View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

    5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

    13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

    72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

    24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

    7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

    4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

    8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

    2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

    0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

    9 6.25%
Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1804

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

  1. #1421

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    3,791
    Thanked
    1,569 times
    Fav. Player
    Sensi

    Albania

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    Rewatch the first goal, one of our players pulled two players with him and Vecino got a free header.
    Good point.

  2. #1422
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,984
    Thanked
    13,250 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    Rewatch the first goal, one of our players pulled two players with him and Vecino got a free header.
    He pulled two players? Really?

    First of all, he "pulled" only his man marker. And second, he wanted to receive the ball, he didn't make a dummy run. It was too obvious that his intention was to get into a scoring position and that included charging towards a stationary defender as well as being man marked. He wanted a low cross to the first post, that's all his move showed. The fact that it enabled an easier path for Vecino is a plus of course, but let's not act as if it was the intention. He looked surprised when the ball went over him and then he was thumbsupping Lazaro in a way that was like "good job mate, that was a better decision".
    Vecino did not have a free header though. He was man marked and jumped over his marker. Lukaku's marker drifted wide and there was a spare defender where Lukaku moved. Overall, a shit decision by Lukaku which would have not been remembered if it wasn't for a good cross by Lazaro and an excellent header from Vecino. If you want to see Lukaku making a dummy you can watch some of his Belgium games. It is too obvious on the way he does it and his look afterwards when his intention is such.

    Also, prior to that ball to Lazaro from Bastoni, he was sitting at the edge of the box screaming to the kid to pass it to him... He clearly wanted to be involved in that situation so claiming that he "pulled two players" is just off, not only because he only pulled one defender, but because it is clear that he wanted to be the guy involved in that attack.

    Vecino on the other hand just pounced in by moving backwards when the ball reached Lazaro. His off the ball movement is something else compared to Lukaku's.

    Maybe you should rewatch the goal and also rewatch all other situations where Lukaku moves and he demands to receive the ball (he complains when the chance goes wasted if he doesn't get the ball to the wrong position he's getting himself into. When you rewatch the goal tell me how aware Lukaku feels of the whole thing and how in touch Vecino is with the flow of the situation...

    Speaking of movements, want to rewatch Barella's goal? If that shot was 1 second later, then freaking Lukaku and his man marker would have gotten in the way, hopping slowly towards the center while Barella held the ball.... He stopped when the shot came. But to be fair and clear, he did tell Esposito to scram from that location which liberated some space there to enable a scoring chance.

    The one thing that frustrated me the most, and it wasn't that Lol-Kaku moment with the header or the ball skimming between his legs after that Bastoni effort, was when Vecino almost scored with the ball on the line. He was just standing there pointing his hand in hope that it would go in. Zero sign of urgency to run towards the ball, zero interest in bullying the GK and the defenders at a moment of panic. He was just walking about behind a defender whilst being 2 meters away from the ball. I understand de Vrij who was 5m away not going for it, I understand Lazaro not going for it who was further wide and further away to the ball than De Vrij. I just don't fucking understand how a scoring player just stands, moving his feet slower than a zoppa nonna when the ball is so close to the goal. I mean you know there's that goal line technology thingy on the ref's wrist, pounce on the fucking ball even if you think he's late and take whatever chance you may get to score that shit! He was still standing at the same spot when the ball was cleared that even the goalkeeper was further than the goal until he moved away ffs. Odds to score that are low, but that's when you show your scoring instict.

    Also, the other situation that 'hurt' me was when Bastoni took that shot. Lukaku was just walking around. Didn't even get into the box properly... Even his marker abandoned him there.

    At times he just seems so lazy. There seems to be no sense of the play when he's not an intended recipient of the ball. Which really is bothering me as it was something I remember him being good at. Reading the game and reading where his teammates are. Maybe I was wrong...
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  3. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Nothing

  4. #1423
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    10,678
    Thanked
    22,601 times

    Netherlands

    94
    I do agree that there are several moments where he comes across as lazy. Strikers like Belotti who never stop moving (both in attack and defense) are a rare breed, but too often Lukaku just stands around.


  5. #1424

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    3,791
    Thanked
    1,569 times
    Fav. Player
    Sensi

    Albania

    Forum Supporter
    But he seems to be lucky and is liked by Conte and this is enough to keep him.

  6. #1425
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Feb 09
    Posts
    9,795
    Thanked
    21,068 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Lukaku WAITS for the ball to come to the spot he got in the first place. He is offside for 90-100% of the duration of the situation.
    Dude, drop your agenda for a minute and read what you are writing. 90-100% of the duration?

    And again, not sure why is Icardi being compared here. Even if Lukaku is half the player Icardi is, it doesn't matter. For the umpteenth time, Icardi at Inter is OVER due to NON-FOOTBALLING reasons. And very deservingly so.

  7. Thanks (2): DM_, syrus

  8. #1426
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,984
    Thanked
    13,250 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    We are talking about Lukaku only. The course of action we took to replace our prolific number 9. Any comparison that comes may or may not have to do with the fact that we bought Lukaku for more than we are selling Icardi and also gave him a contract worth more than twice as much as Mauro's...

    And yes, 90-100% of a situation's duration (ie the moment a chance seems to emerge) when Lukaku is around the box or inside it, just look at him, he simply waits and points at the player holding the ball to pass it to him.

    He even did that to Bastoni before the Lazaro pass which is an easy one to spot since it's part of a goal.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  9. #1427
    phonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 May 18
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanked
    2,686 times
    Fav. Player
    Insomnia

    Europe

    Brehmelu Lukaku
    I did it all for the nookie

  10. Thanks (1): MVD

  11. #1428
    Gaindé's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 19
    Posts
    168
    Thanked
    285 times
    Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

    Senegal

    My biggest issue with Lukaku, other than the fact that he can't control a ball, is how unfit he looks.
    He walks A LOT, and I mean an awful lot and with Lautaro running everywhere on the pitch it is even easier to spot. I was no fan of the guy at the beginning but given that we bought him already I still wish and want him to do well.
    I wanted to believe that he would prove those who criticised him wrong but every single thing that was said about him was actually right, maybe exagerated but right.
    He is no help against tough opponents, he has a worse first touch than Alvaro Pereira and seems very very heavy and clunky. I get so frustrated watching him sometimes.
    I hope he keeps scoring tap-ins and PK.

  12. Thanks (3): Adriano, CafeCordoba, Nothing

  13. #1429
    Sassuolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,962
    Thanked
    7,665 times
    Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    He pulled two players? Really?

    First of all, he "pulled" only his man marker. And second, he wanted to receive the ball, he didn't make a dummy run. It was too obvious that his intention was to get into a scoring position and that included charging towards a stationary defender as well as being man marked. He wanted a low cross to the first post, that's all his move showed. The fact that it enabled an easier path for Vecino is a plus of course, but let's not act as if it was the intention. He looked surprised when the ball went over him and then he was thumbsupping Lazaro in a way that was like "good job mate, that was a better decision".
    Vecino did not have a free header though. He was man marked and jumped over his marker. Lukaku's marker drifted wide and there was a spare defender where Lukaku moved. Overall, a shit decision by Lukaku which would have not been remembered if it wasn't for a good cross by Lazaro and an excellent header from Vecino. If you want to see Lukaku making a dummy you can watch some of his Belgium games. It is too obvious on the way he does it and his look afterwards when his intention is such.

    Also, prior to that ball to Lazaro from Bastoni, he was sitting at the edge of the box screaming to the kid to pass it to him... He clearly wanted to be involved in that situation so claiming that he "pulled two players" is just off, not only because he only pulled one defender, but because it is clear that he wanted to be the guy involved in that attack.

    Vecino on the other hand just pounced in by moving backwards when the ball reached Lazaro. His off the ball movement is something else compared to Lukaku's.

    Maybe you should rewatch the goal and also rewatch all other situations where Lukaku moves and he demands to receive the ball (he complains when the chance goes wasted if he doesn't get the ball to the wrong position he's getting himself into. When you rewatch the goal tell me how aware Lukaku feels of the whole thing and how in touch Vecino is with the flow of the situation...

    Speaking of movements, want to rewatch Barella's goal? If that shot was 1 second later, then freaking Lukaku and his man marker would have gotten in the way, hopping slowly towards the center while Barella held the ball.... He stopped when the shot came. But to be fair and clear, he did tell Esposito to scram from that location which liberated some space there to enable a scoring chance.

    The one thing that frustrated me the most, and it wasn't that Lol-Kaku moment with the header or the ball skimming between his legs after that Bastoni effort, was when Vecino almost scored with the ball on the line. He was just standing there pointing his hand in hope that it would go in. Zero sign of urgency to run towards the ball, zero interest in bullying the GK and the defenders at a moment of panic. He was just walking about behind a defender whilst being 2 meters away from the ball. I understand de Vrij who was 5m away not going for it, I understand Lazaro not going for it who was further wide and further away to the ball than De Vrij. I just don't fucking understand how a scoring player just stands, moving his feet slower than a zoppa nonna when the ball is so close to the goal. I mean you know there's that goal line technology thingy on the ref's wrist, pounce on the fucking ball even if you think he's late and take whatever chance you may get to score that shit! He was still standing at the same spot when the ball was cleared that even the goalkeeper was further than the goal until he moved away ffs. Odds to score that are low, but that's when you show your scoring instict.

    Also, the other situation that 'hurt' me was when Bastoni took that shot. Lukaku was just walking around. Didn't even get into the box properly... Even his marker abandoned him there.

    At times he just seems so lazy. There seems to be no sense of the play when he's not an intended recipient of the ball. Which really is bothering me as it was something I remember him being good at. Reading the game and reading where his teammates are. Maybe I was wrong...
    Meh, Ok those two defenders didn't move with Lukaku, I imagined it.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

    GRAZIE LUCIANO!

    WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

  14. #1430
    Nothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Mar 18
    Posts
    278
    Thanked
    207 times
    Fav. Player
    Barella

    Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaindé View Post
    My biggest issue with Lukaku, other than the fact that he can't control a ball, is how unfit he looks.
    He walks A LOT, and I mean an awful lot and with Lautaro running everywhere on the pitch it is even easier to spot. I was no fan of the guy at the beginning but given that we bought him already I still wish and want him to do well.
    I wanted to believe that he would prove those who criticised him wrong but every single thing that was said about him was actually right, maybe exagerated but right.
    He is no help against tough opponents, he has a worse first touch than Alvaro Pereira and seems very very heavy and clunky. I get so frustrated watching him sometimes.
    I hope he keeps scoring tap-ins and PK.
    You forgot Lukaku's 5cm jump height lol

  15. Thanks (1): Gaindé

  16. #1431
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    2,900
    Thanked
    4,240 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    Icardi is on worth his 70 mil after all the drama. It was up around 100 when he was in form.

    Crazy how a guy who allegedly can't run, jump, breathe, anticipate or control the ball, has scored ~160 times in his career. 0nce he irons out those little flaws, we have a 50 goal scorer.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

  17. #1432
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    23,640
    Thanked
    13,958 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    It would be fantastic if he ironed those out but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

  18. Thanks (1): Nothing

  19. #1433
    ElDuccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Mar 13
    Posts
    8,826
    Thanked
    8,370 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

    Italy

    37
    i keep not understanding why Lukaku is so much hated for he's negative parts while Icardi never got that hate. Ok maybe in the games where he was invisible but generelly Icardi got always praised like Messi here. It's ridiciolous. It's not important how Lukaku is playing, people continues saying Icardi was better and that Lukaku is shit which is wrong. Fuck that tbh...

    I never really saw people hating Icardi for example he's poor skills or how much he is slow. A lot of times he was not active, it was like playing with 10 players. It's not like you score 3 goals against Milan you can do nothing for 1 month for example. Icardi was exactly this striker, it was frustrating to watch some times. A lot of times it was like he was not present on field.

    The most entertaining thing is that 80% of the hate comes from Icardi fans. This are not Inter fans. Go in the PSG forum to suck he's dick, this is a INTER forum and not forza FC Icardi forum.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

    #IcardiOut

  20. Thanks (2): PHM1605, thatdude

  21. #1434
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    23,640
    Thanked
    13,958 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    I'm definitely not hating any Inter player (actually I'm not probably hating any player, too strong word). I'm disliking Lukaku when he's playing shitty, which is most of the time. I love his goals (of course), but it won't help me disliking his overall game. Comparisons it Icardi related to overall game is off because Icardi played the lone-striker role, so it's not totally comparable. Lukaku is simply doing basic stuff wrong way too much. It's not like he's a youngster who's learning the game.

    That's my reasoning for critical posts regarding Lukaku.


  22. #1435
    ElDuccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Mar 13
    Posts
    8,826
    Thanked
    8,370 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

    Italy

    37
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I'm definitely not hating any Inter player (actually I'm not probably hating any player, too strong word). I'm disliking Lukaku when he's playing shitty, which is most of the time. I love his goals (of course), but it won't help me disliking his overall game. Comparisons it Icardi related to overall game is off because Icardi played the lone-striker role, so it's not totally comparable. Lukaku is simply doing basic stuff wrong way too much. It's not like he's a youngster who's learning the game.

    That's my reasoning for critical posts regarding Lukaku.
    as lone striker you still need to be involved and all this stuff.. youre saying this like playing role striker is a diffrent sport. He was also not good enough a lot of times. So it does not change what i said.

    Do you think Icardi would do better? Lukaku still scored and still is a lot involved. Yeah he has for sure to improve, i can understand why people does not like him. But i would like to know what makes him so diffrent from Icardis play style. I don't think that Icardi would make more. He's a good finisher but nothing more then that for me.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

    #IcardiOut

  23. #1436

    Join Date
    22 Feb 19
    Posts
    59
    Thanked
    22 times

    Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    i keep not understanding why Lukaku is so much hated for he's negative parts while Icardi never got that hate. Ok maybe in the games where he was invisible but generelly Icardi got always praised like Messi here. It's ridiciolous. It's not important how Lukaku is playing, people continues saying Icardi was better and that Lukaku is shit which is wrong. Fuck that tbh...

    I never really saw people hating Icardi for example he's poor skills or how much he is slow. A lot of times he was not active, it was like playing with 10 players. It's not like you score 3 goals against Milan you can do nothing for 1 month for example. Icardi was exactly this striker, it was frustrating to watch some times. A lot of times it was like he was not present on field.

    The most entertaining thing is that 80% of the hate comes from Icardi fans. This are not Inter fans. Go in the PSG forum to suck he's dick, this is a INTER forum and not forza FC Icardi forum.
    Much?
    Look at the poll in Icardi's thread.

    You hated Icardi, i hate lukaku. All for reasons. How is it so hard to understand.

  24. #1437
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    14,958
    Thanked
    13,563 times
    Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

    Tokelau

    69 Forum Supporter
    In the end, we will all love Lukaku.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

    I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

  25. Thanks (8): Aries, Kenny, MVD, Pajo, Pimpin, Rain, thatdude, Ziyad

  26. #1438
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    37,457
    Thanked
    23,873 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    I loved both icardi and Lukaku. I do think Icardi is the better overall player, but i dont think Lukaku is bad, or even mediocre. I guess at FIF it's either Lukaku or Icardi, nothing in between
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts


  27. #1439
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Feb 09
    Posts
    9,795
    Thanked
    21,068 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    We are talking about Lukaku only. The course of action we took to replace our prolific number 9. Any comparison that comes may or may not have to do with the fact that we bought Lukaku for more than we are selling Icardi and also gave him a contract worth more than twice as much as Mauro's...
    If Icardi was professional in attitude, I doubt anyone would have wanted to swap him with Lukaku. I have said this many times before, IMO Icardi before his "fake injury" was worth more than 150m.

    After his fake injury, I am happy Marotta managed to get so much for Icardi - and more importantly from outside of Serie A. And Lukaku is a huge upgrade on Icardi for largely non footballing reasons. However only a naive person would assume that these reasons don't impact the team's performance on the pitch.

    Good luck to Icardi at PSG, hope he has learnt from the fallout of the fake injury and behaves more professionally at his new club. But his story at Inter is over, we have moved on, and Brehme I hope you can join us too.

  28. Thanks (2): Rain, syrus

  29. #1440
    ElDuccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Mar 13
    Posts
    8,826
    Thanked
    8,370 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

    Italy

    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    If Icardi was professional in attitude, I doubt anyone would have wanted to swap him with Lukaku. I have said this many times before, IMO Icardi before his "fake injury" was worth more than 150m.

    After his fake injury, I am happy Marotta managed to get so much for Icardi - and more importantly from outside of Serie A. And Lukaku is a huge upgrade on Icardi for largely non footballing reasons. However only a naive person would assume that these reasons don't impact the team's performance on the pitch.

    Good luck to Icardi at PSG, hope he has learnt from the fallout of the fake injury and behaves more professionally at his new club. But his story at Inter is over, we have moved on, and Brehme I hope you can join us too.

    That's also what i wanted to add in my post where i said that Icardis negative parts never really got hated like that from Lukaku.
    A lot of times he asked for a new contract (at fucking January) and just in this months he was playing like he don't cares that much. I don't know why people never understood this.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

    #IcardiOut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •