View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    Lukaku has dealt nothing but disrespect in his career but doesn't let it affect him on the pitch. That's the kind of attitude a player need to suceed at Inter
    ??? Where was the disrespect was he not considered one of the biggest cf talents in europe at like 16? Did he not sign a major contract with chelsea(his fav team) when he was 18? And was he not a starter for his NT since he s 17? Where s the disrespect? That he did not start when he was 18 in a chelsea side that was loaded?

Yes maybe mou should not have sent him away when he only had ba torres and Etoo and yes manu fans got on his back fast for being fat but to be fair he looked overweight back then.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Come on. NT is NOTHING compared to the daily/weekly GRIND of the league. It has nothing to do with tactics and fit; you just cannot say "hey, look i scored some goals with belgium NT so it must mean I'm not as bad as people say"...

belgium played 7?? games in WC? He boasts about his "i scored 4 goals in world cup", yet he scored against fucking Panama and Tunisia (first 2 games, 2x each) and did shit else the tournament. Didn't do shit against Japan, Brazil or France when shit really mattered and it wasn't a total shit team. Why doesn't he talk about how he couldn't score against those teams? Is he just riding the coat tails of belgium just being a damn good team with great players?

Accept some responsibility for your play and contribution when the team didn't do well (ManU). It's not like he was actually playing well and his teammates were shitting themselves (like a Handa or skriniar could say). He was part of why they were shit. He did prove he could not play well with what OGS wanted, whether that's stamina related or technically/tactically related (can't control the ball quick enough and release the ball quick enough). He wasn't great with what Jose wanted either; just 'not bad'.
    Oh yeah, like it's so common for football players who are playing for best clubs to admit their failures or shortcomings. Even your boy icardi cannot admit to his own failures.

I'm not fond of this attitude, but pointing out something that is common for most football players (who have to be a bit arrogant to succeed at this level) at the high level for a specific player is rich.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Oh yeah, like it's so common for football players who are playing for best clubs to admit their failures or shortcomings. Even your boy icardi cannot admit to his own failures.

I'm not fond of this attitude, but pointing out something that is common for most football players (who have to be a bit arrogant to succeed at this level) at the high level for a specific player is rich.
    Counter point: Zlatan is/was always so humble

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Didn't do shit against Japan, Brazil or France when shit really mattered and it wasn't a total shit team.
    Hate to be nitpicky but he did do quite well against Brazil I thought despite playing on the wing. Grabbed an assist too iirc. (Caveat that it's a lower standard of competition than Serie A, etc etc).

Anyway I'm really not sure what Conte wants from him. Conte has a history of using strikers who are good at bringing others into play. I rate Lukaku more than most here probably, but he doesn't do that, at least not in the way they have. I think Dzeko was a much closer fit to Conte stylistically. Maybe he thinks he can mold Lautaro into this role.

Also is anyone else worried that Lukaku seems quite sensitive to criticism? Afraid of how that will work with the Italian media.

5. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I don't think it was about the criticism as much as it was that he wanted Man UTD to back him because the whole team had been underperforming. From what i saw in the podcast he seems like a guy who just wants to enjoy his football and do well.

Fav. Player
    Kharja

United States

90 10 years of FIF
    Lukaku has the strength to be given the ball and then feed it. Weren't a good chunk of his plays in the Premier with back toward goal shielding the ball and then distributing it?? I know that's not his specialty, but I always thought he was decent any time he shielded the ball, and he was always a better passer than most people of his stature. I think Toro and Lukaku will be rotating rolls depending on situations but I think both have the skill set to flourish under Conte.

Also about the sensitivity remark, I assume you are talking about some of his social posts. I'm pretty sure that was all a giant joke and not someone "butthurt/sensitive". If your talking about the podcast I haven't had a listen to that yet but saw some of the things he said. Didn't seem sensitive but more him trying to give his side of things as anyone would expect a pro to do.
    Only One Inter

I'm so high I can eat a Star

8. Thanks (2): GenDire, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

I don't rate him that high as a player but he seems like an all around decent person.

Frankly, his criticism of the EPL and Man U is a fairly common criticism and one that even I feel is probably true: the EPL and its clubs LOVE to blame non-english players for all the failures of its club and severely downplays when english players suck. THey also massively overrate and overpay for english players.

don't think this is new.

Fav. Player

Belgium

Lukaku should just shut it, Sure Man United did this and that, but be a professional and just shut it down.
    I know him well reading and seeing multiple interviews in the Belgian media. He has a trackrecord of always being the victim. He also has little to no selfreflection, I can allready predict him saying the same stuff about Inter, Serie A or the interisti in the nearby future. Boohoo I'am not this or that because of him, the fans or the league...

11. Thanks (3): DARi0, n4l, Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Like i said in the whatsapp, he needs to realize that anti-Inter italian media is way worse than english media, and we have our 2 biggest league games very early v Milan and Juve.

Bring the goals bro...
    Last edited by n4l; 23 Aug 19 at 00:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

13. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    That we agree too, and the whole Lukaku purchase, which I mentioned before is a gamble. I give it a year to decide whether it payed off or we're screwed. The Cancelo deal seemed useless too at first, but then he became huge suprise. Hopefully that won't be the case here and Lukaku wil show his worth early on. Lets be hopefull, but there is no doubt there is no other place on earth with such a unique press coverage like Inter in Italy.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

15. Thanks (1): ChillBro

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

This fucking forum. They complain about Icardi, then they complain about Lukaku. What do you want? Someone who scores or someone who scores and helps other to score?

Never fucking satisfied
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

17. Thanks (2): ChillBro, MVD

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Someone who scores and someone who helps others to score.

In other words: Icardi + Lukaku

Forza MI7 + RL9
    Dr. Marotta

19. Thanks (1): Adriano

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Someone who scores and someone who helps others to score.

In other words: Icardi + Lukaku

Forza MI7 + RL9
    As usual in your world you receive everything upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    This fucking forum. They complain about Icardi, then they complain about Lukaku. What do you want? Someone who scores or someone who scores and helps other to score?

Never fucking satisfied
    I was just complaining that Lukaku complains to much. Other then that I have high hopes because he is what the manager wants, and that can make a huge difference.
    But like I said.... Lukaku likes to victimize himself, so don't be surprised in the nearby future when he has another sissy fit.

23. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    As usual in your world you receive everything upside down.

The inverse of inverse makes it right.
    Dr. Marotta

25. Thanks (3): Candreva Crosses, MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    #4, Recoba,Eto

England

Personally I hope Lukaku gains 30kg. Just pure batter ppl.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    The inverse of Universe is right.
    Fixed.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

28. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Ok

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Right leg vs left leg there is just so one sided.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Kharja

United States

90 10 years of FIF
    If that was sarcasm excuse me for missing it lmao but:

That's called gravity and him running.

Imagine jerking off real hard. Which arm looks bigger? (If your not using two hands like I need to)
    Only One Inter

I'm so high I can eat a Star

33. Thanks (1): GenDire