View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthšus)

    5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

    13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

    72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

    24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

    7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

    4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

    8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

    2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

    0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

    9 6.25%
Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1729

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

  1. #1661
    Nero Indigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 May 09
    Posts
    3,969
    Thanked
    1,614 times
    Fav. Player
    Vieri*

    Nigeria

    29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    tbh this thread would be fine if it wasnt for brehme.

    it's tedious as fuck and ruins one of the most important threads in the forum

    admins/mods should at least just ask him to park his fucking opinions as it really is starting to ruin parts of the forum for me.
    I believe he has the right to keep posting, but I feel it’s almost just trolling at this point. If his handle was different like, I don’t know, maybe Sheva2003? this amount of negativity would not have been tolerated. I get the odd criticism from time to time, but this has got to the point where it just looks ridiculous. Man, I thought I was a pessimist but the amount of people I’ve seen on this forum makes me feel like Mr Rogers. Jeez!
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

    Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

  2. #1662
    FIF MVP .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    21,188
    Thanked
    22,495 times
    Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Asperiini1 View Post
    Do you know what helps. Block him and not having to see his stupid comments again? As i did.
    yeah, doesnt help with the number of people who quote him

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Indigo View Post
    I believe he has the right to keep posting, but I feel it’s almost just trolling at this point. If his handle was different like, I don’t know, maybe Sheva2003? this amount of negativity would not have been tolerated. I get the odd criticism from time to time, but this has got to the point where it just looks ridiculous. Man, I thought I was a pessimist but the amount of people I’ve seen on this forum makes me feel like Mr Rogers. Jeez!


    Yeah. I'm not saying Brehme shouldnt be allowed to post on the forum, but maybe just banned frmo posting in the Icardi/Lukaku threads unless it's actually a newsworthy/novel/different point of discussion than the same shit for the last 6 months.

  3. #1663
    Nothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Mar 18
    Posts
    258
    Thanked
    198 times
    Fav. Player
    Barella

    Malaysia

    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post

    - - - Updated - - -





    Yeah. I'm not saying Brehme shouldnt be allowed to post on the forum, but maybe just banned frmo posting in the Icardi/Lukaku threads unless it's actually a newsworthy/novel/different point of discussion than the same shit for the last 6 months.
    Yeah ban him in Icardi and Lukaku threads and rename the forum to Forzalukakuandfuckicardiforums.com

  4. Thanks (2): .h., MVD

  5. #1664
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    23,594
    Thanked
    13,899 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Circle jerking is more fun than argumentation.

  6. #1665
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,584
    Thanked
    18,622 times

    Italy

    70
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Circle jerking is more fun than argumentation.
    Several argumentations at different times have been developed in this thread, including the pages before this one.

    In my opinion, Glass Box has gotten to the core of the problem in a very simple and clear way: icardi's behavioural issues, so to speak, had simply made it unbearable that he would stay here.

    I don't even go to the icardi's thread anymore, but it's so insufferably boring to see the very same discussions in Lukaku's thread, too.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  7. Thanks (1): MVD

  8. #1666
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanked
    13,161 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Perhaps if every time I commented on Lukaku and the person who was bothering replying did not insert some vague Icardi comment, this wouldn't be happening....

    It's not that hard to check how these discussions start every time. It's not like I go on about and post Icardi >>>> Lukaku in every thread to commence this shitfest. I only bother when people overhype Lukaku (which currently has reached an unbearable status and yet it's a very hot/cold relationship between he's the best and he's the worst...which is a discussion I'm not really partaking) And when people dismiss Icardi overall and act as if he was someone who wouldn't start over Pazzini...

    The only thing there is to it is that there are people like me, who did not and still do not like the direction our club has taken. The fact that results thus far are favorable does not change that since this is not the first 3-4 month stretch that we've had under Suning..
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  9. #1667
    might be Deadpool wera's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Mar 11
    Posts
    21,752
    Thanked
    20,327 times
    Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

    South Korea

    But are we really overhyping Lukaku's striker capabilities? Look at that list up there again. He knows how to score goals. That's what you want from a striker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

  10. #1668
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanked
    13,161 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Yes, he is a good goalscorer. He always has been one. Leaving aside the nature of most of these goals which aren't really a testament of class, he apparently does "more". And when he does these "more" things, he usually fucks it up, which is often ignored here. But people pretend he's doing all these amazing things each time.

    Lautaro on the other hand is such a complete forward these days and yet people choose to ignore him more often than not and just praise the fact that he scores goals... It's a ridiculous double standard.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  11. #1669
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,850
    Thanked
    2,695 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Answer what exactly? I'm not the one who initiated this 'attack' because of something completely unrelated... But still, answer what?

    That it is Icardi's fault that Lukaku cannot control for shit 9/10 times?
    That his chest "passes" are ridiculous?
    That he loses the ball or disorients our attack whenever he tries to be 'involved' at the half way line or further deep?
    That the only way he's being helpful is when he is not doing all those things but rather does what an attacker has to do and just "get involved"?

    Or do I need to remind people that Icardi got bashed because he was triple marked in the penalty box and his teammates where just crossing the ball towards him?

    People seem to have gone blind after this Slavia game. VAR aside, Lukaku became the apparent hero because his man marker slipped in the middle of the pitch. Sure, the pass to Lautaro was sexy as fuck, but it wouldn't even occure if we didn't have that 1-2 lead at the time.

    I'm sorry that my opinion on wasting money on Lukaku and Conte is so strong that whenever I post something it has to be 100% related to that and other members cannot really participate in a discussion without holding biases... When we spend 100m on Maguire and get Nedved as our Director of Football I'll sit quiet.
    Trying always to depreciate Lukaku every time when he does something good but highlight his weakness instead is something i'm talking about. I mention Icardi too, because you are doing quite opposite to him. And this quotation of yours just prove it once again - "People seem to have gone blind after this Slavia game. VAR aside, Lukaku became the apparent hero because his man marker slipped in the middle of the pitch. Sure, the pass to Lautaro was sexy as fuck, but it wouldn't even occure if we didn't have that 1-2 lead at the time."
    Actaully Lukaku was great. He done amazing job for the first goal outplaying two oppositon's defenders and delivered very accurate assists. The last disallowed goal was also great individual effort. Not to mention that he was very useful whole game in winning long balls and had a fine link up play. I just hope somebody to make a video of his touches vs Slavia, just to prove how biased your opinion is.
    And i can see that you are crying always about "wasting money" on Lukaku and Conte. I want to give me short and clear arguments to justify that.

  12. #1670
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanked
    13,161 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Actaully Lukaku was great. He done amazing job for the first goal outplaying two oppositon's defenders and delivered very accurate assists. The last disallowed goal was also great individual effort. Not to mention that he was very useful whole game in winning long balls and had a fine link up play. I just hope somebody to make a video of his touches vs Slavia, just to prove how biased your opinion is.
    And i can see that you are crying always about "wasting money" on Lukaku and Conte. I want to give me short and clear arguments to justify that.

    Here it is again...

    The "very accurate assists" is not really an accurate statement. The 2nd was a great ball, the first one was mostly Lautaro's movement that reached the pass, not the other way around. Lautaro's move in the box was excellent and he barely managed to get the shot before the defender... The pass was bad and so was the shot (the shot hit the ground first), but it ended up going in so everyone's happy.

    As for his "link up play", that's also another exaggeration. Lukaku was walking about most of the game without the ball - which for me wasn't acceptable most of those times but some of them he seemed as if he didn't even bother - and he barely got involved. In fact, go back a few pages and you'll see me praising him for finally stop doing all those silly things that everyone here craves for whatever fetish you guys have with these things.

    But overall, he started showing up after their defender slipped up. Until then I could not really say that he was excellent or anything. He cemented the win with his great pass, but what enabled us to be able to do that was Slavia conceding a goal out of nowhere... And yes, his last goal was nice and should have stood up, but it didn't. Do I have to pretend that the actual score is 1-4 now?
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  13. #1671
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    8,359
    Thanked
    16,101 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    Wrong thread.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti


  14. Thanks (1): MVD

  15. #1672
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanked
    13,161 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Once again.

    Forward runs: Meh.
    Forward balls: Excellent!
    Backwards/sideways balls: "Oh my, please make it stop".
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  16. #1673
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,850
    Thanked
    2,695 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Here it is again...

    The "very accurate assists" is not really an accurate statement. The 2nd was a great ball, the first one was mostly Lautaro's movement that reached the pass, not the other way around. Lautaro's move in the box was excellent and he barely managed to get the shot before the defender... The pass was bad and so was the shot (the shot hit the ground first), but it ended up going in so everyone's happy.
    That is calling to get along with your partner. The movement and the pass was very good synchronized which gave us a goal.

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    As for his "link up play", that's also another exaggeration. Lukaku was walking about most of the game without the ball - which for me wasn't acceptable most of those times but some of them he seemed as if he didn't even bother - and he barely got involved. In fact, go back a few pages and you'll see me praising him for finally stop doing all those silly things that everyone here craves for whatever fetish you guys have with these things.

    But overall, he started showing up after their defender slipped up. Until then I could not really say that he was excellent or anything. He cemented the win with his great pass, but what enabled us to be able to do that was Slavia conceding a goal out of nowhere... And yes, his last goal was nice and should have stood up, but it didn't. Do I have to pretend that the actual score is 1-4 now?
    He was walking?! Dude he won many areal duels and was one of the reasons our counter attacks to be a threat for SLavia's defense. If a someone who doesn't know Lukaku reads your comments about him will get the impression of a clumsy guy, who scores lucky goals while hindering the team's gameplay.
    I'm pretty sure that today's great flick to Lautaro in your eyes is a very poor first touch of Lukaku. Isn't it?

