lukaku but we just call them shit strikers. Lukaku isn’t dumb and he’s not a shit sticker but he is frustrating.
    Are we playing the race card again? Most of our dumb players are white.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Lukaku last year
    GAMES -51
    GOALS - 34

This year
    GAMES - 5
    Goals - 6

All
    56 games, 40goals OFFICIAL GAMES

Yet we arent satisfied with him lol
    Armend Shaini
    Black and Blue, I live for you
    Black and Blue, I'd die for you
    If you only knew, what i'd do for you
    Black and Blue, I Love You...................Te Amo Inter♥

Inter For Life

3. Thanks (5): Harpsabu, MVD, Sawyer, Strale, varmin

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by armendsh View Post
    Lukaku last year
    GAMES -51
    GOALS - 34

This year
    GAMES - 5
    Goals - 6

All
    56 games, 40goals OFFICIAL GAMES

Yet we arent satisfied with him lol
    Just fif things

5. Thanks (2): MVD, Sawyer

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    It has nothing to do with not being satisfied with him, but as long as we don't win, his goals don't matter at all. I mean, of course he has great statistics but somehow he doesn't strike me as a hero despite that he scores constantly and has a great character. In fact, I absolutely respect him for his professionalism and commitment.

He seems a very nice guy and also seems to be attached to our club. I wouldn't mind him being our future captain if something, but I think a player of his physical state has to know better how to hold the ball or even how to get the fouls. Like example you have players like Quagliarella who are far inferior to Lukaku when it comes to physicality but he is a master when it comes to getting fouls and dragging the team forward. Dzeko is another perfect example. Despite his late age, he still kicks ass and is almost impossible to get the ball out of him despite that he's slower and moves like a train.

I don't even wanna compare him to someone who all of you guys keep mention in this thread, but I hope Lukaku will be more decisive for us. I would appreciate much more if he scores one goal and Inter wins rather than he scores every match two goals and Inter loses.

Again, I absolutely love his character and I think that is doing a very good job, but I also think something is lacking on his game, and that is grinta.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Perfectly worded.

I've grown to love this guy. And still I can say I don't see him as the decisive player like Besnik said. His antics on the pitch is one thing but the unreliability of what happens next when the ball is played to him is something which just strikes me not-superstarish. Something which radiates from Lautaro. And I still love Lukaku as a leader and a guy.

8. Thanks (1): Sawyer

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    It has nothing to do with not being satisfied with him, but as long as we don't win, his goals don't matter at all. I mean, of course he has great statistics but somehow he doesn't strike me as a hero despite that he scores constantly and has a great character. In fact, I absolutely respect him for his professionalism and commitment.

He seems a very nice guy and also seems to be attached to our club. I wouldn't mind him being our future captain if something, but I think a player of his physical state has to know better how to hold the ball or even how to get the fouls. Like example you have players like Quagliarella who are far inferior to Lukaku when it comes to physicality but he is a master when it comes to getting fouls and dragging the team forward. Dzeko is another perfect example. Despite his late age, he still kicks ass and is almost impossible to get the ball out of him despite that he's slower and moves like a train.

I don't even wanna compare him to someone who all of you guys keep mention in this thread, but I hope Lukaku will be more decisive for us. I would appreciate much more if he scores one goal and Inter wins rather than he scores every match two goals and Inter loses.

Again, I absolutely love his character and I think that is doing a very good job, but I also think something is lacking on his game, and that is grinta.
    I don’t think it’s as simple as his goals not mattering if we don’t win. And that’s not necessarily a reflection on Lukaku.

I have issues with him as he tends to lack something in big games and I’m not a fan of this tactic of lumping balls into Lukaku constantly for him to bring midfielders and wingbacks into play - but that last one is more of my issue with Conte than Lukaku.

No matter how scrappy our goals were yesterday, he did score 2 goals and were absolutely let down by absolute brain farts in defence. Lukaku’s goals did matter (we got a point after all) but our ridiculous brain farts in defence cost us.

Don’t get me wrong - I think we need to get better offensively and have a Plan B but our defence is leaking goals every single game. Some of them being ridiculous brain farts.

Ideally I’d have preferred Alexis and Lautaro for the big games, but Alexis seems better off the bench overall and while he has much more talent than Lukaku, the guy hardly ever looks like scoring a goal.

We also need to make more use of Eriksen (he was better last game which was good to see). Ideally I would like to see if Eriksen can provide more having someone with Hakimi’s talent on the wings. I could be wrong but I don’t think they’ve started a single game together yet.

10. Thanks (1): ElinaYvo

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Just fif things
    This reminds me of the Kobe versus James Harden debates, where there is a growing minority who believe Harden is the better offensive player based on shooting stats and efficiency (basically averaging as many points per game as Kobe on less shots). But they fail to consider:
    1) Defenders are scared to play Harden physically because of how easily he draws cheap fouls, subsequently giving him free rein to hit the step back 3
    2) Hardens shooting stats fall off a cliff. Kobes don’t.
    3) Harden struggles against organized defence in high pressure situations, Kobe could score over any defence, in any situation.

Where I'm going with this is that stats only tell half the story. They reflect how much our game revolves around Kaku but they don't tell us how many goals were game winning goals or carry jobs. Ibra amassed just 17 goals in the 2007/08 season but he undoubtedly carried us to the scudetto that year.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    For what it’s worth Lautaro is an even bigger Neanderthal than Lukaku with his insistence on hurling himself to ground most of the time. Also that caveman-forehead of his..
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Sawyer, syrus

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    This reminds me of the Kobe versus James Harden debates, where there is a growing minority who believe Harden is the better offensive player based on shooting stats and efficiency (basically averaging as many points per game as Kobe on less shots). But they fail to consider:
    1) Defenders are scared to play Harden physically because of how easily he draws cheap fouls, subsequently giving him free rein to hit the step back 3
    2) Hardens shooting stats fall off a cliff. Kobes don’t.
    3) Harden struggles against organized defence in high pressure situations, Kobe could score over any defence, in any situation.

Where I'm going with this is that stats only tell half the story. They reflect how much our game revolves around Kaku but they don't tell us how many goals were game winning goals or carry jobs. Ibra amassed just 17 goals in the 2007/08 season but he undoubtedly carried us to the scudetto that year.
    What is your point actually? Nobody saying that Lukaku is Ibra or Messi. Some people (including me) just cannot understand the hate he gets almost every game apart of scoring or not.

15. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, syrus

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

But that German player who said something like Inter's all attacking moves go through Lukaku?? Attacking player being a focal point of an attack. Unheard of. It's an exploit. Can't use it.

17. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    For what it’s worth Lautaro is an even bigger Neanderthal than Lukaku with his insistence on hurling himself to ground most of the time. Also that caveman-forehead of his..
    As someone who also has a bigger forehead than most, I can sympathize with Lautaro. Sadly it gets even worse when your hair starts to recede

Anyway I cant hate too much on Lukaku. We have bigger problems than him having a whinge every fixture.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    On one hand, you have his records which are pretty impressive.

But on the other hand, you have someone who was unreliable in big Serie A matches last season (0 goals against Juventus, Lazio and Atalanta, 1 goal against Roma, 2 against Milan and Napoli).

He's a great striker but imo he isn't world class and will never be. I like to have him in the team but we need Lautaro to step up as this guy can't be the leader of our attack if we want to win important trophies. For me the issue is the price. If we had signed him for 40-50m i would be delighted with him. But when you spend around 80m you expect someone of the calibre of Lewandowski or Aguero and he isn't at that level.

20. Thanks (5): ADRossi, eduzee, Howl, MVD, rfU

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Exactly, spending 80m on this guy has hindered our potential. Paying over 50m for him means that we lost a big chance to win something as we could have used the remaining funds to bring someone to reinforce other parts of the squad, or perhaps even waste it on Dzeko that Conte wanted so much.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

22. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    What is your point actually? Nobody saying that Lukaku is Ibra or Messi. Some people (including me) just cannot understand the hate he gets almost every game apart of scoring or not.
    Somehow stating that the player lacks something in some aspects of his game is hating him. And somehow this argument only comes out when people talk about Lukaku.

For instance, one can say that Handanovic has the tendency to watch the ball go into the goal (which is true) and no one will bat an eye.

But oof, if one dares to say Lukaku should stop complaining( which is also true). OOF, big hater in that case.

Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    I would appreciate much more if he scores one goal and Inter wins rather than he scores every match two goals and Inter loses.
    He scored the equalizer vs BM, not his fault we're conceding 2.
    We're down 0-2 vs Milan, he scored 1, rest of the team played badly, not his fault, not Kolarov's fault, it's fuckin Conte's fault.
    He could score 10, still it doesn't matter if we conceded 11.

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Lukaku rose to the occasion, in spite of not scoring vs Rube. Does anyone think less of De Vrij because we conceded 4 goals against them? Or Handa? He's worth every penny, objectively.

26. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, ElinaYvo, Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    But that German player who said something like Inter's all attacking moves go through Lukaku?? Attacking player being a focal point of an attack. Unheard of. It's an exploit. Can't use it.
    Could not find that interview in german so i m not sure if it s not a miss translation. What Ginter did say though is that you cannot really stop/contain lukaku for 90 mins.

Also wtf is wrong with FIF and CFs, how the fuck are we blaming Lukaku he s been great since he s here, and has done the job we got him for.
    Its Icardi all over again our CF is one of the best performers of the team yet when we lose we blame him for our playing style and our loss/draw and not the coach or the players who actually had a shitty game.

Where the Lautaro bashing? DUd has not been half as good as lukaku but somhow it s all roms fault. Btw not saying it s lautaros fault.
    Just astonishing that again somehow one of our top 3 performers this season is made the culprit for our bad results.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

28. Thanks (2): Strale, Verathia

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

It was another player. Here it is.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Could not find that interview in german so i m not sure if it s not a miss translation. What Ginter did say though is that you cannot really stop/contain lukaku for 90 mins.

Also wtf is wrong with FIF and CFs, how the fuck are we blaming Lukaku he s been great since he s here, and has done the job we got him for.
    Its Icardi all over again our CF is one of the best performers of the team yet when we lose we blame him for our playing style and our loss/draw and not the coach or the players who actually had a shitty game.

Where the Lautaro bashing? DUd has not been half as good as lukaku but somhow it s all roms fault. Btw not saying it s lautaros fault.
    Just astonishing that again somehow one of our top 3 performers this season is made the culprit for our bad results.
    You are creating a strawman. Nobody is talking about "fault" for anything. Ultimate Chillbros...
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

31. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    I swear there is no middle point of view in this forum, you are either a fanboy or a hater