View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1813

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    i keep not understanding why Lukaku is so much hated for he's negative parts while Icardi never got that hate. Ok maybe in the games where he was invisible but generelly Icardi got always praised like Messi here. It's ridiciolous. It's not important how Lukaku is playing, people continues saying Icardi was better and that Lukaku is shit which is wrong. Fuck that tbh...

I believe the Italian expression in this case would be "vedove di Icardi" - Icardi's widows. Well, except for the fact that, based on the relationship between Wanda and Icardi, it looks like she wears the pants in the family, with Icardi playing the part of the obedient wife. So maybe "vedovI di Icardi" - widowers - would be more suitable to describe those who hate Lukaku.

2. Thanks (2): Bluenine, ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    In the end, we will all love Lukaku.

As soon as he learns to play football I will.
    He is a very likeable guy, great personnality .

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    I can't imagine what Lukaku can do if he knows how to "play football".
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

He scores tap-ins and penalty kicks but can't control a 5m pass on the ground.

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I think his height and weight make it hard for him to move quickly and beat defenders.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Has anyone else read that Lukaku is training separately from the rest of Belgian squad? The report does not provide an explanation as to why.
    Last edited by Puma; 14 Nov 19 at 00:26.

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Has anyone else read that Lukaku is training separately from the rest of Belgian squad? The report does not provide an explanation as to why.
    Probably he is actually sustaining minor injury or severe fatigue from hectic inter fixtures.

Besides, Belgium already is qualified, right.
    They can rest lukaku
    Sensi Rules!!!

10. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaindé View Post
    He scores tap-ins and penalty kicks but can't control a 5m pass on the ground.
    Yeah that tap in against Brescia from outside the box was pathetic.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    Yeah that tap in against Brescia from outside the box was pathetic.
    That and the Sassuolo goals are 22% of his total thus far. If you think those are the norm and the rest are the outlier, it remains to be seen. It took less than 25% of his goals to characterize Icardi as "just a poacher". Lukaku's numbers so far in that apect exceed that et people go crazy when he ia called a tap in scorer...
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

13. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Howl

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I believe Lukaku, just like Godin for that matter, needs first of all time- to get in shape, to adapt to Conte's system, to the new team, to Serie A defenders etc. So I am thinking not to judge his performance before the end of this season. I do believe however that people have been somewhat harsh on him, myself included. In my case it was mostly because I can't comprehend how on Earth does an 80 million striker have such a poor first touch- amateur level at times. In the first few games he looked sluggish to say the least, and his first touch has been farcical.

However, in terms of output, I do not believe so far he is overall below Icardi, it is just that his mistakes are way more obvious in comparison to Icardi's frequent non-involvement and disappearance. Constant disastrous first touch vs. being non-involved for entire games at a time. At the same time, both seem to have different positive qualities: Romelu bullies defenders and opens up spaces; while Mauro is very agile in the box, one of the most lethal finishers in the game for the past few seasons.

It seems to be exactly how the United fan that posted here regularly (sorry, can't remember the name right now) described Lukaku: a good striker, a good team-player, a decent passer, but at the same time a frustrating player with abysmal ball control. What gives me hope is that he seems to have improved since the beginning of the season: he is using his physique much better, once or twice every game he seems to be able to provide decisive passes, and can score those easy tap-ins. He is still losing the ball numerous times, his positional play is still average, and the first touch is still catastrophic. The first two aspects can be improved with time, practice and with the gelling of the team; while the latter- probably not. But if he will score 20 goals a season (regardless if they are penalties, easy tap-ins or 50 meter range shots), keep being involved and provide space and passes, I am willing to accept his sub-par technique and his occasional brain-farts, no matter how frustrating they can be.

But more than this, I guess comparisons with Icardi are irrelevant- Icardi had an abysmal display starting November last year, months before his injury, so from outside it was obvious he needed a serious change of team (temporary or not); while this year, he has players like Mbappe to provide assists for him. In this regard, Lukaku will probably have players like Candreva and Biraghi for the rest of the season; so there really is no comparison, regardless of how much Candreva has improved.

15. Thanks (6): Irequis, Pajo, Palacio, varmin, Wings, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    That and the Sassuolo goals are 22% of his total thus far. If you think those are the norm and the rest are the outlier, it remains to be seen. It took less than 25% of his goals to characterize Icardi as "just a poacher". Lukaku's numbers so far in that apect exceed that et people go crazy when he ia called a tap in scorer...
    God we get it, you don't like him.

Love how his goal against Milan is also a tap in.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    God we get it, you don't like him.

Love how his goal against Milan is also a tap in.
    It's not a tap in but the great thing about it was the cross. Even the header looked awkward as he was aiming elsewhere
    Where did I say it was a tap in?

And it's not about me liking him. I've always liked the guy and rated him as a good player. He's just not great enough.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's not a tap in but the great thing about it was the cross. Even the header looked awkward as he was aiming elsewhere
    Looked like a perfect glancing header to everyone else on the planet but yeah OK.
    Last edited by Universe; 14 Nov 19 at 15:27.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Thanks (5): ADRossi, Irequis, MVD, Pajo, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Looked like a perfect glancing header to everyone else on the planet but yeah OK.
    Watch him give you a full video with screenshots and red circles in paint with where his eyes are pointed.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

21. Thanks (2): Irequis, Universe

Greece

No need for any of that. If you rewatch you can just see.

He hits the ball with his forehead before he even completes his jump. The ball leaves his head and he's still going up. Usually that kind of headers take the ball lower, this one went much higher. Which is something that happens when the attacking player usually hits the ball while moving downwards. In most cases the headers move in a relatively straight line, this was a curved one... And the biggest clue here is that the ball moved slower after the header than before....

It looked like a great header of course but if you look closely, almost all of the credit has to go to Barella.

All that matters is that he scored, but let's not make it as if he made some crazy header or that it's a big asset of his game. Felt like a fluke but who cares in the heat of the moment? Toldo scored a flukish goal in a derby. Vieri also and so did Adriano. Still counts.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Your bias is leaking out of your pores
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Everyone is going mad about how Ronaldo is scoring so much goals in the National team like yesterday. If it was Lukaku? Nothing special, everyone can score 3 goals against Lituania.

Im anyway not saying that it's special but you still need to score in so many matches before saying that it's easy. Immobile is a good example. That guy is (or should be) italys number 1 top scorer but when i see him playing in the national team he reminds me of Amauri. And it doesen't matter if the opponent is France or Lichtenstein, he just misses too many chances. Remember that play off game against Sweden where Italy was out of the World cup? Immobile missed a incredibile chance. Lukaku would have scored at last 2 goals there.
    Scoring between National team and Club could be easy but if we consider that not many strikers can do it, then personally i think it's not easy.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

25. Thanks (2): MVD, syrus

Greece

It's nothing special about Cristiano either.

It's good to score, but let's not make it as if it's the equivalent of a golden boot in the World Cup final or the CL final.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Great Britain

I find Lukaku at Inter a very fascinating story. He clearly lacks important attributes but at the same time he possesses some attributes which can make him a key point of reference for Conte's team.

It's unlikely he's going to make substantial improvement in terms of his first touch but you can see examples in recent years of players who became better at holding the ball up and more composed as they get older. Perhaps, in time, Lukaku can become a source of celebration for the entire Inter fan base rather than the polarising figure he has been for the last few years at United and now Inter.

29. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba