Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis Sanchez

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have my doubts on whether Man Utd will pay Sanchez to leave. They have seen the performances at Inter too, they know we want him. At best we can get a free transfer. Which means Inter and Sanchez reach a compromise wage that works for both.
    Yes that might be the case. As for United, I've understood Solskjaer has been pretty clear he doesn't want anything to do with Sanchez. But of course Woodward is the one making the decisions.

If I'm not mistaken, the new tax rule already applies to Sanchez this year. I see no reason why it won't apply next year.
    You are mistaken in the sense that Sanchez is here on a one-year loan deal. One of the requirements to get the tax benefit is to be at Italy at mandatory 2 years. So the contract would have to be at least 2 years for the tax relief to apply.

5-6m net is not going to work with a player who is earning 20m+ net. I am sorry, but that is just not realistic. While Sanchez's current salary is too high, a player of his caliber and class will command 10m+ even in this climate. If he is available on a free, I suspect he will get that offer from some clubs. Look at Cavani, who is in a similar class level as a player, he will get 10m+ as salary as a free agent. Sanchez is 2 years young than Cavani, and should have 3 years at top level left in him, injuries permitting.

One way to look at it is getting a player for Sanchez's class for 40m-50m total cost over 3 years. That gives Sanchez a net wage of around 12m, that is a level I see working for the player. In these cases, you have to look at total annual cost to club. If Lukaku costs us around 25m gross a year (amortisation+wages), Sanchez for 15m gross a year doesn't seem too much. If Sanchez can demonstrate over the next month that he can play like yesterday consistently, it may make sense for Inter. Coz replacing Sanchez with a player of similar quality will cost at least as much if not much, much more. This is a call Inter have to make, and hopefully make this call before the EL starts.
    Sanchez is earning around 12m net and it might even be a bit lower as United didn't reach CL (United has CL clauses in their contracts, at least in big ones).

Sanchez is not going to get 10m net salary anywhere, even for a free transfer, like browha said he's not comparable to Cavani. We don't know if even Cavani will get his 10m+ net salary as a free agent.

Free agent Sanchez with gross cost of 15m means his net salary is close to 8m (if we assume the tax is a bit lower than 50%). We can't apply tax reduction to him anymore, because he's had a tax period at Italy already (and didn't got tax reduction this year because of only 1 year committed to Italy).

Yes, replacing Sanchez will cost money, but the quality is very hard to determine. What is Sanchez's quality per se. That's a hard question. He hasn't been scoring a lot, of course because he had that injury, but so what? Facts are facts, do we want to commit huge amounts of money to these stats? What else can we get from the market with that money? (which money, it's hard to even determine what the cost will be )

In my opinion the fact is Sanchez needs to take a huge paycut to play for Inter again since United won't continue the loan deal with the same terms.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    yeah. agreed 100%

sanchez has an option right now. He can try to be a good player again, prove himself after maybe a year and get a better contract, or take a fat pay check, retire a happy man, but with unfulfilled potential. His career has been a complete waste since like the season he moved to United, and he's going to be remembered for that. Barca didnt really pan out the way he wanted either.

Any good footballer should want the former, not the latter. I dont blame him if it was the latter - I'd find it hard to pass up 25m guaranteed post-tax, I'd retire. but footballers are meant to have ambition.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Though I wouldn't blame him for taking the latter. He needs to leave a huge amount of money on the table which his agent has negotiated for the guy based on his performances earlier.

We can always think that it's just football and his career will end within 5 years most probably. He has like 50 years of his life left (and he has family to support and shit like that).

4. Thanks (1): Bluenine

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Though I wouldn't blame him for taking the latter. He needs to leave a huge amount of money on the table which his agent has negotiated for the guy based on his performances earlier.
    Oh I would probably take the latter too personally. But I'm fat and lazy.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Which is why I am saying, Inter's decision will be whether or not to get Sanchez for 10m+ gross wages. Anything less is very unlikely. Stranger things have happened but I just don't see Sanchez agreeing to 5-6m. Its not like Inter are guaranteeing a starting role and trophies.

So how Sanchez plays for the remaining 9 games is key. If he plays like he did yesterday, IMO it may still be worth it. 10m-15m total annual cost could be justified. If he is inconsistent, it doesn't make sense.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

I think getting Sanchez for 10m+ gross wages is a mistake, and I wouldn't do it.

8. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, vex

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    It's a negotiation tactic from Man Utd to find an agreement for a permanent switch. This is far from over.
    Why permanent switch? We don`t need his big contract Why pay when you can loan?

Sport Mediaset: Inter are negotiating with Manchester United over a new loan deal for Alexis Sanchez over next season.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

10. Thanks (3): magnesium, MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yes and I've been saying it can be permanent transfer or 2-year loan or something. With a loan, United avoids immediate capital losses, because Inter is not going to pay the book value of Alexis as a fee. While we can pay some loan fee and United keeps amortizing his value annually until his contract is up.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

I see the different Sanchez in last two games . He bring leadership to our team. Especially when we counter attack opponent.

He looks motivated and confidence, when Lautaro seems nervous. We need him, not Lukaku or Lautaro to start next 9 games.

Why ? Cause fucking Lautaro already give mind to Barca, and Lukaku sometimes annoying with his decision.
    Lautaro Martnez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

13. Thanks (1): dax21

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    If we extend the loan, we still may not use him in the Europa League. Manchester United may tell us that he's going to train with them in August and he'll return to us in September when the market opens.

I'd rather have him permanently. If he's on loan again I think he won't be as determined.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    But why would we take that kind of deal? I'm pretty sure our management prioritizes the August much higher than next season. And for United, with August comes also next season so I'm fairly confident it will be both or nothing.

Greece

But why would we take that kind of deal? I'm pretty sure our management prioritizes the August much higher than next season. And for United, with August comes also next season so I'm fairly confident it will be both or nothing.
    I think the way it is set, it is entirely up to Man United to decide if they'll recall a player in August or not.

If we agree on a permanent transfer, then I guess the main condition would be that the loan is extended until September.

Also note that if Sanchez has a 'golden handshake' with Manchester United, then the loan deal collapses and he probably cannot be part of our Europa League team even if he signs with us directly as he'll have to be registered on September as a new signing. But this is a weird situation, UEFA and FIFA are probably going to let many exceptions slide.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I think it can be arranged that the loan is extended till the end of August and whatever the way is to get Sanchez to Inter in September, it will be a separate deal which includes the golden handshake. Pretty sure that can be agreed beforehand as a binding pre-agreement.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Yes and I've been saying it can be permanent transfer or 2-year loan or something. With a loan, United avoids immediate capital losses, because Inter is not going to pay the book value of Alexis as a fee. While we can pay some loan fee and United keeps amortizing his value annually until his contract is up.
    If a loan extension on same terms is possible, its obviously the best way forward to Inter. This loan deal brilliant move by Inter, the only reason we are not talking about it as one of our best deals is coz Sanchez got injured.

Personally I doubt Man Utd will be stupid enough to extend the loan on the same terms. Coz Sanchez's annual wages are bigger than his book value at the moment. So avoiding a "capital loss" is less important than getting rid of the wages. I suspect the only reason they did that loan deal last summer was with a hope that Sanchez rediscovers himself and they can get rid of his wages this summer.

Greece

the only reason we are not talking about it as one of our best deals is coz Sanchez got injured.
    speak for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Colpo di mercato

20. Thanks (1): Bluenine

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yes, it won't be extended with the same terms. Otherwise it would have been done already.

But at least now there fly the rumors of Inter wanting to buy the player.

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Does he still consider playing for his national team a priority? because I don’t think he can handle both.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

Indonesia

man utd fans are jizzing over this news: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-18m-deal.html

we cannot even afford 13M/year wage even if he is free
    In what way inter can afford 20M transfer + 13m/year wages on rotational striker
    You Need Skill and Luck To Make a Great Save - Alberto Fontana
    The Strong One Doesn't Win, The One That Wins is Strong - Franz Beckenbauer

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

its a ridiculous rumour with no basis

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Of course that would include United paying a hefty severance pay to Sanchez which would allow him to accept considerably lower salary at Inter. That is not speculated in that story but the story isn't taking any stance regarding that matter whatsoever.

It might be that United wants Inter to pay the book value, then they negotiate with Alexis how much he needs, then he's free to sign with Inter. Inter and Sanchez have come to an agreement before all that obviously (no reason to start all the negotiations without having Inter-Alexis deal first).