Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis Sanchez

United States

He was alright, however we did miss Lautaro’s hold up ability. He isn’t super sharp yet he needs more playing time to get in shape.

2. Thanks (2): Javier'sSon, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Our most effective forward duo is Lautaro with Sanchez anyway. If we keep rotating between them we're not going to see that chemistry again.

And Sanchez needs to stay.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

4. Thanks (1): eduzee

Macedonia

Him and Biraghi were best today.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Solskjaer confirmed Alexis loan will be extended till the end of August. Good news.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

7. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Solskjaer confirmed Alexis loan will be extended till the end of August. Good news.
    Thank fuck. Also buys us time to try and seal a permanent move or extend the loan for another season.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

9. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    To be exact that's what Solskjaer said:

Alexis still had problems related to injuries.*He is thinking about his future and we are thinking about ours. We will make a decision after the end of the season and it is important that he focuses on the season finale with his team and that we can focus on what we’re doing
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's all pointing to United interested in continuing business with Inter regarding Alexis so let's see what kind of deal we can figure out with them. I guess part of this dealing is that Alexis stays with us for EL games too.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Brilliant from the bench. Again.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

14. Thanks (4): bjwam4, MVD, Strale, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Brilliant from the bench. Again.
    He was but he seems to be much better from the bench than starting. Him coming on with 30 minutes when the other team is tired. I think I prefer him in that eriksen role too rather than striker

16. Thanks (3): dax21, MVD, Palacio

United States

I still prefer him as striker but today he did well in that role. Still want to see Alexis - Lautaro with Eriksen behind.

18. Thanks (3): Gaindé, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

On the last situation where he gave the ball to Moses which led to the "Victor Fucking hell" from Lukaku , I expected him to shoot. I think that back at Arsenal he would have shot 100%, it was perfect from him! I feel like he still lacks a bit of confidence, he is definitely a good player who has unique characteristics compared to the other strikers.

20. Thanks (3): magnesium, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Lautaro and Lukaku should be the ones competing for a start alongside Sanchez.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

22. Thanks (4): Bluenine, ciamac, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Sleezy move by ManUtd if they don't extend his loan like Inter are reportedly about to do with Radja.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Radja's loan will be extended, though.

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Lautaro and Lukaku should be the ones competing for a start alongside Sanchez.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Not sure about that. He would probably got critized the same amount if not more if conte gave him more minutes, cus i dont think he has in him 60 or 70 min of football. As it stands right now he gets 15 or 20 min, so we dont even see him with his tanks empty which i think highly overblows his overall image here. For me his current role is perfect... For now.

And having said all of this i would like if he starts our next game instead of lukaku or lautaro, both of them need rest, and it would be interesting to see if he can maintain high level through the one hour mark. He couldnt in the past in rare ocassions when he started.

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Radja's loan will be extended, though.
    You are right afaik and that's what I meant, but I phrased it badly.

27. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quite sleazy move by United to prevent Alexis to continue with us at EL. For now. Of course that will be used as a leverage when they are probably negotiating to extend the loan or direct transfer.

Although it can also be that it doesn't have effect in those negotiations because it's in United's great interest to get rid of Alexis. So we should actually use that as a leverage to force them to allow Alexis play in EL too.

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Quite sleazy move by United to prevent Alexis to continue with us at EL. For now. Of course that will be used as a leverage when they are probably negotiating to extend the loan or direct transfer.

Although it can also be that it doesn't have effect in those negotiations because it's in United's great interest to get rid of Alexis. So we should actually use that as a leverage to force them to allow Alexis play in EL too.
    Read somewhere that it's to make sure players are not injured and club wants to offload both Sanchez and Smalling. Maybe if Inter can reach some sort of agreement for loan + obligation to buy then it shouldn't be a problem.

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    sanchez' salary is gonna be the real problem thoujgh afaik. considering what he's done for us this season I cant really see us paying him more than an average wage.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Read somewhere that it's to make sure players are not injured and club wants to offload both Sanchez and Smalling. Maybe if Inter can reach some sort of agreement for loan + obligation to buy then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Yes, definitely. United surely is willing to give Alexis to us for EL too, if the loan is extended for further season + obligation to buy, or maybe 2 years loan or something. Everything revolves around financial parameters of the deal.

United wants to save as much money as possible while having Alexis out of the team and Inter wants to pay as little as possible while having Alexis in the team, possible in the next season too.

I think it's in every party's interest that Alexis stays with Inter the whole time and doesn't return to United at any point. That way United don't have to worry about player getting injured because he stays at Inter for next season too.

I can see a scenario that United pays a golden handshake to Alexis, Inter pay a fee for a two-year loan to United and Alexis takes a paycut when he joins Inter. That way United avoids taking capital losses to Alexis because we won't pay that much to United if there was direct purchase.