View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Chicken & beef salad.
    Dr. Marotta

2. Thanks (2): eduzee, n4l

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Chicken & beef salad.

no veggies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Salad can actually be a more unhealthy meal than any other thing he has that includes "Healthy" Protein, Fats or Carbs.

I would like Conte to release his diet to the public just to see everything he is making these players do.

7. Thanks (5): Batman, GenDire, MVD, n4l, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Hopefully they put this fat fuck on a keto-diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

9. Thanks (2): andrei, MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

I'm cautiously optimistic that Stormzy here will turn a lot of heads during the season and the reason I think that is the guy looks genuinely happy to be here, like borderline excited.

Also Conte wanted him for ages now, it's a true bromance at this point, so I expect them to both work some magic.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

11. Thanks (2): MVD, Rain

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic that Stormzy here will turn a lot of heads during the season and the reason I think that is the guy looks genuinely happy to be here, like borderline excited.

Also Conte wanted him for ages now, it's a true bromance at this point, so I expect them to both work some magic.
    He looks the same as when he joined Chelsea, Everton and MU

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Given the amount we paid for him, I expect him to be ripping this league apart.

And maybe just second to Portuguese Perisic on the scoring board.

You can call this optimistic I guess.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Grande Inter

Bulgaria

Anyone who came into contact with Romelu Lukaku in his first week in Milan was surprised by the simplicity and by the fact that he already knows Italian very well. Friendly, polite and helpful to everyone, Romelu is confirming day after day all the good things were said about him before arriving at Malpensa. A gentle giant, with a contagious grin on his face, Lukaku has never hidden his happiness for this transfer to Italy, desired and chased for months. To achieve it, he had to break out of the traditional ways of doing things by forcing his hand with Manchester United to let him go. In both private and professional life, Lukaku is a very scrupulous person, attentive to everything. In short, he’s a perfectionist.

Yesterday, he spoke with Otro, a digital platform created by the best players around the world of which he is a member along with Messi, Neymar, James Rodriguez and Dybala but also to former great players of the past such as Beckham, Cantona and Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane. In a short clip, Romelu looked back at his first days as an Inter player: “Training sessions are very hard. It’s different. We work a lot in England but here, it’s real work,” said the Belgian with a huge smile. “The city? It’s beautiful but I’m not here to live, I’m here to help the team achieve something,” he added before closing with a joke about Italian cuisine. “Italian food? Salad.” And another laugh. That concept is extreme, of course. But it is true that Lukaku is very attentive to nutrition and as soon as he arrived at Pinetina, he had the opportunity to draw up meal plans with nutritionist Matteo Pincella. But he doesn’t have weight issue. His weight is all tied to muscle mass and losing weight for him would mean losing power. Better to avoid it, for him and for Inter.

The player’s home is currently at the Melia hotel in the San Siro area, a few steps away form the stadium that he has already immortalized in an Instagram story to share with his 4.7 million followers. And it is more or less the area that he has chosen to live. The apartments of his choice are not far in that area and in the City Life community, the new district of Milan’s skyscrapers. Romelu would like a newly built house, suited for his needs, which first of all must be spacious and bright. He spent last Saturday going around town to buy clothes and had dinner with a trusted person. During which, he demanded to watch Inter-Valencia on his mobile phone. His post of congratulating Politano for converting the penalty confirmed it. He then went around town seeing the Duomo, Sforzesco, Navigli and Bosco Verticale… all from his car window.

His days have been pretty non-eventful because he is trying to catch up athletically with his teammates. Waking up at 8:00 am, light breakfast, then off to Appiano Gentile with the car made available by the club. Lukaku spends almost all day at Pinetina, as Conte continues to insist on having double training session. He arrives one hour before morning session then has lunch, rests and then returns to hotel at around 8:00 pm. Big Rom will be presented next week, maybe not like the giant around the city like his welcome video indicates. But it will be an event because a star deserves one. Because Inter “are not for everyone” and neither is Lukaku.

15. Thanks (3): MVD, sikman, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    https://mobile.twitter.com/OTRO/stat...080768512?s=09

Hmm, now that he's eating salad and is finally doing some "real work" at training after so many years, perhaps we'll see an improved version.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/OTRO/stat...080768512?s=09

Hmm, now that he's eating salad and is finally doing some "real work" at training after so many years, perhaps we'll see an improved version.
    the comments... i hope he will be on fire so that people shut the fuck up. That manchester fans thinks that Lukaku was the one to not work hard but it's not like the other 22 over paid players made a better impression in this years. They are defending a club that doesen't even deserve Europa League this year.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

18. Thanks (2): Native, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    A gentle giant, with a contagious grin on his face ...
    Hodor

I always wonder what kind of person you have to be to write such cheesy texts about football players.

20. Thanks (2): Lionheart, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    the comments... i hope he will be on fire so that people shut the fuck up. That manchester fans thinks that Lukaku was the one to not work hard but it's not like the other 22 over paid players made a better impression in this years. They are defending a club that doesen't even deserve Europa League this year.

Yeah it's not like they watched him for 2 years and made the same posts all the time. Also you should lower you expectation, you are setting yourself up for huge disappointment if you are expecting some magical shit from Lukaku. He is good player, who will score goals but it's not like he will work hard for the team. This is something most ManUtd fans agree about Lukaku. His stamina levels suck, after one or two sprints, he gets tired so easily. Hopefully Conte methods work on him.

Were you not defending Inter in the last 6-7 years when Inter was not in CL?
    Last edited by monster09; 14 Aug 19 at 10:33.

22. Thanks (3): MVD, n4l, _OC_

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Yeah it's not like they watched him for 2 years and made the same posts all the time. Also you should lower you expectation, you are setting yourself up for huge disappointment if you are expecting some magical shit from Lukaku. He is good player, who will score goals but it's not like he will work hard for the team. This is something most ManUtd fans agree about Lukaku. His stamina levels suck, after one or two sprints, he gets tired so easily. Hopefully Conte methods work on him.

Were you not defending Inter in the last 6-7 years when Inter was not in CL?
    I am very skeptical about Lukaku, don't get me wrong. But I gotta say I do feel he will do better here than at ManUre. He already looks much more motivated which is obviously most important of all, but I also feel like our/Conte's system is gonna be a much better fit for him. As ManUre... Is a mess that hardly has a system in the first place. Let alone one that's tuned to make the most of Lukaku.
    There's been some some dark cloud hanging over ManUre ever since Fergie left. No matter their lineup, their players and their team as a whole never reach their full potential and almost always play shitty/lackluster football, whoever is in charge as manager. Because not only Lukaku, but none of your players really work all that hard for your team. Star players die a silent death in that shithole. It's like Inter post Mourinho but even worse. I don't know what causes this in your case and I don't care, but I won't be surprised if Lukaku ends up being just another player who's been a lot worse at ManUre than anywhere else. I actually expect it to be so.

Milan as a city is also much less depressing than rainy muddy Manchester. And Inter's position as a CL club and actual title contender at this point, is also more motivating. Because let's face it: ManUre is faded glory. Their fans are still in denial about this but ManUre is now a mediocre club just barely still in PL's top 6. It may be painful but they have officially and indefinitely swapped roles with their city cousins. Which means that despite finishing 2nd on one occassion during a spike because of Mourinho, who knew how to get the most out of this gray mass of shit, they are never even title contenders, let alone CL contenders. And if ever they will be again, I expect the wait to be at least as long as Liverpool's.

I think Lukaku is gonna do better because his far superior new circumstances will motivate him to become that. Better city, better climate, better club playing CL and contending for the league title. I think he will work much harder for the team if only for the fact that it may actually be rewarded with serious trophies here.

And I think it's hilarious that you ManUre fans still act like uppity know it alls who think they can predict Lukaku's future, as if your dying club sets any example of a player's max potential. Because it sure does not. You should get used to your new role as a minor/mediocre side in Europe for decades to come and stop taking a dump on others due to the frustration that comes along with it. Trust me I know what I'm talking about, actually so does everyone on this forum. Our fall from grace was even more abrupt. But, with the risk of jinxing it, I believe that our climb back up is the same.

I mean no hard feelings but this is just the way I think it is.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    I am very skeptical about Lukaku, don't get me wrong. But I gotta say I do feel he will do better here than at ManUre. He already looks much more motivated which is obviously most important of all, but I also feel like our/Conte's system is gonna be a much better fit for him. As ManUre... Is a mess that hardly has a system in the first place. Let alone one that's tuned to make the most of Lukaku.
    There's been some some dark cloud hanging over ManUre ever since Fergie left. No matter their lineup, their players and their team as a whole never reach their full potential and almost always play shitty/lackluster football, whoever is in charge as manager. Because not only Lukaku, but none of your players really work all that hard for your team. Star players die a silent death in that shithole. It's like Inter post Mourinho but even worse. I don't know what causes this in your case and I don't care, but I won't be surprised if Lukaku ends up being just another player who's been a lot worse at ManUre than anywhere else. I actually expect it to be so.

Milan as a city is also much less depressing than rainy muddy Manchester. And Inter's position as a CL club and actual title contender at this point, is also more motivating. Because let's face it: ManUre is faded glory. Their fans are still in denial about this but ManUre is now a mediocre club just barely still in PL's top 6. It may be painful but they have officially and indefinitely swapped roles with their city cousins. Which means that despite finishing 2nd on one occassion during a spike because of Mourinho, who knew how to get the most out of this gray mass of shit, they are never even title contenders, let alone CL contenders. And if ever they will be again, I expect the wait to be at least as long as Liverpool's.

I think Lukaku is gonna do better because his far superior new circumstances will motivate him to become that. Better city, better climate, better club playing CL and contending for the league title. I think he will work much harder for the team if only for the fact that it may actually be rewarded with serious trophies here.

And I think it's hilarious that you ManUre fans still act like uppity know it alls who think they can predict Lukaku's future, as if your dying club sets any example of a player's max potential. Because it sure does not. You should get used to your new role as a minor/mediocre side in Europe for decades to come and stop taking a dump on others due to the frustration that comes along with it. Trust me I know what I'm talking about, actually so does everyone on this forum. Our fall from grace was even more abrupt. But, with the risk of jinxing it, I believe that our climb back up is the same.

I mean no hard feelings but this is just the way I think it is.
    Have to say, it must be wonderful in the dreamland, when the reality hits hard it'll be so painful.

I have read these messages more or less with same version when he signed for ManUtd. How he is super motivated, finally he found the place to showcase his talent and even more nonsense.

All this "he is super motivated" is hilarious, I said it before he signed, he is very good in the interviews, talks the big talk nicely but it's what he does on the pitch that counts.

Not saying he is bad player but what he says in interview and what you get from him on the pitch is completely different.

Also it's hilarious that from shitting on Lukaku in every post to this once he was signed, nice 180 degree change in the opinion.

Edit: Missed it in the wall of text but "contending for the league title" When did that happen?

25. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Well, he's "our" fat piece of crap player now, so...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Salad can actually be a more unhealthy meal than any other thing he has that includes "Healthy" Protein, Fats or Carbs.

I would like Conte to release his diet to the public just to see everything he is making these players do.
    Ha, I remember when Tuchel went to PSG he made a list of acceptable food that players could eat and demanded that Parisian bars, clubs and restaurants would either black list his players or give him a full report of what they had as well as the full ingredients list Not sure if any of them complied, but I remember lots of Parisian media was making fun of this

If Conte weren't Italian I'm pretty sure he'd have a similar strategy
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Have to say, it must be wonderful in the dreamland, when the reality hits hard it'll be so painful.

I have read these messages more or less with same version when he signed for ManUtd. How he is super motivated, finally he found the place to showcase his talent and even more nonsense.

All this "he is super motivated" is hilarious, I said it before he signed, he is very good in the interviews, talks the big talk nicely but it's what he does on the pitch that counts.

Not saying he is bad player but what he says in interview and what you get from him on the pitch is completely different.

Also it's hilarious that from shitting on Lukaku in every post to this once he was signed, nice 180 degree change in the opinion.

Edit: Missed it in the wall of text but "contending for the league title" When did that happen?

There are countless of examples of players not fitting in one team, then they switch and play great for another team. There are so many factors here. The fact is that italian league is much different to epl, same with Inter to man utd. We'll see how it goes.

I remember how dzeko move to roma was hailed by few, but he turned out suprisingly well for roma.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter

< ... bunch of shit ... >
    I totally didn't see this bunch of predictable responses coming.

You can go on and pretend like you know this guy through and through, but all you've ever seen is him being this motivated when signing for ManUre. And then you witnessed him becoming a fat (pun intended) disappointment. Which is not exactly strange. He was happy when he signed but became lackluster when he realized what kinda craphole he was in. Did you watch his interviews from when he went to Everton? Same stuff, only he did deliver afterwards. Because Everton wasn't some suicide inducing shithole. I'm getting a little tired of you pretending you can predict the future while you don't have a fuckin' clue if this is gonna be an Everton or a ManUre case. Signs are pointing to the former and you hate it.

Well you can quite easily go back and read the answer to your question. I'm talking about the upcoming season where we look like we'll finally be able to challenge juBe, as we are finally starting to look like an actually organized team mostly due to Conte, while juBe are in the worst spot they've been in this entire decade. Please remain salty about this though, I like the taste.

Well you can quite easily go back and read how I told you I'm very skeptical of this signing. While it is true that I am slowly getting used to the idea of Lukaku in our team by starting to focus on the (potential) positives, because what else can I do now that he's here, all that I actually said is that I think he'll do better here than at ManUre and why I think so. That's literally everything. This isn't a 180 degree change in my mind but I suppose you felt obliged to do some shit talking to me as I roasted your mid table club.

You shitting on Lukaku so hard -- it almost feels like you actually resent the fact that he left without a proper replacement, preferring us above ManUre so damn hard.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

31. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Dzeko also was more experienced and his playing style did not rely on pace since he always had great technique. Dzeko also didn't cost 65M+

The biggest issue here for lukaku is price and icardi (goal scoring + consistency over multiple seasons). He has a high bar and i think just being 'decent' will not be enough. Huge pressure.

Curious too. His best playing style is on the counter, and that's what OGS essentially switched to at ManU and he still didn't really work out. Monster, what was the reasons for that in your opinion? I only watch manU vs the other top teams so sample size is not big enough..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.