View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 50 of 87 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1729

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    He did. He never stood still, moved all the time. He always had two players covering him. He also moved behind them well, shame his end product and decision making were as crap as they can be in a game..
    As I said before. The only thing he really adds (distracting defenders) can be done by any youngster 1/10th of his price.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

2. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    As I said before. The only thing he really adds (distracting defenders) can be done by any youngster 1/10th of his price.
    Errrm, not really, but OK.

Still had shit game nevertheless, but it's not as easy job as you claim it is.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    He did. He never stood still, moved all the time. He always had two players covering him. He also moved behind them well, shame his end product and decision making were as crap as they can be in a game..
    I'm gonna let it go. But i 100000% disagree. Maybe somebody will dig up distance covered, heat map, touches etc......

ps. it's impossible that he was covered by 2 players. It was him and lautaro against bonucci and delight. The WBs pushed up. At most, pjanic would come to cover or if him or lautaro dropped into mid to receive, they'd be covered by their main marker plus pjanic or khedira/matuidi depending on where they dropped to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    I'm gonna let it go. But i 100000% disagree. Maybe somebody will dig up distance covered, heat map, touches etc......

ps. it's impossible that he was covered by 2 players. It was him and lautaro against bonucci and delight. The WBs pushed up. At most, pjanic would come to cover.
    It was usually De Ligt and Pjanic. De Ligt was near him ALL the time, and Pjanic most of the time stood close as well. That should have given ouor midfield space, but Sensi got injured and Vecino.. Well, he was Vecino.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    It was a matter of time before coaches and defenders realize that he is useless and used by Conte as a distraction. What would Conte do when this happens?

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    It was a matter of time before coaches and defenders realize that he is useless and used by Conte as a distraction. What would Conte do when this happens?
    Ask for Morata
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    Wow, FIF's overdramtization of everything is back in full swing it seems.

Lukaku had a decent first half, yes it wasn't his best game but I didn't see us creating too much for him since our attack was isolated. He had some bad passes, but I don't think Lautaro's not getting half the shit he's getting for not even passing to D'ambrosio who was in acres of space. I honestly think he's a useful option and together with Lautaro and Sanchez being options we have a decent attack.

Or instead of being rational We ShOuLd GeT oUr MoNeY bAcK fRoM uNiTeD.
    Lautaro is not getting half the shit because he cost less than 1/3 of the price of Lukaku.

9. Thanks (1): phonk

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Only game I was satisfied with Lukaku was the first game. This can also be something that is caused by Martinez. If Lukaku had the stats he has now with +4 assist then I'd give him a thumbs up. So lets see when Sanchez get his lazy ass working and drops the Melo attitude on the pitch.

To get the best out of Lukaku we have to have good players around him. He is not Icardi, many strikers can't do what Icardi can. Lets not have that kind of expectation for Lukaku.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

11. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

I'm not exactly overwhelmed by his performance so far, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt at least until he gets healthy again.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

His biggest challenge will be learning the Serie A. He seems to think he has space around him, when he does not. He can do so much more with his physicality.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

14. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Nero Indigo

Old name
    the dude

Sweden

It's not like he plays against serie c teams so he can constantly use his physicality.

He plays against men who have trained their all life. Dont let muscle size fool anyone. Strength and mass not the same.

But as CafeCordoba said it perfectly, for the money we spent, he better start doing more than "open spaces".

And also, can someone give me a clip or something with this "he open spaces" thing that's been going on, I want to see first hand what is that all about. To whom he opened said space and how was that used in our teams favor.

Was he in someone else's space and then just moved away, or what is happening?

(I get the concept, as many of us do here, but I don't think that happens as often as people make it seem here)
    Guacamole

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Well, every kickout or long ball handa played in the second half lukaku was standing offside and therefore didn't compete for them. Every time so I couldnt understand it

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    There's nothing irrational about saying that we overpaid for him and that he'll never live up to his price tag and salary.
    In today's market? We paid 63 million in five years. Pretty good deal for a great striker.

But I'll trust you guys over Conte.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Please tell me who believed that because I don't know anyone who did
    There were some guy kept coming back and forth whenever Lukaku scored, can’t remember his name.

But yeah, overly optimistic to the point of delusional.

Just monitor the thread next time we face Lecce or something.
    Dr. Marotta

20. Thanks (2): n4l, Native

Greece

In today's market? We paid 63 million in five years. Pretty good deal for a great striker.

But I'll trust you guys over Conte.
    No, we've paid 80m. And there's no 5 years. We're gonna pay at least 75m if we sell him at the end of the season and they even have a % on top of that Whether we pay this today or in 5 years or in 20 years it doesn't mean shit. We still made a deal worth 80m for Lukaku.

And he's not a great striker. He's a good striker, but not really great. Never was great and never will be. Could have been if he had improved parts of his game since he was 16, but he didn't really do much to help his cause. Could have gotten Belotti who is a better striker for slightly over a third of the cost as he'd never ask for 9m a year salary and Torino would probably sell him for 50m including some kids or Gagliardini or something.

Conte uomo di merda

22. Thanks (2): eduzee, Nothing

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Belotti is really underrated.

24. Thanks (3): eduzee, Nothing, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    No, we've paid 80m. And there's no 5 years. We're gonna pay at least 75m if we sell him at the end of the season and they even have a % on top of that Whether we pay this today or in 5 years or in 20 years it doesn't mean shit. We still made a deal worth 80m for Lukaku.

And he's not a great striker. He's a good striker, but not really great. Never was great and never will be. Could have been if he had improved parts of his game since he was 16, but he didn't really do much to help his cause. Could have gotten Belotti who is a better striker for slightly over a third of the cost as he'd never ask for 9m a year salary and Torino would probably sell him for 50m including some kids or Gagliardini or something.
    Conte said it's 63 million hmm who should I believe?
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Greece

Conte said it's 63 million hmm who should I believe?
    His agency said it was a 80m deal. It's actually one of the few parties who are liable for taxation on that deal so I doubt there is much incentive in inflating the true value unless you think they are in some sort of production industry where people will keep buying their stuff because they sell well...

When did Conte reveal the transfer figure? And why does even 63m make it ok when the guy is barely worth half of that?

Conte uomo di merda

Netherlands

Condescending Brehme strikes again...

He's been quite underwhelming so far, but he has made a difference. I'm confident he's going to offer more going forward, I'm just not sure how much more. Conte loves to have a forward who can sit at the halfway line and knock down long balls to help with build-up play. Odd choice targeting a player with one of the worst first touches imaginable to fit that roll.

28. Thanks (5): A.l.i, MVD, Pajo, Rain, thatdude

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Maybe coaches get shit wrong more times than not... Even the best ones

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

30. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD