Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis Sanchez

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    the question, as ive said a few times, is salary/price.

Not worth us paying £500k a week for him (gross), so what is he worth?

Hard to suggest. Personally, at the 125k/week euros mark (net) - or £250k/week UK equivalent, I'd get tempted. That's about 6m a year in Italian salaries, which is pretty fucking substantial, but not out of our bounds.

Then the next thing to ask is how that transfer is facilitated? He's guaranteed £25m in his pocket if he doesnt leave United for the next two years. I dont know what book value he was signed for, but if we assume it was maybe 20m (so that Mkhitaryan was a plusvalenza for United) then he has maybe 10 left unamortised on his residual value.

That means, really, United want us to buy him for maybe 10-15m euros.

Suddenly we're paying 15m euros fee + maybe 30m euros for a 3 year contract for Sanchez? And he's still out of pocket by like £7m - which presumably he'd look to get as severance from United.

The operation is getting really expensive. I'd love to sign him, but maybe at half the total cost of ownership of the figures above.

On form and play time alone he might be a 4-5m a year player for us, not more than that. Otherwise we risk the same stupid shit we did with, e.g., Vidic, where we've got an expensive player that no one wants.

The other option is like what we did with Gabigol and are doing with JM - loan until his residual value is next to nothing, and then Inter sign him for maybe 2 year contract after this season, spreading his £500k a week over the two years, so we're paying £250k a week gross. It's a riskier transaction, and United will still lose a lot of money because they're having to subsidise his contract for another year + lose book value.

2. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Sanchez Mhiki swap was valued 35m euros or pounds each. There's 2.5y from that swap, so there's something like 20m€ left at least. So United wants probably at least that. But no one's gonna pay that, so the opportunity cost is the 25m€ (or pounds idk, but he has full 500k a week only with bonuses) over two years like browha said AND the amortization costs for the two years.

My suggestion from previous page would mitigate the amortization costs (with the fee we pay to him) and would reduce the amount of money owed to Sanchez. Only problem is they'd make capital deficit (we'd pay less than his book value). I think all these figures could be played around to avoid capital deficit but then they'd have to pay bigger severance pay so we wouldn't have to pay as much salary and then we could afford bigger fee.

Then yet another loan is a possibility always with around the same terms, maybe Inter paying a bit more of his salary but obviously we wouldn't have to pay any fee.

I'm positive this gets done in some way.

Edit. Somehow I managed to not read whole browha's post and basically repeated same stuff all over again.

4. Thanks (1): .h.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    Howd Diego Costa work out for Chelsea remind me
    Won 2 league titles didn’t he? That’s more trophies than 90% of our squad combined.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Thanks (4): KevinB, Palacio, SiamoNoi, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Sanchez Mhiki swap was valued 35m euros or pounds each. There's 2.5y from that swap, so there's something like 20m€ left at least. So United wants probably at least that. But no one's gonna pay that, so the opportunity cost is the 25m€ (or pounds idk, but he has full 500k a week only with bonuses) over two years like browha said AND the amortization costs for the two years.

My suggestion from previous page would mitigate the amortization costs (with the fee we pay to him) and would reduce the amount of money owed to Sanchez. Only problem is they'd make capital deficit (we'd pay less than his book value). I think all these figures could be played around to avoid capital deficit but then they'd have to pay bigger severance pay so we wouldn't have to pay as much salary and then we could afford bigger fee.

Then yet another loan is a possibility always with around the same terms, maybe Inter paying a bit more of his salary but obviously we wouldn't have to pay any fee.

I'm positive this gets done in some way.

Edit. Somehow I managed to not read whole browha's post and basically repeated same stuff all over again.
    i'll take the reiteration, imitation is the best form of flattery ;-)

8. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

this article summarises it reasonably well
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ter-Milan.html

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    this article summarises it reasonably well
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ter-Milan.html
    Eurgh. TL;DR?

I don't want to give the Daily Mail any clicks.

11. Thanks (3): Howl, MVD, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Eurgh. TL;DR?

I don't want to give the Daily Mail any clicks.
    My post from last page and from this page, and .h's post in this page.

13. Thanks (1): Black Knight

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

20m for Alexis. If we can do that and wages of like 4m on a 3 year contract im OK with it but I can't see Sanchez doing it unless most of that 20m goes into his pocket. 4m a year from Inter is basically a season of salary and I think he has two seasons left at united?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    We can get that figure down, we have to. No more than €15mil.

16. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    The transfer fee is not the main issue here. Alexis is earning a gross salary of €27m pa for the next two years. That means roughly 14m net, and even with the new tax law (if its applicable in this case) it would mean around €18m pa gross wages for Inter. I don't see Inter paying that much, it won't make sense.

So Man Utd can ask for any amount, but the fact is if they don't sell Sanchez, its going to cost them around €75m (assuming 20m of book value) over the next two years. The only way I can see a permanent deal is if:

1. Man Utd agree to let Sanchez go for free (in this case they only take a 20m book value loss), AND
    2. Sanchez agrees to spread his wages at Inter over more years (say 12m gross for 3 years, instead of 18m over 2 years)

12m pa total cost (amortisation + wages) is reasonable for a player of his quality. This will be a tough decision for all 3 parties.

18. Thanks (2): bjwam4, DARi0

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter consider strategy to extend Sanchez's loan from Manchester United for Europa League games

While the agreement to keep*Alexis Sanchez*until the end of the Serie A season was found a few weeks ago, the deal between Inter and Manchester United to extend the loan also for the Europa League games is yet to be reached.

The Nerazzurri are determined to keep the Chilean forward also for the possible additional Europa League games and are planning a strategy before reopening discussions with Manchester United, which, for their part, have already given the greenlight for the player to be available for the Getafe game.

Inter's idea for the extension of the loan entails the introduction of a clause the will force the Italian club to pay a penalty fee, should both Inter and Manchester United reach the Europa League final. The Nerazzurri would also be willing to pay an additional loan fee to keep Sanchez, while they will consider signing the player on a permanent basis at a later time.
    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/inte...a-league-games
    #SAVESKRINIAR

20. Thanks (4): IM21, MVD, SiamoNoi, thatdude

Europe

I am against signing these "old" players permanently because they can prevent rising young star ala Bastoni to get playing time.

It is okey if they come for cheaper contract or if they really are Pirlo level player who won't be declining any time soon.

I like Sanchez but IMO he haven't performed like he used to against bigger clubs. Against smaller teams in slow tempo game he has been good.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah it starts to be at the level of reaching if we pay 20m€ for Sanchez and then also something like 6m€ salary. 20m€ for 3 years is almost 7m€ annul amortization cost and then add over 10m€ gross salary payment. Tax reduction cannot be applied, as Sanchez has already paid Italian taxes this year. That's total of over 16m€ annual cost. That's Lukaku level cost.

Anyway, the most important thing is that salary issue. All this speculation is useless if that cannot be resolved.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Nobody will match his salary, United will be forced to bend. Fuck them, they have money.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    So glad he got his goal tonight. The man has been our best performer by far for the past couple of matches and his frustrations that he should at least have more assists never mind a goal have at least been eased.

25. Thanks (3): Ethor, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

We won't find someone better. This guy is a WC.
    Save Radja.

27. Thanks (5): bjwam4, MVD, SiamoNoi, thatdude, William

France

Our best player since the restart.

Like, it's not even close in my mind.

29. Thanks (2): firmino, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

He is really making a statement lately with his performances. Again MOTM for me with kudos to Eriksen as well.

31. Thanks (2): MVD, SiamoNoi

Poland

2 goals and 6 assists after corona-break. He is already the best assister for us in Serie A with only 654 minutes on the pitch.

33. Thanks (3): MVD, SiamoNoi, thatdude

France

Quote Originally Posted by diamen View Post
    2 goals and 6 assists after corona-break. He is already the best assister for us in Serie A with only 654 minutes on the pitch.
    Oh he's our best assister tied with Candreva ... that explains why Antonio made more crosses than shots tonight !