Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Udinese (14 Sep 19)

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Yesterday's was by far the worst performance of the season. The team seemed to be stuck in second, never giving the idea that they could play (and think) any faster. Brozovic had a subpar game, and everyone around him ended up adjusting to the lethargic tempo he dictated. As it often happens in such cases, there was need of a spark to start the fire. And yesterday that spark came in the form of a brilliant piece of playacting by Candreva, who channelled his inner Bale (Christian, not Gareth) to make the most of De Paul's idiotic bitchslap and get him sent off. The Roman gave an encore in the second half following a last-man blunder of his, but unfortunately the referee didn't appreciate the effort and booked him all the same.

Jokes aside, the goal we scored a few minutes before halftime should have finally set things in motion, giving us the necessary momentum to push forward in search of the second goal that would have put the game to bed. However, we just continued playing lethargic, uninspired football and ended up defending the lead in the final minutes. In this respect, Conte should have definitely subbed one of the three CBs off. Playing a 3-men defence against a team reduced to ten men and with only one forward always seemed like a waste of men to me. Anyway, we somehow managed to get the job done on a weekend that saw so many big teams across Europe drop points, so I won't bitch too much about it.

As for individual performances, Sensi was once again the MotM. Goal aside, he had two very good shots saved by Musso and tried constantly to speed up things despite the lack of collaboration from his teammates. Barella picked up a stupid yellow card and was correctly subbed off at halftime to avoid any risks, as Conte admitted after the game. I don't agree with the people bashing him because he was one of the few players who tried to play vertically during the first half. Too bad our big man Lukaku looked rather wooden up front and couldn't carry out the link-up tasks he was supposed to. He was simply too slow, and the ball often seemed to just bounce off him. Conte said the Belgian had some kind of back pain or something, so maybe he should have just rested him yesterday.

Politano, on the other hand, was lively and tried to make things happen. He had a couple of good shots, one of which hit the post at the very beginning of the game. Asamoah and Candreva did their bit, but lacked a bit of creativity in the final third (which is not a surprise, of course). As for the defence, we finally got to see our starting trio in action. They had a good game overall, with Godin also managing to assist the winner. The only flaw in their game was the 1vs1 chance they conceded to Lasagna, which was denied by Handanovic. De Vrij - who had an otherwise solid debut - was at fault for keeping the Udinese forward onside, and Godin went too soft on him for fear of causing a penalty. Skriniar misplaced a couple of passes but was solid overall. He also tried to advance and put pressure on the opposition higher up the pitch, but was seldom followed by his teammates.

Lastly, the subs were OK. Gagliardini was particularly lively when he walked in and got himself very busy in the final third. I found him a bit selfish at times, but I won't blame him for trying to make an impression on the coach on the first chance he's been given so far. Alexis was also quite active and almost found the way to score on his debut. He seems motivated and in a decent shape, but of course we're all expecting more of him in the future. Lautaro had just come back after his exploits with Argentina and was still jetlagged, but he did what he could.

All in all, we started the season off the right foot. 9 on 9 is a very promising start, but we definitely need to improve the level of our performances if we want to maintain the pace, starting from Tuesday. Now we have a tough string of fixtures, which will tell us more about the season ahead of us.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Pleased that the team was able to have a breather in the second half but still I have to be disappointed we created so little.

We will allegedly unveil our 3rd kit against Slavia Praha midweek. The last time we debuted a 3rd kit at home to a full house and against an un-fancied opponent, Parma De Paul-ed us in the face with a 30m Dimarco screamer. As punishment, we brought in the little shit and imprisoned him on the bench.

Part of me wants to rotate heavily - half out of curiosity to see some of our backups, half because the scudetto is already ours.

Give me Padelli; D’Ambrosio, Ranocchia, Bastoni; Lazaro, Vecino, Gagliardini, Valero, Biraghi; Sanchez, Lautaro. Thanks.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

3. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We weren't great but we weren't bad either I can only think of 1 or 2 times where Udinese threatened us.

Godin is a great addition to the team, so far I've been impressed with him and Sensi the most.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Don't overanalyze guys on what we "should" do. 3pts and not a troll win.

On to the next one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Grande Inter

Bulgaria

7. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, chhstr, MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Lukaku so unsurprisingly useless and invisible that at some point I'd swear he didn't even appear on screen for a solid half an hour, I thought he got subbed without me noticing or something before he suddenly appeared on screen again. It's extra bad when he doesn't score a goal to redeem his useless performance.

Thankfully, where one new addition fails to impress another one continues to surprise. I'm psyched to see how Sensi will continue to grow into this team.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

9. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Linege, MVD

England

not bad for a team that had a terrible mercato eh fif morons? LOL

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by militoscores View Post
    It's quite ironic, our best purchase was a juBe cunt.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Lukaku so unsurprisingly useless and invisible that at some point I'd swear he didn't even appear on screen for a solid half an hour, I thought he got subbed without me noticing or something before he suddenly appeared on screen again. It's extra bad when he doesn't score a goal to redeem his useless performance.

Thankfully, where one new addition fails to impress another one continues to surprise. I'm psyched to see how Sensi will continue to grow into this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    It's quite ironic, our best purchase was a juBe cunt.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Serbia

I watched the game with couple of friends so my attention wasn't 100% and I didn't quite understand everything that was going on. What I noticed is that our backline was set up quite high, often with defenders pushing in front of the wingbacks even. It was refreshing to see Skriniar pushing up the midfield even if it's quite risky. I guess Conte is just experimenting. Lukaku was obviously not fit and it wasn't his best moment. Politano surpisingly good, he just might prove me wrong about being a striker.
    Candreva back to his mediocre self but hey at least he provoked that red card so good for him.
    Sensi is amazing. Godin is definitely a revelation at his age and if he can keep being fit I will take back what I wrote about him pre-summer.

Also goddamn is it satisfying to see substitutions that actually follow the logic of common sense.
    Derby will be interesting because form doesn't matter in derbies, Milan is in shambles but it would be dumb to underestimate them, especially since Piatek scored again and probably feels a weight is off his shoulders.

15. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Vietnam

I can't remember anyone saying we have a terrible mercato (can you quote?). Most are happy, at least "not completely satisfactory due to lack of extra top midfielder & bad selling".

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    That was a nasty slap, although Candreva overracted which makes me think the slap should be harder. It’s a win-win situation for us fans.
    Forza Inter

18. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

I was sitting at in the blue section of the stadium (opposite side of CN) and I heard a dude making monkey noises at Udinese's number 4 on two occasions. I turned around to identify the clown on both occasions but was unable to. Funnily enough, I looked like the only one bothered with it since all others were nonchalantly watching the game as if nothing happened.

It's become more and more clear to me that racist chants are just not a big of a deal for Italians.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Glad you hit your first game. Hope you guys found a good park and you didn't take a bag with a professional camera
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

21. Thanks (1): Shark

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

terrible in how much money was spent and how little was sold
    okay mercato, best two buys Godin and Sensi, but I can see this team in a downward spiral as soon as Sensi gets injured

our right flank and our strikers aren't good enough (yet??)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

England

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    I can't remember anyone saying we have a terrible mercato (can you quote?). Most are happy, at least "not completely satisfactory due to lack of extra top midfielder & bad selling".
    non stop summer of moaning from the idiots on this forum i think you will find

the same cunts will be out in force when we lose a game too

Italy

As your usual, you are unnecessarily offensive.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that someone defined our transfer session "horrible" (it's possible, I certainly won't go through pages and pages) or the likes: so what?

We're not discussing scientific theories, we are here to enjoy talking about the team we support. Besides, if there is a place where people have the right to be irrationally optimistic or pessimistic, or even just wrong, that's certainly a football forum, as sports are about emotions and emotions are not the realm of rationality.

So change your tune, moron.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

25. Thanks (5): MVD, wera, Wings, Wobblz, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

3 wins and suddenly we are unbeatable. ah, sweet summer child
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

27. Thanks (1): Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Extremities are my favourite. Shit is either black or white, no place for nuance and looking at things at different angles. What I especially love is people taking one extreme to prop up an argument for the other.

Generally speaking MOST people here thought our market was above average, that's putting it conservatively. When you're calling a collective morons you better have a very tight fucking ship buddy and I think you're talking out your ass.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

29. Thanks (2): MVD, wera

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    If he read only the comments in Lukaku's thread, it's very probably to get the impression that our merkato is a shit as per the majority here.