    And you haven't still answered to the question why Lukaku and COnte are "waste of money"

  17. Thanks (1): GenDire

  18. #1674
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanked
    13,161 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I've answered many times as to why Lukaku and Conte are a waste of money. The answer has always been opportunity cost. Spending so much money and still coming up with a roster that's not deeper than last season's and not even much stronger is obviously a sign of bad transfer market scheming. We're off to a good start, but unless we capitalize on that with the tough schedule we have ahead, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, other than be content that we probably cannot fuck away our chances to play in the CL this time and hope on minnows to rescue us against our rivals.

    As for Lukaku v SPAL, he made two really good passes today and overall it was a positive performance, but thus far he's been underwhelming in Serie A games at home and in the entirety of the Champions League aside from 20 minutes vs Slavia away. That's the ugly truth no matter how much shade to it his truly impressive stats line adds.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  19. #1675
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    8,359
    Thanked
    16,101 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I've answered many times as to why Lukaku and Conte are a waste of money. The answer has always been opportunity cost.Spending so much money and still coming up with a roster that's not deeper than last season's and not even much stronger is obviously a sign of bad transfer market scheming. We're off to a good start, but unless we capitalize on that with the tough schedule we have ahead, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, other than be content that we probably cannot fuck away our chances to play in the CL this time and hope on minnows to rescue us against our rivals.
    Separating the facts from fiction - If you know a better coach and central striker for less money that would have the same impact so far you should be appointed as Inter's sporting director and paid handsomely. You probably would be the best thing that has ever happened to this club in its entire history.

    So far both Conte and Lukaku have great return of investment. You have to be a mental midget to think otherwise. After all, we had THE BEST START OF OUR ENTIRE FUCKING HISTORY under the jube mole Conte with Lukaku matching some scoring records that were previously held by legendary players. Marotta sure is a mediocre double agent I'll give you that.

    Again, all your depth talk and money spent is crying over spilled milk. I'd understand it if we were doing horribly but so far what this team shows on the pitch is better than anything we've had in the last ten years. And don't even try to Mancini here cause we all remember the troll way we clawed to the top of the table just for the inevitable to happen. We all saw it coming. I'm not saying we are sure Scudetto contenders but that was never the plan to begin with, was it?


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    As for Lukaku v SPAL, he made two really good passes today and overall it was a positive performance, but thus far he's been underwhelming in Serie A games at home and in the entirety of the Champions League aside from 20 minutes vs Slavia away. That's the ugly truth no matter how much shade to it his truly impressive stats line adds.
    About Lukaku... then again, your boy Icardi did fuck all except from scoring here but you are praising him non-stop. If you thought Lukaku would single-handedly carry this team or something that's like your problem. He's here to score goals, tap-ins, penalties, whatever. Does he score goals? Yes, he does. Case closed. Dude has outscored entire teams like Udinese and Sampdoria ffs. Not to mention that he's clearly picking up form and his partnership with Lautaro is becoming truly deadly. Stats are only dumb when they don't serve your agenda it seems.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti



  20. #1676
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked
    4,101 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    Please stop saying opportunity cost.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...ť un macello qua"

  21. #1677
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    10,638
    Thanked
    22,431 times

    Netherlands

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Please stop saying opportunity cost.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Opportunity cost


  22. #1678
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked
    4,101 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    I think I get it now.
    "Madonna...ť un macello qua"

  23. #1679
    William's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 10
    Posts
    4,104
    Thanked
    1,573 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Europe

    Forum Supporter
    I’ve really warmed to Lukaku! And I was screaming for us not to sign him, yes he has his faults but were a team again and with him and Lukaku up front our team is dangerous again. His partnership with Martinez just seems to be growing so I’m hoping this continues to grow.

  24. #1680

    Join Date
    14 Sep 15
    Posts
    500
    Thanked
    533 times

    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    About Lukaku... then again, your boy Icardi did fuck all except from scoring here but you are praising him non-stop. If you thought Lukaku would single-handedly carry this team or something that's like your problem. He's here to score goals, tap-ins, penalties, whatever. Does he score goals? Yes, he does. Case closed. Dude has outscored entire teams like Udinese and Sampdoria ffs. Not to mention that he's clearly picking up form and his partnership with Lautaro is becoming truly deadly. Stats are only dumb when they don't serve your agenda it seems.
    Icardi can lie down on the pitch scratching his scrotum and he will still praise him for making a move that causes confusion to the opposition players thus enabling us to penetrate the confused and unfocused opponents, claiming that as Icardi's genius method of getting involved (sorry for this cliched overused phrase).

    Lukaku can score 6 goals and give 4 assists in a CL final but he will still nitpick ONE bad touch from him in that game and shit on it constantly as if it's all that matters, saying that ONE bad touch is why Lukaku is a mediocre player and a waste of money.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •