View Poll Results: Predict how Lukaku's Inter career will go

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Legend. One of the absolute best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matthäus)

5 3.47%
  • 9 - Icon. One of the best players in club history, and one of the best players in the world

13 9.03%
  • 8 - Great. A player of high quality that adds a lot to the team, one of the best in the league

72 50.00%
  • 7 - Good. A valuble asset to the team, one of the 10-15 best in his position in the league

24 16.67%
  • 6 - Above average. Useful player, but will never be a key player for a team

7 4.86%
  • 5 - Average. Completely average player. Does his job, but doesn't stand out

4 2.78%
  • 4 - Below average. Not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 5.56%
  • 3 - Anonymous. Will never be remembered due to the fact nobody expected anything from him

2 1.39%
  • 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

0 0%
  • 1 - Infamous. Awful signing, will go down in history as one of the shittiest Inter players ever

9 6.25%
Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1729

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    the top 5 of "goals after 10 games"

he sucks

no but seriously, one time it was only about goals in this forum and now apparently it's diffrent...sure.
    Ya Kallon is much better than Vieri, Icardi and Zlatan. For someone who always says stats dont mean shit when it comes to Icardi, you surely keep posting useless stats when it comes to Lukaku.

2. Thanks (4): Batman, Nero Indigo, Nothing, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    Ya Kallon is much better than Vieri, Icardi and Zlatan. For someone who always says stats dont mean shit when it comes to Icardi, you surely keep posting useless stats when it comes to Lukaku.
    I have to agree on this. This stat means nothing right now, and I’m glad he’s putting up goals but let’s at least cross the great winter curse with those goals first. I’m sure that stat would be much more significantly meaningful for most of us anyway. All we can do is throw our support behind the club.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    Polikaku

Europe

Very nice start in the league indeed, however the CL honeymoon ought to be over for him. Time to perform & produce on the big stage.

Udinese sack tudor
    buu ain't for everyone

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo
    Old name
    Bohir

Indonesia

Rocchi & Osvaldo is better player than lukaku

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    then you don't understand what i said my friend. I posted that shit because many here likes the numbers and not how the player played. I wanted to hear a oppinion from someone who liked Icardi because of the goals. Because let's be honest, the only good thing Icardi made was scoring. He can score easily 20-30 goals but he was never that incredibile player that the numbers are saying.
    I don't care about this. I want to see more from a striker, not only scoring goals and being invisible for 90 minutes. The thing what i posted is only for the people who are saying that Lukaku can only do easy passes. Many here thinks that he's team contribution is only a excuse to defend him from being poor in front of the goal. But the truth is that he is scoring too and not only helping the team. And i agree that he wasn't 100% convincing in some games but he was also not bad.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The people who said the only thing Icardi was good at is scoring are those who wanted him out because that's all he allegedly did.

Everyone watching the games and rated Icardi didn't base their arguments purely on goals scored.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The people who said the only thing Icardi was good at is scoring are those who wanted him out because that's all he allegedly did.

Everyone watching the games and rated Icardi didn't base their arguments purely on goals scored.
    This has
    " I really don't know what I am saying , but I like the sound of my own voice so I am gonna say it any way "
    written all over it .. so what's more important for an striker than scoring goals. ()
    Can we all just agree that Lukaku and Icardi are different type of forwards and fucking move on...

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    From the outset of this post, it is important for me to establish a couple of points: the first is that Icardi was once one of my favourite Inter players; the second is that I do not hate or dislike Lukaku and it is important for me to also admit that when I see Icardi scoring goals for PSG, I have moments when I still wish he played for us.

Earlier this week, I commented in the Icardi thread about his loan and scoring record in Paris. I also commented that Lukaku has got nothing on Icardi as a footballer. That comment was impulsive and was perhaps motivated by a wish for things to stay the same at Inter in the sense of having Icardi still play for us. But I realise that the club has reached a point of no return with Icardi and that he will not play for us again, regardless of how much I do not want that to be the case.

In relation to Lukaku, I appreciate the way he plays for the team and from the very beginning has made every attempt to fit in and be a good teammate to his colleagues and player for his coach. I appreciate how he immersed himself in everything Inter and how he also turned himself inside out to return to fitness, both in terms of general health, weight and physical fitness. I also appreciate his positivity and how he never has a bad word to say not to mention the fact that he appears to be well loved by his teammates and has possibly even taken on a mentoring role with Esposito. Unlike Icardi, Lukaku is also very humble and does not come with the microphone and running commentary that Wanda often provides after Icardi plays. In a way, Lukaku is very much the antithesis of Icardi in every regard, including the way they play football.

I guess what I would like to say in this post is that comparisons between the two are inevitable. Afterall, Icardi was ousted and replaced by Lukaku to the extent that the club paid a record sum and gave him Icardi's jersey. But maybe it is not about making comparisons between the two players. Maybe it is simply accepting that both players have very different characteristics which mean they respectfully contribute to the team in very different ways. For example, Icardi requires service and is hardly involved in build-up play or making a contribution outside of the penalty box. He essentially plays for himself. Whereas Lukaku defends corner kicks, tries to get involved in the game and genuinely tries to assist his teammates, even when efforts are not always effective, pretty or easy to watch.

In terms of where I stand, as difficult as it has been, I have reconciled myself with the fact that Icardi's Inter career is over and that PSG will acquire his services at a cut price. I feel that the time had come for Inter to evolve and move in a different direction to directing their attacking play through a single player. Given the way that Conte expects his Inter to play the game, I feel that our needs in going forward are best suited with Inter being able to call on Lukaku rather than Icardi. Not to mention the fact that the environment around the team has greatly improved and the team is now solely focusing on football as opposed to all the speculation, dramas and alleged rifts between Icardi/Wanda and the players/club.

We have changed direction and are making progress. Lukaku may not score in every game or have the scoring record to match Icardi but he has valuable qualities that our former Captain simply does not have. To analyse and compare statistics between the two players does not tell the full story of what each player brings to the table and contributes (or in Icardi's case destroys indirectly through Wanda or directly by poor decision making). But what really matters right now is that Lukaku is the best fit for our coach and helps the team to play the game that Conte wants. If Inter's management and our coach are happy with Lukaku's contribution and what he brings to the team then he has my full support and I wish Inter and Lukaku together every success.
    Well said mate. Couldn't put it any better.

Yes, both Icardi and Lukaku are two very different animals. Icardi does what Lukaku doesn't, and Lukaku does what Icardi doesn't. Nevertheless, they are both great strikers in their own rights.

While I and many others appreciate that we don't bring up the constant nauseating comparisons between two, it would be best that we don't shit on Icardi anymore as well. Dude is history. Footballing wise, he did his job tremendously during his time here (let's just put aside how his playing style affected the overall team play here). He is a striker, he scored goals. Like many others already mentioned, he was ousted due to non-footballing reasons (Wanda, disliked by team mates, fake injury, bad relationship with fans, etc). So, it's not like we kicked him out because he was not good enough and decided to replace him with Lukaku. His exit was inevitable due to those non-footballing reasons. Conte came in, and he was given the right to choose a striker as his ideal man to suit his playing style. His choice was Lukaku and it was no surprise whatoever given how he had been so keen to sign Lukaku in the past. Thus, it's not Lukaku's fault that Icardi isn't here anymore. It is not even Lukaku's fault that we spent 70m on him. In all fairness, that amount is in fact a fair amount for a prolific high profile striker like Lukaku, especially in today's insanely inflated market.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by syrus View Post
    This has
    " I really don't know what I am saying , but I like the sound of my own voice so I am gonna say it any way "
    written all over it .. so what's more important for an striker than scoring goals. ()
    Can we all just agree that Lukaku and Icardi are different type of forwards and fucking move on...
    It's ironic because your post doesn't really say anything, yet here you are making it anyway.

There was never a question of "difference". We all know that. The question is of that of usage. Lukaku thus far is useful only because he gets on the scoresheet. He is setting us back in many aspects during the game, but thank fuck he can still score a few goals. We all knew he could score. Ask me last season and I'd tell you he was a top 5 striker in England (Aguero, Aubameyang, Kane, Firmino and him). We all know his strengths and weaknesses. The problem will start showing once he stops scoring. And unless you expect him to score 40 goals, he's bouns to have a bad patch some time soon.

Icardi knows how to deal with space, not just for him, but for his teammates. Whenever we played with him and Lautaro up front the results were promising for us moving forward. Whenever Lautaro played behind him we struggled.
    He showed that with Palacio as well. He was being wasted as a sole striker and yet he still banged 50 goals.

I don't see what others claim with Lukaku. Comments such as "he's improving every game" or "he's getting more involved" just seem off to me. I haven't seen any of it. I still see the same indecisive player that is afraid to shoot most times. The last game was hopefully a sign of promise that he'll reduce that.

The best attribute of a striker is his movement. And Lukaku doesn't fucking move! Which is awkward to watch as he is fast and strong. He should be having a field day.

Conte uomo di merda

11. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Nothing, William

Old name
    the dude

Sweden

It's weird how for most of people here it's either black or white for pretty much everything
    Guacamole

13. Thanks (4): ADRossi, hitmax, Il Drago, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ Recoba Adri

England

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's ironic because your post doesn't really say anything, yet here you are making it anyway.

There was never a question of "difference". We all know that. The question is of that of usage. Lukaku thus far is useful only because he gets on the scoresheet. He is setting us back in many aspects during the game, but thank fuck he can still score a few goals. We all knew he could score. Ask me last season and I'd tell you he was a top 5 striker in England (Aguero, Aubameyang, Kane, Firmino and him). We all know his strengths and weaknesses. The problem will start showing once he stops scoring. And unless you expect him to score 40 goals, he's bouns to have a bad patch some time soon.

Icardi knows how to deal with space, not just for him, but for his teammates. Whenever we played with him and Lautaro up front the results were promising for us moving forward. Whenever Lautaro played behind him we struggled.
    He showed that with Palacio as well. He was being wasted as a sole striker and yet he still banged 50 goals.

I don't see what others claim with Lukaku. Comments such as "he's improving every game" or "he's getting more involved" just seem off to me. I haven't seen any of it. I still see the same indecisive player that is afraid to shoot most times. The last game was hopefully a sign of promise that he'll reduce that.

The best attribute of a striker is his movement. And Lukaku doesn't fucking move! Which is awkward to watch as he is fast and strong. He should be having a field day.
    Guess what Einstein. Net result of the game still comes down to goals ..

The best Attributes of a striker is
    1. Goals ( in order to score goals movement is required , which backs up my claims that you just like the sound of your own voice )

2. Professional mentality, something your lord Icardi lacks

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

The year is 3086. Archaic sports such as football have long either since been forgotten or have been folded and adapted into the galactic athleticism federation. The Serie A competitive league is now just a weekly competition to see who can give Andrea Agnelli's cryogenically frozen body the best blowjob; Gianluca Rocchi is the unbeaten champion. Earth, and indeed the universe, have moved on to a higher state of life.

...apart, of course, from Interisti, who are still debating whether swapping Icardi for Lukaku a millennium prior was a good idea. Jesus fucking christ, give it a rest.

Lukaku will score again tomorrow, anyway.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

16. Thanks (5): Cómi, DIN011, GenDire, syrus, wera

United States

Some of the stuff I’ve read in this thread man...

You would think Icardi didn’t go months at a time barely touching a ball or linking up with his teammates. Constantly hiding between two CBs and behind a DM rarely dropping deep to touch a ball. Refusing to dribble even when presented the opportunity and one touching balls into the path of someone running at full speed 10 feet away just so he could point the blame at someone else for losing possession.

The guy was a fantastic finisher but let’s not pretend that other facets of his game were not well below Lukaku. Dribbling, pace, and hold up play Lukaku offers more. That’s keeping in mind that Lukaku’s apparent weakness is with his back to goal. If Lukaku ruined as many counter attacks as Icardi did in the last few years people here would want his head.

PSG is actually the perfect club for him because he can be useless for 88 of the 90 and the players are so talented that they will eventually find him and all he’ll have to do is finish. Not to mention the quality of the league. If we had to pick a destination on loan we couldn’t choose a better one, pad those stats. If he went to the EPL he’d be coming straight back.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

That dude just KO'd the entire debate.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quality of the league Like Serie A has quality
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Quality of the league Like Serie A has quality
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality.

Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

22. Thanks (1): GenDire

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Tap in and penalty. So ugly. But it's count as 3 points.
    Fuck off losers.

Greece

Heard he played like shit again, yet he scores two goals. He is starting to remind me of those basketball players that get criticized for scoring 20 points on 7/35 attempts plus 8 turnovers

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Suck his dick...

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    He was far from shit today. Very, very good game imo. He even had some nice passes and lost the ball only a couope of times
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

27. Thanks (2): bjwam4, thatdude